For those of you with boy/girlfriends, spouses, or significant others that know

Status
Not open for further replies.

dressesRbestest

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What does their acceptance of your ab/dl tendencies look like? It seems like it ranges from "just don't wear them around me" to a caregiver role.

dressesRbestest said:
What does their acceptance of your ab/dl tendencies look like? It seems like it ranges from "just don't wear them around me" to a caregiver role.

Personally my husband just doesn't care. Nothing seems to have changed in our relationship. It took him a couple days to get used to it, so there were a couple stares here and there, but it's been 5 days now and it's just normal. I haven't fully explained what a little is to him yet and I wish he would take a small caregiving role, but if he doesn't it wouldn't really bother me.

My wife has been very supportive. She has bought me onsies, footed jammies, sippy cups and plushies. She'll also call me her little baby, etc. I'm also her care giver in that she's a diabetic amputee. She does home kidney dialysis and I'm her dialysis partner which means that I get her on the machine, doing most of the set up work and the maintenance on the machine.

Most marriages are, or should be about give and take. We all have flaws, and people who love one another, can look beyond those flaws and learn to accept them and work with them. For a spouse who can't, they're missing something very important in their relationship: love that knows no end.

My wife has no problem with me being in nappies and doesn't see it as a big deal.

My fiancé has been very supportive. I told him about 5-6 months ago and it hasn't been a problem. I don't wear constantly, but generally about once a week. He actually views my wearing diapers as an indication of how good of a mood I am in. Diapers generally mean good mood!

My wife is ok with it, she wasn't able to understand it quite well until I really took the time to organize my thoughts, sat her down and explained her deeper/ more details staring with the story of my childhood. Then I've been playing my cards so she doesn't feel overwhelmed about abdl and diapers, specially diapers. But is going well so far.
Learn to control your impulsions, respect and listen to your partner. Take it easy as well.

Good luck

I told my girlfriend (now fiancé) five years ago. We had been together for two years at the time and she basically forced it out of me. She did not take well to it at first, and to this day she still struggles to fully understand it all. At the same time, she has participated a handful of times, and let's me wear a diaper as long as I don't abuse the privilege. When not with her, she is completely okay with me expressing myself. We've had our highs and lows, but I continue to slowly introduce new elements and explain them the best I can.

My girlfriend found out by herself about 3 years ago , she was weirded out by it at first but she accepted me as I was. It took time but we went from "you may wear under your pants with me" to "I'll change your wet diaper". We talked about it quite a lot actually for my sake and the sake of our relationship.

Now, she goes as far as babying me and all.

If you have more specific question, we might be able to elaborate a bit more.

My boyfriend is a babyfur so I got lucky. :)

My boyfriend accepts that it's a thing with me. But he had to take care of his mother late in her life, so for him it's not as big of a turn on as some of the aspects of my DL related fantasies.

I have not had any past like this, but has anyone ever been involved with someone who took it so poorly they had to split? I feel like that would be more typical.

Four years ago, my wife stumbled upon some of my cloth diapers and I was forced to come clean. We'd been married for twelve years at that point. It was terrifically embarrassing for me, but it went well enough. She doesn't really get it, though, and hasn't shown any interest in participating--which, quite honestly, suits me just fine, as I've been doing it by myself since I was a little kid. We've had a very close relationship otherwise, and I've detected no change in that. We may approach the diaper thing again when I'm older and can't control my farts anymore. Or, for that matter, when I lose continence and need diapers for something other than sexual gratification.

SurfinBeachBum said:
I have not had any past like this, but has anyone ever been involved with someone who took it so poorly they had to split? I feel like that would be more typical.

It's complicated. I haven't really kept count of these things since joining, but there are quite a few others here who, like myself, came out well into their marriages. Most of these coming-outs seems to have gone well. And that makes some sense. When somebody knows a ton about you, as a long-time spouse surely would, new things are a drop in the bucket. They're less likely to redefine you in the eyes of that person than they would be in the eyes of somebody you'd just met. Now, of course there's the matter of "How could you keep a secret from me?!" But that's an easy one. Being a DL is not exactly something most of us long to reveal to muggles. It's pretty embarrassing. As I see it, if you can't sell your rationale for hiding a diaper fetish to a spouse, your relationship with your spouse is already in the toilet. In bad situations, this kind of stuff is a magnet for blame, especially heaps of blame that have been biding their time, waiting for a proper scapegoat.

And really, that goes for relationships at all stages of maturity: If things are already strained, coming out about AB/DL isn't going to help. But not all breakups are bad, either. I mean, if you're the type who needs your partner to double as a caretaker, change your diapers, etc., then you may be looking for somebody with above-average open-mindedness, and figuring out whether you've found such a person is probably best done sooner rather than later. Later, in that case, is just more pain for both parties.

Last edited:
My wife is supportive. She basically was the "taking care of me" role. About 3 months later she asked to wear a diaper. Now she enjoys that too! I guess for me, i mentioned her wearing a while ago and she said it's not for her. Okay, fair enough. I didn't push it. After a while, she got interested. Takes time for someone to try something they never had an interest in.

My gf is aware since we don't keep things from each other. Probably told her several months ago. Within the first week of her knowing there were a lot of little questions here and there, but once her curiosity was taken care of, hasn't come up since. She didn't want to participate and sounds like she didn't really care to want to see me in them, but she said she didn't want me to give them up since they are a part of me.

Told my wife years ago when we were still only dating. She didn't think it was weird at all even though I think it's embarrassing. Anyway she completely supports me to this day and even changes me.

My wife reacted just as the OP wrote, wear them but leave me out of the whole thing. So I dont wear in front of her with diaper exposed.

Last edited:
I told my wife last October after almost 12 years of marriage. She was freaked out and threatened to take the kids and leave. I promised to stop wearing because I couldn't bare the thought of my family leaving me. She had very recently come around and has allowed me to wear in my own private time. Never around her. I was actually surprised by this so maybe she will one day be okay with me wearing under my clothes around her too.

I told my girlfriend about my entire little side before we were in a relationship. She was my best friend at the time and she could definitely sense that I was hiding something. I was a very secretive person, for good reasons I think. I ended up telling her because I felt that it would benefit our relationship. I never feel the need to tell anyone, unless there is some sort of benefit on both sides. Her first response was "That's it?". She always made me feel very normal and always assured me that I wasn't weird. We ended up dating (not because I told her, but because we're compatible) and have been together since.Nowadays she's taken on the Mommy role. Although it has been about 4 years since I told her, she didn't become Mommy right away. I really took the time to let her discover things on her own as well as allowing her to decide if this was something she wanted to be involved with. And she happily has been. I ended up really lucky to have found someone who ended up enjoying this lifestyle with me, but it didn't happen right away. It took time and patience from both parties, and now here we are 4 years later and have a happy and healthy mommy/boy dynamic.

Have no problem since im a bedwetter

Unfortunately that's scenario happened with my last relationship. I told her about it 6 months in and she said she was cool with it. A year and a half later after I have bought the ring she told me she couldn't deal with it. Said it was too disgusting and weird and that because it would never go away she couldn't stand committing to me. I'm sure this doesn't happen to everyone but beware and make sure you tell them early and they understand it won't change or else you run the risk of getting badly hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back