Thin diaper with a waistband

Status
Not open for further replies.

baden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know that everyone is looking for the diaper that holds the most and doesn't leak. I'm however looking for something thinner that I can wear under clothes at work. I don't wet much and don't need the thickness. I'd prefer it to be plastic and have a waistband. I've only found depends that match this, but the stuffing falls apart. Any suggestions?

You could try Attends

I just was in the hospital and they used attends on me,every half hour the nurses changed me ,washed me, changed my blankets,sheets bed pad, linens ,i really dont recomend them they are the diaper equivalent of the Titanic its sinking no actualy it sank already, although they have no waistband, they are plastic ,comfortable, and reliable as well as thin, i reccomend Tranquility ATNS

I don't think you have much choices to go with, as most of these that are listed fall apart pretty easily. Also is the fact that Kimberly Clark had patented the waistband technology, so you are pretty limited on your options that include waistband.

Northshore sells a diaper that's considered light and is premium quality. You can try samples before you make big commitments to something.

XP Medical also provides samples of products to try as well.

For a thinner diaper that you can trust, try the Tranquility ATN. No waistband, but overall better than most, as the thin plastic options are narrowing. I now wear it daily for work.

baden said:
I know that everyone is looking for the diaper that holds the most and doesn't leak. I'm however looking for something thinner that I can wear under clothes at work. I don't wet much and don't need the thickness. I'd prefer it to be plastic and have a waistband. I've only found depends that match this, but the stuffing falls apart. Any suggestions?

I'm in exactly the same boat. I wore Totaldry Plus for quite awhile - it's durable, good leak guards, capacity is good for being thin, but no front/rear elastic.

Snuggies Waddlers (regulars, not overnights) are PERFECT. But I think they stopped making them when they rebranded to Tykables. Only their overnights are available now, and they're twice as thick. Too bad. I'm looking for a replacement too. I'm down to the last few bags I bought when they were closing them out. (should've bought more!) Thicker diapers will just get me sweaty and be too thick in the crotch. Will get worse as we get into summer... :(

Let us/me know if you find something.

patrick1776 said:
Seni Super are very thin, yet hold a reasonable amount, they are also very comfortable and do have a waistband

ooh, that may be worth considering, and they're priced well for daily wear too. will have to grab a bag and try. I haven't seen those from our usual DL vendors.

patrick1776 said:
Seni Super are very thin, yet hold a reasonable amount, they are also very comfortable and do have a waistband.

http://www.amazon.com/Seni-Super-Br...t?ie=UTF8&qid=1457673006&sr=8-3&keywords=seni

Those do look like a good option, but their cloth backed, right?

Attends would be another good option, but they're too loud for daily use at work.

I've also been using the total dry plus, which are everything but the waist waist bad.

It's frustrating, because several times I've found products that I've liked and then the company changes them. Five years ago I loved the depends in the red package. They were plastic, comfortable and had a very elastic waist band. I also liked the tena basic that XP carried for a while, but then tena stopped making them.

I'd really rather stick with medical grade for cost and thickness reasons.

PadsnPullups said:
I'd recommend adding an Assurance (Walmart) brand "Guard" pad with several slits cut in it to your Depends. This combination has worked great for me when I don't need a very high capacity diaper. The guard pad will swell up a bit so I'll put it a little lower in the front but when it's full after a wetting or two you can easily just pull it out the top of your Depends, roll it up, and discard in the bathroom trash can. It only takes a few seconds but remember, if you want to do the quick discard trick don't pull the backing off of the adhesive strip when you put it in your diaper. The pads only cost about $.12 each so it's very cost effective protection.

I sometimes do this and it works great.

There's the iD Expert Slip Maxi. XP Medical have just started stocking them in the US. They're a SAP-heavy design so they start off pretty thin. They compare well to the old Tena Slip Maxis, which were probably the thinnest premium nappies you could buy.

Try Attends Active Slip. They have them in S,M, and L sizes and 8,9 and 10 thickness. They are plastic backed and with waistband. They are excellent for prolonged movement.
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back