Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help. Need Collar Expert.

Default Help. Need Collar Expert.

my fiancee wants me to buy her a collar, but i don't know where to begin. do any of you know where i can get her a comfortable collar with a bell on it?

Well, a local pet store is probably your best place to start. Failing that, I'd say the internet is your best resource. I don't know of any site to buy from off the top of my head, but a Google search could probably solve that for you.

Check out Custom Collars by CollarFactory.com.

I remember seeing it for the first time when it was linked from an adisc thread about collars. In their forum there's an enormous gallery of the collars they produce, the quality seems pretty good from the pics, and they allow you to configure your own collar in every single detail.

Oh, btw, I'm no collar expert at all, although I admit I spent a good half an hour browsing through their galleries...

I usually just get mine from petco, they got some cute collars with bells there ^^

I usually buy the collar I want that has a D ring, and then attach a clip on bell. Makes it simpler to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Check out Custom Collars by CollarFactory.com.

I remember seeing it for the first time when it was linked from an adisc thread about collars. In their forum there's an enormous gallery of the collars they produce, the quality seems pretty good from the pics, and they allow you to configure your own collar in every single detail.

Oh, btw, I'm no collar expert at all, although I admit I spent a good half an hour browsing through their galleries...
    I gotta second this. I bought mine from them, and I have to say I am very pleased with it.

Yeah, I'd just say the local pet store. They have some nice ones. ^-^ Usually they're a max of 14 inches, but you have to allow for about an inch of breathing room. I don't think they make cat collars bigger than that unless you buy online.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Yeah, I'd just say the local pet store. They have some nice ones. ^-^ Usually they're a max of 14 inches, but you have to allow for about an inch of breathing room. I don't think they make cat collars bigger than that unless you buy online.
    Do girls really have necks that much smaller than guys? I know we have larger necks than women do, but I would have said that most adult women had necks larger than 13 in. I had a 15 in neck when I was 14 or 15 (and 16.5 now in the US, although UK sizing is strange and I'm only a 15.5). Then again, I think my ex wore a cat collar sometimes (I know she wore a collar, but it might have been for a small dog).

Quote Originally Posted by diapermingus View Post
    Do girls really have necks that much smaller than guys? I know we have larger necks than women do, but I would have said that most adult women had necks larger than 13 in. I had a 15 in neck when I was 14 or 15 (and 16.5 now in the US, although UK sizing is strange and I'm only a 15.5). Then again, I think my ex wore a cat collar sometimes (I know she wore a collar, but it might have been for a small dog).
    Well, I'm really tiny for a guy. My neck's 13 inches, so I wear one with a good inch of extra room. The small dog thing might work, but I've never seen a bell on one for a dog. You could always buy a small dog and a cat collar, and take the bell off and put it on the one you mean to wear.

Mako

I modified a large dog collar, added an extra notch, shortened the length, and used a small necklace chain to hang my bell from it.
    But the collar factory also has great collars, my mate has one from there thats really cool.