Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: does any else here just wish this desire would go away?

Default does any else here just wish this desire would go away?

i'm in my mid-forties now ... and I would happily settle for a vanilla sexuality. All this Ab stuff is just so complicatyed sometimes ...

Mesmerale

I'm sure we all have at some point. Whether it be when something bad has happened, or when we feel it's more trouble than it's worth.

But it won't go away, so why bother worrying about it?

Butterfly Mage

I pretty much accept that this isn't going to go away. I do hope my next life will *not* have this particular feature, however.

Same here, Butterfly Mage! With having such feelings for the past 50 years, they've stood the test of time. At this point in my life I doubt they'll ever go away. There were times in my teen/pre-teen years when I wish my thinking and desires were *normal*, that is, not having a strong attraction to baby/toddler items. By late teens and as an adult I just learned to accept and enjoy the pleasure derived from engaging in my brand of infantilism. For whatever reason(s) it developed in me, I realized it was a part of my personality that wasn't going to go away.

~Pramrider

My gf has told me I'm lucky to have something that makes me feel as relaxed as diapers do. Why would I want to be rid of something that is able to alleviate stress? Actually she joined the ranks of the diapered herself just lately.

Quote Originally Posted by timmywimmy View Post
    i'm in my mid-forties now ... and I would happily settle for a vanilla sexuality. All this Ab stuff is just so complicatyed sometimes ...
    Yeah, me too. I'd like to be rid of it for good. However, it's been in the background lately for me; just not as appealing. All things ebb and flow, I suppose, but I don't feel any more 'vanilla' now that the AB/DL side of me is in low tide. I've been trying to think about why this set of desires has been absent recently--not sure I understand it.

But back to the original topic, I guess the way I see it right now is that even without this secret side of my personality, I'd still have some social miles to cover before 'normal' functioning could occur. That said, from what I've seen, the vanilla sexual lifestyle is still pretty complicated, and damn near everyone gets hurt at least once, no matter how normal.

Perhaps some of us are lucky that we've got an essentially harmless way to please and relax ourselves. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those lucky folks--for me, the AB/DL toys & activities don't do much for stress or loneliness.

I suppose it's mainly a detriment to my confidence, and an indirect barrier to intimate relationships. Looking back, I used to date a girl that probably would have been OK with it if I had the guts to tell her about it. Kink or no, I like the open-minded type. Getting rid of this side of me would be convenient, but I think it's not my first priority.

I'm not an AB myself but I can speak on the base of my DL desires, although they're probably easier to deal with and overall less invasive than *B feelings.

In my late teen years I used to wish they went away, and I tried a couple of times to stop - obviously without success - due to heavy purge phases. This was before I realized I wasn't the only person on earth with these feelings.

Now, it's a part of myself I absolutely love, and I'd never give up, because it makes myself more unique, and it makes my life more interesting, not to mention it has surely helped making myself a lot more open minded in general. I even stopped experiencing binge-purge cycles - sure, there are periods in which I'm more heavily into diapers than others, but this is mainly related to how busy I am and how much time I have for myself.

I can't deny I've felt the desire to be "normal" in the past, at least to see what it's like, but after having thought about it, why would I ever need to be something that already billions of people are, when I get the chance to be special and enjoy something that the majority of people wouldn't even understand?

Yeah, it's complicated, but simple things get to be so boring sometimes... and, then, once you've come to terms with it, it's nice to be among other people and know you're different, 'cause you have a sweet little secret they'd never imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I pretty much accept that this isn't going to go away. I do hope my next life will *not* have this particular feature, however.
    This...pretty much. It's inconvenient, but that's a contingent fact of this universe where AB/DL isn't socially acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by timmywimmy View Post
    It's only as complicated as you make it. You like diapers pacifiers and all that sort of stuff, so what move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's only as complicated as you make it. You like diapers pacifiers and all that sort of stuff, so what move on.
    That Made The Most Sense Out Of Everything. :P