Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DL's with S.O or married, would like your feed back.

Default DL's with S.O or married, would like your feed back.

Hi,
    I don't post stuff too often on here at all but once in a while. Ok, for those who are married or have a significant other, how does your other 1/2 expect you to throw your diapers out?
    Can you just put them in the kitchen garbage or your bathroom garbage? It's a hassle to run to the garbage 3-4 times a day.
    I just got yelled at because I was throwing my diapers away in the kitchen garbage that has a door on it. I usually throw them in the bathroom, obviously because I change in my room. However, when it gets full or the odor gets too much then I take them either out to the trash or I throw them in the kitchen garbage which is getting full and I'm getting ready to take it out anyhow. I will then spray the cans with scented Lysol to give a fresh scent and get rid of any odor.
    What do you do or your partners expect of you. Thank you for all who takes the time to read and reply.

Thx! BP

I keep a quazi diaper pail in the basement. It actually is a covered kitchen garbage container and I put a Fabreeze garbage liner in it. My wet Goodnites go in there. The lid seals the garbage bag and there isn't any smell escaping from it. I pull the drawstring and bag them up on garbage day. Being in the basement they're out of the way as well.

I put my wet nappy into a plastic shopping bag, tie it up so that it want leave a smell and then into the trash making sure that no one else will see it when they open the lid.

I just throw them away in the trash. Wifey don't really care. No kids BTW, it would be different then

I have a good garbage can with a lid on the garage, when I change I put my used diaper in a plastic shopping bag, tie it shut then throw it in the garage garbage can, I empty that one once a week when the garbage truck comes.
    I wash that garbage can once I month with Lysol to keep it clean, it's actually the cleanest garbage can I have lol

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I put my wet nappy into a plastic shopping bag, tie it up so that it want leave a smell and then into the trash making sure that no one else will see it when they open the lid.
    This is exactly what I do, wife gives me all the grocery bags and i keep them down in the basement, wet diaper goes in them rolled up tight and then the bag is twisted tight and tied, I add them to whatever trash bag is in the trash can thats goes out every saturday morning , no issues she knows but never sees.

I buy cheap qty boxes of galon ziplocs, and use those for any wet diapers, to keep the trash can from getting ripe before I have a chance to take out the trash. Which I usually do 2+ times a week. Most of my trash is wet diapers And yes, those bags (and the can outside) can get surprisingly heavy. A heavily wet overnight diaper can be around 2.5 lbs, and you get 7 of those and add in a handful of less used daytime diapers and that's a good 20-25 lbs of added trash weight a week.

Same as others. Wet diapers in shopping bags and then into kitchen trash when being emptied.

Mine is the other side of the coin.

I do not use them around her, and when I do the cloth diaper goes directly into the wash machine and the load is done within a day, or a basic rinse cycle to hold them for a little while.