NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Nashville was bad tonight, I hope your wrong, but I don't think so... I think unfortunately Pittsburgh will be back to back champs.

Congratulations Pittsburgh back to back champions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the Pens, but as a hockey fan I feel kind of robbed cause I feel there should of been a game 7. Unfortunately the referee didn't position himself properly and blew the play dead while the puck was still alive on Sissions goal/ no goal. That was the second questionable call against the Predators in the series.

It's unfortunate. If the Pens beat Preds straight up I'm okay with that, but as a hockey fan I'm siting here thinking 'what if' because of two questionable calls in that Stanley Cup Final. Hopefully the NHL will make effort this offseason to try to correct any inconsistencies and issues with officiating. I'd like to see the coaches challenge expanded to cover blown calls. I also wouldn't mind see a investment in replay so referees and linesman can make more accurate calls.

Well, we will never know what could have been. It's going to be a interesting to see what happens this offseason; a new franchise, a expansion draft, A new sweater supplier in Adidas (revealing next years jerseys on the 20th of this month), and a relatively weak draft class as compared to recent years. A lot coming up in a short time. Once again, congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins and their fan base on two consecutive championships, and we'll see what happens next year. "Let's go Buffalo!"

Naturally I'm ecstatic :)

I understand y'all might see me as a Pens apologist, but in the end the ref made the correct call (and the biased NBC broadcasting even admitted it). Yeah, the ref was in a crappy spot, but he did exactly as the rule book said. The other thing that infuriates me is that people are stating that we robbed Nashville of the game. I agree that it was a crappy call, but if the Preds had made something of the two late power plays, not to mention the 1 minute of 5-3 time they completely squandered, things may have been very different.

Championship teams don't make excuses. They figure out how to make it happen. According to the "experts" Washington should be hoisting the Cup and we lost because we didn't have Letang. Some prediction!

ProudPaddedBro said:
Naturally I'm ecstatic :)

I understand y'all might see me as a Pens apologist, but in the end the ref made the correct call (and the biased NBC broadcasting even admitted it). Yeah, the ref was in a crappy spot, but he did exactly as the rule book said. The other thing that infuriates me is that people are stating that we robbed Nashville of the game. I agree that it was a crappy call, but if the Preds had made something of the two late power plays, not to mention the 1 minute of 5-3 time they completely squandered, things may have been very different.

Championship teams don't make excuses. They figure out how to make it happen. According to the "experts" Washington should be hoisting the Cup and we lost because we didn't have Letang. Some prediction!

I understand the Predators had more opportunities and were unable to cash in, but in my opinion those chances (like the powerplay's) does not make up for that blown call in game 6 and the challenged offsides goal in game 1 for the Predators; Both of those calls were undoubtedly determining factors in the series.

I'm not a fan of either team, but as a hockey fan I wanted to see a hardfought series and I didn't want to see the series jeopardized by the referees and linesmen. If the tables were turned, and the Pens goal was waved off because of a blown call or controversial offside ruling, you would have a similar reaction as some of us criticizing the zebras from the final. You can't blame us for contemplating 'what if?'

As for the Pens. That's a impressive accomplishment. A few years ago people thought the Pens were done; they've run into cap issues and they can't overcome. So it's impressive to see a franchise rebound from a few disappointing seasons following their 2009 championship and win the cup two consecutive years, especially in the cap era.

As a Sabres fan it's exciting. It sounds like Jason Botterill was a important piece of building the Pens the last few years and now he's the Sabres general manager. He has the experience to build a team and sustain a team even through cap complications. Today the Sabres hired Phil Housley as the next head coach too and that's very exciting. It's going to be entertaining to see what happens in the following weeks (Jonathan Drouin became a Hab today) and I'm already getting excited for September.

DLC93 said:
I'm not a fan of either team, but as a hockey fan I wanted to see a hardfought series and I didn't want to see the series jeopardized by the referees and linesmen. If the tables were turned, and the Pens goal was waved off because of a blown call or controversial offside ruling, you would have a similar reaction as some of us criticizing the zebras from the final. You can't blame us for contemplating 'what if?'.

I could not agree more. You never, ever want that cloud hanging over a championship, and at the end of the day it should have been a goal. My only point was we can what if all day, but sh!t like that early whisltle WILL happen, and part of climbing to the top of the mountain is not complaining about what happened, but rather getting it done. It would have been a lot more satisfying to see a 7-0 blowout in game 6 than a squeaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back