Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
s-l1600.jpg

Found a generic image from a drynites seller that looks like it has Velcro sides.

Nope, the Drynites over here still have tear-away sides. They were also recently revamped with Tinkerbell designs, so I highly doubt that Drynites will be getting velcr sides anytime in the near future.

Nope, they don't have Velcro sides. Goodnites in South Korea do, but nowhere else I think. I guess it's to give the idea of making it not look like a diaper and just 'nightime underwear'.

i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it,it wont happen.

ggreggy said:
i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it,it wont happen.

Although the relative price difference between tapes and velcro may be significant, I don't think the actual cost for them is enough to matter much. If four sticky tapes plus a tape panel costs 4 cents, and four velcro tapes and a loop panel costs 16 cents (4x as much), you've still only added 12 cents to the cost of production. :dunno:

ggreggy said:
i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it, it wont happen.

I think velcro sides would be great for kids, especially for kids with disabilities. I've read other comments like this on the GoodNites website. Unfortunately GoodNites is more concerned with having cute designs.

bambinod said:
If four sticky tapes plus a tape panel costs 4 cents, and four velcro tapes and a loop panel costs 16 cents (4x as much), you've still only added 12 cents to the cost of production. :dunno:

There's also retooling cost to the factories.

Be very impressive if they were.

All I see in the supermarkets now are nappy pants for babies rather than tab style being promoted so it would be a great reverse trend to have fittable nappies for older children.

I wouldn't be surprised they would add the velcro sides to their new XS-S size since they are the logical route for parents of toddlers/preschoolers that graduate from the Pull-Ups Nightime and they would find the velcros very useful sometimes (since at this age range, they could still have #2 accidents and the velcros makes it easier, even if the tear away sides could work too), but for the bigger size like S-M and L-XL, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, even if we think it could be fun to see this, kids that need them won't want this feature, especially older kids.

CodyBaby said:
I wouldn't be surprised they would add the velcro sides to their new XS-S size since they are the logical route for parents of toddlers/preschoolers that graduate from the Pull-Ups Nightime and they would find the velcros very useful sometimes (since at this age range, they could still have #2 accidents and the velcros makes it easier, even if the tear away sides could work too), but for the bigger size like S-M and L-XL, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, even if we think it could be fun to see this, kids that need them won't want this feature, especially older kids.

Older/Bigger kids might not want it at first, but may soon see the advantage. Just like they didn't want to wear GoodNites.

I don't understand why diaper companies don't seem to want to sell diapers that are designed for older kids. I mean, there's a huge demand for them from ABDLs like us, people who have disabilities, and just bedwetters. If they invested more into that product line, not only would they be helping out all three communities, but they would probably get a lot more sales which would help them out as well.

SorcerorElf said:
I don't understand why diaper companies don't seem to want to sell diapers that are designed for older kids. I mean, there's a huge demand for them from ABDLs like us, people who have disabilities, and just bedwetters. If they invested more into that product line, not only would they be helping out all three communities, but they would probably get a lot more sales which would help them out as well.

The main issue is they already have for most crappy products designed for incontinence, investing in that market would overlap the markets and that's something they want to avoid at all cost, they know for example that a lot of parents of autistic and special needs kids would love to use Pampers or Huggies diapers for their older kids, but they don't market larger sizes cause they have crappy products marketed for adults to sell (yup some have youth sizes but they still are crappy as hell and do not work like they should) its a marketing business decision, most of the ones that decides for this kind of things are way too old to ever think about what people need, they assume the market didn't change since the 70's or 80's Most adults products never evolved since that time, while baby market is constantly evolving. Its another issue there.

Personally, I don't want them to help the ABDL Community.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
Personally, I don't want them to help the ABDL Community.

Interesting viewpoint and that’s how I think after finding the MyDiaper company and modern ABU, big corporations are not needed to make diapers that are wanted/needed.

Argent said:
Interesting viewpoint and that’s how I think after finding the MyDiaper company and modern ABU, big corporations are not needed to make diapers that are wanted/needed.

Hum, having big corporations would help a lot, right now adult baby diapers are at an extremely high premium price, I could always dream to ever be able to afford such a luxury, but I know it won't happen for me, being on welfare is hard sometimes, also the market is so small the prices per diaper is so high especially products made in USA to Canada is extremely overpriced, even rearz.ca products are way too overpriced cause of the small market right now. If Huggies or Pampers decided to bring a product for adult babies, they could lower the prices at least.

I would freaking love those.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Argent said:

Part of my DL, is the utmost respect for diapers, for what they offer to those who actually need diapers or pull-ups. I don't want these companies make diapers for ABDL's enjoyment. The people, who need diapers always comes first.

12srepaid said:
Part of my DL, is the utmost respect for diapers, for what they offer to those who actually need diapers or pull-ups. I don't want these companies make diapers for ABDL's enjoyment. The people, who need diapers always comes first.

The interesting thing is that some ABDL companies tend to make better functioning, and more reliable diapers, than any other manufacturer. As an incontinent person who needs a good and reliable diaper, I'm more inclined to go with an AB diaper just because they tend to work better while sometimes also costing less. And bonus, some of those diapers look cool too.

I agree Slomo. There are diapers specially intended for ABDL's.
Like I mentioned earlier, I dont want brands like Pampers or GoodNites to start catering to ABDL's. But It would be good for them to consider older kids with disabilities a liitle bit more, and a bit less on cute designs. This is more important to me than my own diaper likings.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
The interesting thing is that some ABDL companies tend to make better functioning, and more reliable diapers, than any other manufacturer

I wonder how much of that is the medical market trying to run the bleeding edge of "just good enough" on a disposable product, and how much of that is the ABDL market insisting on a higher level of performance? It's an interesting bit of interference where two different markets are looking for similar products that have somewhat different price-for-performance goals. One market may have an average demand for a "5" and another market may have an average demand for a "7". So one market provides mostly 4-6, and another market 6-8, and you can see where we get some cross-over between the two. Consumers in the lower market looking for better, and consumers in the upper market looking for cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back