Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to earn rep???

Default How to earn rep???

I don't get it, there are tons of people with rep, and my rep is 0. What do I have to do to get some rep around here? :P

Error404

Make good and helpful posts. When people deem such help/information of a rep worthy stature, they'll give you rep.

To give positive rep, look at the bottom left of each post, there's a set of scales. You use them to give or take reputation!

Best of luck.

E404~

Make amazing posts. There's more than one approach to that, they can be helpful, thoughtful, funny, etc. Read the rules if you haven't already for some cues as to what should be getting good rep. It's not a perfect system by any means, but if you stick with it, you'll likely get some positive attention.

Also will go easier if you put topics in their proper place

http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcem...697-rules.html

Don't ask for it. Just make good posts, and you're bound to get some sooner or later. Being a female helps

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Being a female helps
    Aww, shoot. I still want one of your cakes, though!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    Aww, shoot. I still want one of your cakes, though!
    When it's your birthday

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Make good and helpful posts. When people deem such help/information of a rep worthy stature, they'll give you rep.

To give positive rep, look at the bottom left of each post, there's a set of scales. You use them to give or take reputation!

Best of luck.

E404~
    I actually think this might be part of the reason we had such a horrible experience with neg rep.

The description when a person asks is, "You can give or take rep with this thing."

No.

You can give rep if you feel it's worthy of positive rep.

If you feel it's a problem you can either report the post to a moderator, or you can send neutral rep to explain why you think it was a negative post.

Neg rep should only be a last resort. An entirely extreme last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    I don't get it, there are tons of people with rep, and my rep is 0. What do I have to do to get some rep around here? :P
    I don't think people give out rep to people they don't know/don't like. in other words, I think you got a lot of bias against you, not to mention nearly anyone else would as well. If i saw a really good post from you i personally wouldn't even bother giving you positive karma. Main reason why is I don't care about the crap anymore. (I think its a very flawed system but now, mainly just a useless one that started out good but ended up dying from its own success.)

Also "You can give rep if you feel it's worthy of positive rep." isn't 100% true. If Moo doesn't think it's deserved in either negative or positive rep then he'll revoke it. Tough I never heard of him taking away positive reps.

Um... post maybe.

I did not get my first rep till I had like 110 posts.

I don't think that the purpose of writing posts should be to gain reps. Posts should be helpful, courteous, informative, funny. If, by chance, you do get a rep from someone, that's cool. It's like getting an unexpected bonus. As we say here in New Orleans...it's lagniappe!