Is it realistic to for one to expect a high end diaper to not leak when "flooded"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Assuming the diaper was put on properly and completely dry before the flooding happened. When I say a high end diaper I'm using a bambino bellisimo (sp?)

I don't like to flood and in a perfect world I wouldn't do it at all. However I can't always wear a diaper whenever I want to to so sometimes I end up holding for a while before I get a chance to pee in one. Recently I followed this site's tutorial and upon discovering this step:

"Finally, stand up and make sure to run a finger round the leg gathers, untucking any of the outer material that may have gotten folded up."

I thought I'd fixed my leak issue for good. Until I leaked a few drops from a large wetting today despite thinking I'd done everything right. I don't know if my technique still needs work or if I'm asking for the impossible.

Standing? Sitting? Lying down? Standing while peeing, then sitting? ...? Absorption isn't instantaneous, no matter what diaper you have. And if, for example, you're lying on your side such that a perfect seal between the leak guards and your skin is the only thing holding back the pee--yeah, leaking seems pretty likely. On the other hand, if you've just put on the diaper and you're standing still while flooding, then a leak really shouldn't happen. Even a low quality adult diaper will have enough room in the crotch to accommodate a temporary lake. Start in on the jumping jacks, though, and you'll be banking on the rate of absorption. But for a single flood, you shouldn't have to wait long. Not with anything "premium", anyway. I don't wear Depends all that often, but I tend to flood adult diapers more often than not, and I've never leaked on the first flood, even with Depends.

...but then I haven't flooded while lying down, or immediately before doing jumping jacks. :)

Premium diapers, in my experience, can usually take one good flood without a problem, standing or lying on my back. When you get to the second flood, that's when things start getting iffy and you have to be more careful.

KimbaStarshine said:
Premium diapers, in my experience, can usually take one good flood without a problem, standing or lying on my back. When you get to the second flood, that's when things start getting iffy and you have to be more careful.

:thumbsup:

Yep, and the sign usually is if you feel wet the diaper is filled.

In my experience, a Bellisimo can take 3 or 4 floodings. But YMMV.

I'm typing this as I flood my Little Pawz. Don't feel even a little wet. Warm, but not wet. I've tried to flood and make Space/Little Pawz and Bellismo leak from one big flooding wetting. They refuse to.

if you were sitting or laying down, there's a chance the best might leak in a flood if the lower tapes weren't on correctly, but I think in most cases it'd be imposible to leak a good diaper with a single flood. Depends on how fast you can empty out though, and what your capacity is I suppose. I've slamed a premium a few times while laying on my back, and could clearly feel the liquid level drop in the crotch for a few seconds after I was mostly done, and I knew if I moved I might leak, so I didn't make any movements until I'd given the padding a chance to catch up. But we're talking like three seconds or so of a "vulnerable time", it's not much.

I have that same "don't thrash around" plan when it's like 7am and I know I'm pretty soaked but want to clear out before getting out of bed. Wet, wait a minute or two, THEN get out of bed. That first sitting up is going to press out anything low in the back that hasn't found a home yet, and wil leave a spot or two on the sheets.

I've flooded both standing and sitting. Never any leaks.

I could be wrong, but I've always understood that diapers are designed to accommodate constant dribbling, leaks, and even frequent slightly bigger voids. And - Adult diapers are usually worn to manage incontinence, which usually doesn't involve a well held, full bladder that releases all at once as if it were using a toilet.

So, my opinion on this has always been that it is indeed unrealistic to expect any adult diaper, even the premium brands and lines, to hold a flood. Obviously, people get away with this often enough, but not all bladders are created equal.

When using diapers, you should not be holding your bladder, as the diaper is allowing you not to. I understand that some wear diapers 'just in case' while commuting, at an event, etc., but the longer you hold your bladder, the more you will over power it when voiding.

The solution is actually quite simple, actively release your bladder as early and often as possible while wearing a diaper and you will run into less problems with leaking while wetting. As with every recommendation I make, change your diapers early and often too!

Cloud said:
I could be wrong, but I've always understood that diapers are designed to accommodate constant dribbling, leaks, and even frequent slightly bigger voids. And - Adult diapers are usually worn to manage incontinence, which usually doesn't involve a well held, full bladder that releases all at once as if it were using a toilet.

So, my opinion on this has always been that it is indeed unrealistic to expect any adult diaper, even the premium brands and lines, to hold a flood. Obviously, people get away with this often enough, but not all bladders are created equal.

When using diapers, you should not be holding your bladder, as the diaper is allowing you not to. I understand that some wear diapers 'just in case' while commuting, at an event, etc., but the longer you hold your bladder, the more you will over power it when voiding.

The solution is actually quite simple, actively release your bladder as early and often as possible while wearing a diaper and you will run into less problems with leaking while wetting. As with every recommendation I make, change your diapers early and often too!

Admittedly, I like to flood. Other people will probably disagree, but to me, flooding is the most babyish way to wet a diaper. Babies don't stop and think ''Gee, better let my pee out a little at a time so my diaper doesn't leak!'' They just go, and that's my preferred way to wet.

And that's the crappy thing about adult diapers, particularly cheaper ones, they're not really meant for that.

KimbaStarshine said:
Admittedly, I like to flood. Other people will probably disagree, but to me, flooding is the most babyish way to wet a diaper. Babies don't stop and think ''Gee, better let my pee out a little at a time so my diaper doesn't leak!'' They just go, and that's my preferred way to wet.

And that's the crappy thing about adult diapers, particularly cheaper ones, they're not really meant for that.

No-one is saying that babies deliberately pee a little at a time, but nonetheless, they tend to void smaller percentages of their bladder capacity at more frequent intervals than adults, since they haven't been conditioned to hold it in until there's a toilet available, and are thus more sensitive to urgency. It would not at all surprise me if many adults become so desensitised to low levels of urgency that, in practise, they don't actually feel any need to urinate until their bladders are nearly full - which is obviously a recipe for flooding.

All diapers tend to handle flooding best when standing. Leaks can be caused by many different factors. From the fit being too loose or too tight.

The crotch could form in to a \/\/ or \/\/\/ shape and liquid could be heading in one channel and not have enough time to soak up and distribute your flooding and the pressure of your weight makes it worse. You can roll up the diaper lengthwise and fold it on the middle to try to prevent your diaper from forming in to those shapes. You could add booster pads to help prevent it from happening.

You could be wearing the wrong size. Your crotch could be too long and create gaps or fold up on itself around the legs while sitting or laying down.

You can also lighten up the flow a little bit. I know flooding is fun, but the difference between us and toddlers is bladder capacity. Toddlers may release 5 ounces of liquid. We, especially the ones that wear very recreationally tend to have large capacities. I know as a truck driver, I filled up 32 ounce (1000ml)bottles.

Cloud said:

There are many different kinds of IC. My neighbor got stress IC while on vacation to europe, where she was forced to take long flghts of stairs to her apartment because the building didn't have an elevator. Full bladder + trudging up stairs = sudden floods. Another type that can result in flooding is where you have no sense of your bladder's current level, but your bladder sure knows. So if if neglect to void regularly, and unexpectedly fill up, it will all of a sudden bust open the gates, and you may not be able to stop it. Several here have posted regarding muscle spasoms in the bladder. When one of those hits, however much was in your bladder is now in your diaper, lightnig fast. That can be after days, weeks, or months of no IC issues at all. ("most days dry, but never safe to go without") Those are just a few examples. So some medical diapers are certainly designed to deal with floods.

bambinod said:
There are many different kinds of IC. My neighbor got stress IC while on vacation to europe, where she was forced to take long flghts of stairs to her apartment because the building didn't have an elevator. Full bladder + trudging up stairs = sudden floods. Another type that can result in flooding is where you have no sense of your bladder's current level, but your bladder sure knows. So if if neglect to void regularly, and unexpectedly fill up, it will all of a sudden bust open the gates, and you may not be able to stop it. Several here have posted regarding muscle spasoms in the bladder. When one of those hits, however much was in your bladder is now in your diaper, lightnig fast. That can be after days, weeks, or months of no IC issues at all. ("most days dry, but never safe to go without") Those are just a few examples. So some medical diapers are certainly designed to deal with floods.

Bambinod, thanks for this! - I guess I made my somewhat false assumptions based on the research I've done while trying understand my own personal symptoms. But this makes a lot of sense to me now; I can see how some people that have unknowingly very full bladders empty suddenly would rely and expect adult diapers to accommodate their needs.

But I will say, for those who are indeed aware of their full bladders, I still advise that they empty sooner than later. Only if they are worried, or are in a bad situation for leaks of course. :smile1:

- - - Updated - - -

KimbaStarshine said:

I like flooding too! And you should enjoy your flooding.

My advice was only for those who may be worried about using diapers practically and fearing them failing in public. But overall, flooding is quite a nice feeling.

Also, what's more babyish than a leak? :giggles:

Do it if you like it obviously but flooding is probe to disaster IMO.... So sorry no if you flood you better be ok with leakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back