Not open for further replies.

UnactiveBladder

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I just saw these in Walmart. They have "new design" written all over the bag. So I guess these are replacements for the old protection with tabs. I have far too many diapers to justify buying another bag at the moment. I've looked everywhere but I can't find anyone with news on how they are or even that they have come out. Looks like our favorite store brand is no longer plastic backed? Anyone have any info or can recommend?

UPDATE http://imgur.com/a/bav08

It has been confirmed depends has indeed gone cloth backed, here are pics to prove it.

Last edited:
Psynapse said:
No, 100% sure they were the protection with tabs but with a new design with Refastenable tabs. Should have grabbed a picture.
Well then, I am intrigued. I actually don't mind depends when I add a Tru fit booster and refastenable tabs would make them better. I'll have to see if any stores near me have them.

Going on a hunt after work I have 2 wall marts I can check

Hmm. I just bought a bag at rite aid a few days ago, same old design there.

I might go back to that store and grab them. I know I'm not crazy! I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about them

Just posted by a reviewer on the Depend website:

"This product is changing to a soft outer cover. The soft version leaks like the titanic!
This product which has been my day time diaper for years is now changing to a Soft outer cover.
I received a few of the new packagages in error - and I must say they were horrible. I mean horrible. The new cloth style leaks out the behind. they don't stay high on the back. They leak badly. And the tabs constantly rip.
The old ones were plastic backed ( new ones are not yet released ) and the old ones were fantastic. I would not recommend them for night time use if your a heavy wetter, but they are great for the days as you can make them nice and snug."

:(

Mission accomplished, sorry to ruin everyone's day with this post :(I like the new stars on the wings though!
9d9f2565f4b64ea0d12a74a1a1d53b81.jpg
dbe6ac17eacaf20b831a5227d799c6b5.jpg
73931c65d24b7b033e299100a0aefa40.jpg
827e35dc92ddf1b728d35f2e4b59aa4a.jpg

Psynapse said:
Mission accomplished, sorry to ruin everyone's day with this post :(I like the new stars on the wings though!
9d9f2565f4b64ea0d12a74a1a1d53b81.jpg
dbe6ac17eacaf20b831a5227d799c6b5.jpg
73931c65d24b7b033e299100a0aefa40.jpg
827e35dc92ddf1b728d35f2e4b59aa4a.jpg

Looks like Depend will be dead to me now.

Psynapse said:
Here is a better link to an album, also put two more pics in. http://imgur.com/a/bav08

Thank you for the photos. Interestingly, that star-pattern backsheet has been in use by KC on some product or another since the first cloth-backed Huggies Supreme of the mid '90s.

ultrapampers said:
Thank you for the photos. Interestingly, that star-pattern backsheet has been in use by KC on some product or another since the first cloth-backed Huggies Supreme of the mid '90s.

you're welcome, I think it's funny we are communicating on two different social networks right now lol

So it looks like the waistband was removed, 1 tape per side was removed, and now they are cloth backed. Yay for "improvement".....

Technologic said:
Yay for "improvement".....

Yep. I can already tell these are complete garbage.

The only reason to buy those in the first place were that they were a cheap plastic diaper that filled the void when you ran out of premiums and were waiting for them to come in. You can always "depend to produce a a bad product. It irks me that actually incontinent people buy these with no knowledge of better products.

I may be the odd ball but I'm actually eager to try them out. Sometimes I really enjoy the premiums, but other times I just want a cheap throw on that can be used once or twice. The plastic back did fit the bill for that, but they normally were to hot and caused to much sweat

Being smaller sized the depends actually fit well vs the other cheap-o-cloth backed that go up to 44".

Clearly Depends has seen my video complaining about them not being good tapes due to no landing strip. I demand compensation for them stealing my input with no tipping of the hat! (LOL)

I've bought them, they're really bad, and worse than the old design. They lasted me because I had a lot of diaper doublers.

Well, it was inevitable I suppose. On the bright side, maybe this new product will be terrible enough that people will quit buying it and opt for premium brands instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back