DL's with S.O or married, would like your feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely the exception, and not quite your demographic, but, in my household, it's a non-issue. She participates quite actively - checks, changes, even shops for more diapers for me. I can't say I "asked" for this, in that I submitted a request and it was met, this was something that was important to me, and we worked on it. We're also a DINK household, so, we have the freedom and ability to do as we please.

All diapers are thrown in the trash, usually in the kitchen garbage. We tried the diaper pail thing, and. . . Meh. In addition to the weight of it, we were taking both trashes out almost daily, so, it just made sense to put everything in the same can. That said. . . Yes, the trashbin is pretty heavy to lug out to the curb every other week! Glad we don't live in a rural area with hand pickup! (We live in the city, the garbage men drive-by and pickup the can with forks on the truck) :lol:

I had to hunt for these, but I found black 8 gallon bags that I can tie a knot in the bag (because they are longer than they otherwise need to be). They conceal the contents perfectly. I'll put them in the kitchen garbage if that will leave room for more stuff or just put them in the big can outside. I also take these with me on trips so that the hotel staff can't see what's in them.

http://amzn.com/B000RFRDO4

My wife has never asked me to change but I've had the stray comment over the years about pee smell. I don't think that happens anymore with the added layers I use, such as PUL pants. Sadly, she is "not a participating location."

Currently my wife has had me put a larger trash can with a lid in our bathroom and I throw all my dirty diapers in this trash can. The trash can liner has febreeze as part of the bag. My trash can is fairly large so I usually chane or take it out about 2 times a week or about 10 dirty diapers fit per bag.

Just separated from my SO (geographic reasons) but when we were together, she didn't mind if I wore on my own time, but didn't really want to see/hear about it. I could occasionally wear to bed though :) I would always wrap it up in a grocery bag, and if the trash was more than half full, I would take it out. If a diaper had been in there for more than a day I would take it out. I did my best to be considerate of her wants and she accepted my needs :)

BambinoPants said:
Hi,
I don't post stuff too often on here at all but once in a while. Ok, for those who are married or have a significant other, how does your other 1/2 expect you to throw your diapers out?
Can you just put them in the kitchen garbage or your bathroom garbage? It's a hassle to run to the garbage 3-4 times a day.
I just got yelled at because I was throwing my diapers away in the kitchen garbage that has a door on it. I usually throw them in the bathroom, obviously because I change in my room. However, when it gets full or the odor gets too much then I take them either out to the trash or I throw them in the kitchen garbage which is getting full and I'm getting ready to take it out anyhow. I will then spray the cans with scented Lysol to give a fresh scent and get rid of any odor.
What do you do or your partners expect of you. Thank you for all who takes the time to read and reply.

Thx! BP
Mine just go in the regular rubbish bin in a small scented bag which my wife buys on a roll. My wife sees me in nappies all the time and has no problem with me disposing of them. Sometimes if they are not too wet we burn them in our wood burner.

Funny you would mention burning, I for a few years would remove the sap and just throw away the plastic shell .. the sap went right into the compost pile. for my flower beds

Just put them in black plastic bag,tie and throw in general waste garbage bin.

WBxx said:
Nope, I don’t change in the morning for my wife. No reason to, it doesn’t bother her. Actually, when in the right mood she kind of enjoys the whole thing.

Thank you for the response. As I finally have time to check adisc I noticed very few are responding about my question on what they're wives or S.O expect them to do with diapers after they're worn. Most are just saying what they do. I'm trying to determine if my wife's response is unreasonable. It's a hassle to bag up and throw them out 3-4 times a day. However, my friend on here Foxkits came up with a great idea of getting something like a diaper champ. I guess it's like a diaper genie but for adults. I'll be looking into it tonight finally. Surprisingly, my wife was very open and supportive to that. So I can't complain and I'm happy. Thx WBxx for your response and everyone else on here!

Why not ask what she wants? It's only fair. You should welcome the compromise. If she wants it in the outside trash, then put it there. You should respect that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If I wake up a lot earlier than the hubby is going to get up and I'm wet, I'll go ahead and change when I start my day.

He likes to check whether I'm wet or not in the morning and will sometimes change me depending on his mood. More often than not I have to do it myself since he doesn't have much time in the morning between when he gets up and has to go to work.

- - - Updated - - -

The trash is picked up daily where I live so the diapers just go in kitchen trash. Either myself or my husband will take it out when we leave the house for the first time that day.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Why not ask what she wants? It's only fair. You should welcome the compromise. If she wants it in the outside trash, then put it there. You should respect that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Completely agree. This is a reasonable compromise that should be welcomed as a sign of relationship health.

I usually throw them out in the bathroom. Or our bedroom has a small garbage can. Occasionally the kitchen but mostly the bathroom. Never been yelled at for putting them anywhere. Except the floor i guess lol

ST50 said:
Mine just go in the regular rubbish bin in a small scented bag which my wife buys on a roll. My wife sees me in nappies all the time and has no problem with me disposing of them. Sometimes if they are not too wet we burn them in our wood burner.
All winter long all my disposable diapers go in the wood stove, wet or messy. I don't have any close neighbors to piss off plus you can't really smell the diapers over the wood smoke.

Cutlass88 said:
I usually throw them out in the bathroom. Or our bedroom has a small garbage can. Occasionally the kitchen but mostly the bathroom. Never been yelled at for putting them anywhere. Except the floor i guess lol

Your lucky you haven't been yelled at. I was doing the same and the garbage can in the bathroom is small, but at least there is a fix to the solution for me now.

We don't have a rule. Most day weight disposables go in the diaper genie, others just in kitchen trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife does not like the idea of a diaper in the house for too long. Our bathroom garbage can is small and we use plastic grocery bags to line it. Since I do not wear that often, when I do dispose of the used diaper, I just place in the bathroom garbage and tie it up when I leave the room. This ensures no bad odor and she does not have to deal with it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back