Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the dumbest thing you've microwaved?

Default What's the dumbest thing you've microwaved?

I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?

Could that be the soap in it? That's weird!

I once microwaved marshmallow cream with part of the seal still on top. It started on fire. I shouldn't be left home alone with access to the kitchen sometimes. I have a tendency to start toaster fires too. No idea why.

Nothing I microwave is particularly bright \_(ツ)_/

I've put in vegetable plastic bags and forgot to cut the little slit to let out the steam. Oh yeah, they blew up big time with a loud pop. My wife simply looked up and said, "You forgot to cut a slit again." Nothing like understating the obvious. Then came the cleanup on the inside of the microwave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    Nothing I microwave is particularly bright \_(ツ)_/
    Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!

Cardboard Chinese food container. I forgot to remove the metal handle and when it beeped signaling it was done, I was left wondering why the light was still on. Open it up and my lunch is on fire. Luckily it was small so I just blew it out, brushed off some ash, and had pork fried rice.

I was heating up soup (I'm lazy) and needed something to keep it from bubble-popping over, so I put in the pot lid after failing with a napkin strung across some skewers.

Took a week to get the burning silicon smell out of the house. Don't tell dad that's where the lid to the medium pot went.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!
    Don't ask how I know, but they are actually extremely bright at the moment just before they explode.

Thank you I will probably be here all week, and maybe then for some years until the internet goes offline when earth's poles switch!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?
    If it contains a lithium-chemistry battery pack? Most likely burst into flames. Don't do it indoors.

In my case? Chicken eggs. They exploded.

What a dull life I lead. I've always been careful about what I put in the microwave. I've melted a lot of stuff in campfires, though.