Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outsiders View On Us

Red face Outsiders View On Us

Hey all! So i have been experimenting with dating sites as of late. Plenty of fish to be exact.
    so i messaged this girls and we got talking. I asked if she wanted to play a question game where we ask each other questions to get to know one another.

It was all going good when i asked how open minded are you? She replied it depends what were talking about. It says on her profile that shes open minded and willing to try anything! we will see about that! So i said things that are kink related. She said she's into the sub and dom roles of a relationship.we kinda got into it abit and i shared what my interests were. I asked her if she's ever heard of age play. She says no. I told her its a weird thing where people act like babies and wear diapers etc. And her response was yes that's very weird

I told her its just a preferred choice of undergarment etc. The response i get was her blocking me! But whatever, some people will react differently i guess. However this was my first time ever coming out to someone and it was on the internet. I hope future experiences will be more open minded people. Any one else with similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2127 View Post
    Hey all! So i have been experimenting with dating sites as of late. Plenty of fish to be exact.
    so i messaged this girls and we got talking. I asked if she wanted to play a question game where we ask each other questions to get to know one another.

It was all going good when i asked how open minded are you? She replied it depends what were talking about. It says on her profile that shes open minded and willing to try anything! we will see about that! So i said things that are kink related. She said she's into the sub and dom roles of a relationship.we kinda got into it abit and i shared what my interests were. I asked her if she's ever heard of age play. She says no. I told her its a weird thing where people act like babies and wear diapers etc. And her response was yes that's very weird

I told her its just a preferred choice of undergarment etc. The response i get was her blocking me! But whatever, some people will react differently i guess. However this was my first time ever coming out to someone and it was on the internet. I hope future experiences will be more open minded people. Any one else with similar experiences?
    First, you called it this weird thing. I'd be more positive with your introduction to people. If you call it weird then yes ppl will think that

I would agree with Aston it's not weird for most of us its a lifestyle. It's just a shame that others see this as taboo.

The dating scene is really tough for abdl people in general, especially if you are going to non-abdl places and sites. I think most people still haven't really heard of ABDL, or if they have, it was through something like Jerry Springer or a bad news story. I would love nothing more than to have a relationship with an understanding person, abdl or not, but the diapers are a non negotiable part of me. So as a result, I am straightforward with it now on any ads I place online. I figure that this is better than taking a chance with someone who is vanilla not accepting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    First, you called it this weird thing. I'd be more positive with your introduction to people. If you call it weird then yes ppl will think that

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I would agree with Aston it's not weird for most of us its a lifestyle. It's just a shame that others see this as taboo.
    I don't think us describing it as "weird" is going to be the thing that sets someone off. They'll surely reach that conclusion on their own, since it is weird. The important part is understanding that something can be weird but not necessarily bad. Given time, some people can grow to see how it's a lot of fun. I suppose telling right off results in less wasted time but it also misses the opportunity to let someone get to know you enough to be willing to stretch a bit as a person and perhaps go outside the basic comfort zone. I'm not sure which would work best over time but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer waiting a little while first.

I was thinking the same as Trevor. Better to date and get to know someone first. Coming right out and talking about wearing diapers is going to sound creepy to almost anyone who hasn't heard about being AB/DL especially when it's not in person. But if someone gets to know you and finds that they really like you, they are likely to be far more accepting of something that would have first turned them off.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I was thinking the same as Trevor. Better to date and get to know someone first. Coming right out and talking about wearing diapers is going to sound creepy to almost anyone who hasn't heard about being AB/DL especially when it's not in person. But if someone gets to know you and finds that they really like you, they are likely to be far more accepting of something that would have first turned them off.
    The feeling is mutual, really. There are things I don't want to know about a person right away. Something that is TMI on the first meeting may be no big deal after a few weeks or months. I also think that putting it front and center puts quite an emphasis on it in terms of your overall personality. If that's accurate, by all means but don't oversell it.

Misatoismywaifu

My best friends in life I've known for ten years and I still don't have the courage to tell them. I still remember my bud bitching about the Fox News report on Bronies comparing fraudulent welfare/disability individuals who were adult babies, since then, I vowed to never come out to them

Couldn't agree more about getting to know them first.
    Luckily for me, i wasn't actually planning on ever meeting her in person
    i was just exploring as to what someone might say/react to it
    unfortunately i dont have the courage to do that in real life yet, but im getting there

Actually I agree with this. But on one hand, when I think about this from the new partners perspective it could be judged quite unfair on the ABDLs part. This is something big that is deliberately held back, effectively wasting the partners time if he can't live with someone who's got such a lifestyle. Its like we have to 'act normal' for the first few days/weeks/months and then suddenly drop a mask and show something ugly (from the partners view). I can't decide for myself if I'd find that unfair or not.