Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is "Moderated(modset)"?

Default What is "Moderated(modset)"?

I noticed that Candyman had that in his name recently, but I don't remember it always being like that. What does that mean? I went to send him a PM to ask what it meant/what it was for, but I'm either stupid or it's not possible... What happened? Is it like a revoking of some rights or something, and if so what sort of a thing does one have to do to have that happen (And candyman, if you wanna give for example the reason why yours is like that, that'd be appreciated., no offense I'm just not sure exactly what it is for.

Moderated(modset) means that an admin set moderated status on you. All of your posts have to be approved by an admin before they post. There may be other restrictions as well, though I'm not sure on all of them.

"Moderated" means that every post you make has to be checked by a moderator, and you can't send PMs. I think there are also other abilities that are limited. The "modset" means it was set by a moderator, for breaking The Rules.

There's also "Moderated (Rep)", which happens because of low rep. Less than -5, IIRC.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Cullen View Post
    This usually happens after a certain amout of neg rep
    Incorrect. If you get moderated because you have too much neg rep, your status would be "moderated (rep)".

Quote Originally Posted by baseball4life View Post
    Moderated(modset) means that an admin set moderated status on you. All of your posts have to be approved by an admin before they post. There may be other restrictions as well, though I'm not sure on all of them.
    Some of the restrictions include the inability to exchange PMs and the inability to receive reputation.

Peachy

Ah, I see now. Thanls to all that replied!

I can't believe I missed this. Well, anyway, I was what some call "spamming" before my one week ban. Martin suggested that I be moderated once I got back and I've been this wonderful orange color ever since.

You also can't:

See other people's blogs (without logging out)
    See your own pictures in the member's gallery or do anything to them
    Unsubscribe from threads that are weeks old and you want to get rid of
    See others' profiles, or your own
    Contact mods or admins via PM
    Contribute your opinion before ten other people reply before your post gets approved a day later, so people skip over it
    Have any credibility

Ouch... that sucks, Blanch. I'd hate to be moderated.

kitty0230

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    You also can't:

See other people's blogs (without logging out)
    See your own pictures in the member's gallery or do anything to them
    Unsubscribe from threads that are weeks old and you want to get rid of
    See others' profiles, or your own
    Contact mods or admins via PM
    Contribute your opinion before ten other people reply before your post gets approved a day later, so people skip over it
    Have any credibility

Man, that must suck. I guess it would be a good idea not to make a huge amount of humorous but meaningless and wasteful posts, by moderating yourself, and limiting the dumb posts to one or two a week!