Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!! :)

Smile Snow!!! :)

Finally!!! The snow drought around here is over! And it's not one of those sloppy snow-to-sleet-to-freezing rain type of storms. This one is the real deal hitting almost the entire US east coast. We've already got 6" to 8" on the ground with heavier snow coming overnight. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy and cold with lots of blowing and drifting snow with wind chills in the single digits. YES!!! Now this is more like it! I feel the little kid coming out in me already. Have to play in it a little tomorrow while shoveling out the driveway. Took until March to finally happen, but Winter weather is finally here. Have to enjoy the couple days we'll have it because the long range forcast puts the temps back up in the Spring-like mid-60s by Saturday.

~Pramrider

You already have that much snow? Jesus Christ. We aren't going to be getting that much snow, but it sounds like the most we've gotten all year.

I live in michigan and where I live we have gotten a total of 87" this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    You already have that much snow? Jesus Christ. We aren't going to be getting that much snow, but it sounds like the most we've gotten all year.
    This storm is taking a more eastern track. West of DC won't be getting more than about 4" according to the weather reports, but the further east you are the more you'll get dumped on. The eastern shore of MD will probably get even more than us down here in extreme southern MD.

~Pramrider

Well I'm about 30min southwest of DC, so what do the experts say about that ;D

Up here I'm supposed to be getting 6-12 possibly more. I don't know, I checked three different sources and got three different answers. You know how meteorologists are...

So far it's still raining in Hampton Roads, but we are getting a hell of a lot of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    I live in michigan and where I live we have gotten a total of 87" this winter.
    I'm jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well I'm about 30min southwest of DC, so what do the experts say about that ;D
    You're probably in the ~4" range or a little less. The heaviest snow is supposed to be between 11pm and dawn. Morning DC rush hour is going to be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    Up here I'm supposed to be getting 6-12 possibly more. I don't know, I checked three different sources and got three different answers. You know how meteorologists are...
    Yeah, being in RI you should be getting a good dumping of snow out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    So far it's still raining in Hampton Roads, but we are getting a hell of a lot of wind.
    That's the funniest thing about these Winter coastal storms. If you're just west of the snow/rain line you get the heaviest snow. You're really not located that far from me, so we must not be very far from that changeover line.

~Pramrider

It's 27F here (Binghamton area) and AccuWeather says we're going to get some snow around 8AM. Been wanting a snowmobile for the longest.