Shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llayden said:
Sorry if this is overly crude, but how do you accomplish shaving your bottom (technique/equipment)? Isn't the stubble unbearable back and in there? How often do you have to do this? What's the easiest/most comfortable way to do it the first time? I have considered doing this myself as it would make cleanups back there much easier when I'm away from home and only have wipes, but the thought of the stubble makes me apprehensive.

See my post above. Never had a problem with stubble or itching. Rarely had a problem with mild razor burn.

Llayden said:
Sorry if this is overly crude, but how do you accomplish shaving your bottom (technique/equipment)? Isn't the stubble unbearable back and in there? How often do you have to do this? What's the easiest/most comfortable way to do it the first time? I have considered doing this myself as it would make cleanups back there much easier when I'm away from home and only have wipes, but the thought of the stubble makes me apprehensive.

Having heard both positive and negative responses on this here and in other threads, I think it may be based in how much hair is getting shaved. I don't have a lot going on back there just due to good genetic lottery, so shaving it produces no reaction whatsoever. I catch up with it twice a week, which is probably more than is needed. If you're hair follically well-endowed, there may not be any nice way to achieve the same thing.

I use the hair removal product Nair. I don't know if it is available outside the US. It works quite well.

I used Nair works great. Bikini Zone works good too.

BabyToddler said:
I used Nair works great. Bikini Zone works good too.

Doesn't that stuff say NOT to use it on or near genitalia??

Llayden said:
Doesn't that stuff say NOT to use it on or near genitalia??

Yeah it does. But it doesn't sting like Veet. But I do use caution when I use it. Also never rub product on the skin. Just dap the product on the skin. I don't know what Veet did, but it stings a lot more than it did years ago. I did tried Veet for men but it stings more now. Veet change something in their product that makes it sting more on my skin. So I use these instead.

I had this discussion with my primary care physician during an office visit just yesterday. I started wearing diapers 24/7 this past September and she is aware of my diaper and plastic pants needs. I'm concerned about sweating and possible rashes during the upcoming Summer months and the best way to avoid any rashes. I asked about oil, lotions, baby powder, and shaving the area. Her advice is to keep the area clean, dry off thoroughly, and use the powder being careful not to inhale, and change when needed. She said the oils and lotions were not necessary this time of year. She said to shave "only if it rocked my boat," but it shouldn't be a problem if I don't shave.

I am clean shaven down there. I find it controls the wet smell much better and it makes the whole process much easier when changing.

The thing to remember is rash cream and powder if done to the excess clogs the pores on the diaper and it loses some of its absorptive capacity, in the colder months if rash is a problem I use a simethiecone & dimethicone product that you apply to skin let dry and then put on your diaper it solves both the rash issue and does not affect the diaper, it also is usefull when you use cloth diapers and plastic pants because it will not eat the plasticizers in your pants and cause them to become brittle and Crack leading to premature failure and costing you money,my pants are 50 bucks a pair , so killing them with Desitin is not something I'm interested in doing, and so far so good I have gotten 9 years out of them, I ordered both slip on and snap on,snap on is much easier for on the go changes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I shave pretty much everywhere on my body except my head and sometimes armpits, I don't like body hair, but I also notice that being clean shaven helps down there, less odor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back