Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTyler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
This past weekend, I had a bit of free time to visit several thrift stores in my general area, and within approximately a 20 mile radius as well. I visited approximately 3 Goodwills, 2 salvation army's, and 1 local thrift store. I must say, with the amount that I got from this weekend, I'm happily surprised that I spent less than $30 altogether, not including gas. This all made for a very happy little boy. :)

- Tyler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 409
nice haul!

I saw Tranquility and Depends and attends. I bought Tranquility and Select

We have a bunch of those stores in in my town and the next town over. I always see a ton of (cheap) diapers sold for cheap. If only I had more room to store them...

I found and bought 5 bags of Bambinos on Craigslist for $70.

Man, the thrift stores in Chicago never seem to have anything good. I visited four yesterday, and only saw Prevail underwear at them all. Those are horrible.

DLBecki said:
I found and bought 5 bags of Bambinos on Craigslist for $70.

sounds like someone ordered a case and found they didn't fit?

but hey, you found a local DL ;)

thickdiapers said:
Man, the thrift stores in Chicago never seem to have anything good. I visited four yesterday, and only saw Prevail underwear at them all. Those are horrible.

I'm actually from around the Chicago general area, well, I'm right on the Wisconsin/Illinois border. I've found that the thrift stores in and around Grayslake, in the Lake County area, as well as near Buffalo Grove, often times have a decent selection. It all depends, pun partially intended, on when you go in though. Whenever I decide to go thrift store hunting for diapers, I use the goodwill mobile app to locate the nearest stores and essentially do one big circle visiting them. I occasionally visit a few Salvation Army's, however, I have a few that I have mentally blacklisted because of their obscene prices, for example, one in particular usually has a fairly large quantity of attends breathable briefs in packs of 24, for $14.99. I'd be better off just buying them on Amazon.

That all being said, generally you won't find high quality brands at thrift stores, on rare occasions you might, but not very often. I usually just double up 2 attends breathable briefs with 1-2 stuffers, and that suits me just fine.

As a side note, have you seen any high quality brands available at any of the regular retail stores in the Chicago area? I ask because I've always wondered if the stores in metropolitan areas have a better selection to choose from. Some brands I'm looking for would be molicare, tena, and abena briefs. If you know of any store, even some medical supply stores that have them on hand, please let me know. I prefer being able to purchase them in person, so that I can control when the arrive at my home so no one else that lives here intercepts it to see what it is.

- Tyler

That one vintage bag of Attends is the gem of this haul. Nicely done!

I just got 8 cases of L/XL Goodnites (350 total) for $70 off Craigslist, $0.20/ea. This tops all deals I've found before. I'm such a deal-a-holic I hope I don't find any more in the next few years or else I'll run out of room to store them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back