xp medical diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draventhedark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone on here still wear these? I got a pack to try out and it seems the tapes don't stick very well and the plastic rips at the tapes even if they aren't tight. It's annoying cause other then that I like them but not willing to pay that much for something that isn't going to work without modding them to work. Anyone else have any issues with them?

I've been looking for a good diaper that don't cost so much. I really like the M4 diapers but always on the look out for something better or the same but cheaper. Though the last case of M4's I had had pin holes in the plastic and northshore wouldn't exchange them because I only had one pack left out of the case. Tried contacting Abena themselves and they never responded back to my email. Wished the space diaper didn't cost so much would love to try that one out!

I wear the A+ diapers everyday and don't have tape problems. Sometimes a tape might not have much adhesive but that should be
exspected. I've been wearing these since they came out and never really had many problems with them. Plus I like the way Gary
has listened and improved them over time.

Wearing a level 4 regular right now, no problems what so ever, since the plastic seems softer/ thinner i do my top tapes first then my bottoms while standing with my back against a wall

Current batch of xl level 3 are not a problem... Previous batch had an issue where the inner cloth would be ripped by the die that puts that quilted texture in it and then I had sap on my bum.... Wrote Gary and he fixed it.

I have a bag of level 4 that I have not tried yet though

Gary is awesome he runs a first class company and he actually will listen to you unlike a company based in Wisconsin who wont take any product feedback claiming you must be a employee of the company to offer such feedback must have to be a bean counter to get a opinion across sad state of affairs

You're not the only one who has problems with the tapes not sticking, or the tapes moving when you are active. The tapes are the worst amongst premium diapers. And, yes, I know how to put a diaper on (30 years of experience) and don't get anything on the tapes or plastic. And, yes, I've tried a recent batch. I'm not sure if it's the tapes themselves or the plastic, but they're awful.

another vote from me for the absorbency plus 3's and 4's. They don't have front/rear elastic or leak guards, but make up for it wiht good capacity and really fast absorption and wicking. And for that you get a big price break

bambinod said:
another vote from me for the absorbency plus 3's and 4's. They don't have front/rear elastic or leak guards, but make up for it wiht good capacity and really fast absorption and wicking. And for that you get a big price break

Me too. :iagree:

I have never tried the A+ cause having no leak guards are a deal breaker, not so much the elastic waist bands but tall leak guards are always a must imo. No matter how fast the absorption rate you need something to direct the fluid flow.

SquishyTushy said:
I have never tried the A+ cause having no leak guards are a deal breaker, not so much the elastic waist bands but tall leak guards are always a must imo. No matter how fast the absorption rate you need something to direct the fluid flow.

You'd sure think so but that hasn't been my experience with them. My biggest complaint is the tapes. Ideally, I'd prefer that extra level of peace of mind but they work pretty well without them.

Trevor said:
You'd sure think so but that hasn't been my experience with them. My biggest complaint is the tapes. Ideally, I'd prefer that extra level of peace of mind but they work pretty well without them.

Well IF a diaper is going to work well with out leak guards then you need to have them fit near perfectly around the thighs and butt which means expert application of tapes and position....

A diaper with no leak guards AND bad tapes = surely a no go for me.

SquishyTushy said:
Well IF a diaper is going to work well with out leak guards then you need to have them fit near perfectly around the thighs and butt which means expert application of tapes and position....

A diaper with no leak guards AND bad tapes = surely a no go for me.

I just use white duct tape with them most of the time, so the tapes are functionally excellent, just after-market.

SquishyTushy said:

Normally I'd agree, but these diapers pull it off. Their padding is wide, thick, absorbent, and wicks faster than anything on the market. I'f you're going to flood them you need to make sure the crotch has a "V" / "gutter" fold to it, but other than that they work great. There is absolutely no diaper on the market I can get wet all the way to the back top edge BEFORE the diaper is saturated. Whatever they did to make them absorbe and wick, they did it well.

The shell is also vey soft. The new crinklz (comficareV2) is the only thing that compares. Try a bag, get the level 4's.

I can't say I've had any real problems with the tapes on these diapers either. They're strong and sticky and they get a really good grip on the soft shell. The ones I have right now (rev1?) are single use tapes, so you better know where you're placing them because there's no (hard) tape panel. I hear the rev2's have double tapes. Sometimes with those the blue first tape doesnt' stick as well... so just ditch it, peel off the blue and go with the white first time.

Well I just recently put in for a case of Dry 24\7 ( which ironically I have been using 24\7 365 for almost two years now, when not in cloth pockets) But I might as well get a pack of A + and see how they fit. Making the crotch gutter while wearing being integral to performance isn't the worst stipulation ever but the price is a significant factor in what I purchase. I knew it was always ever going to either be a pack of A+ or Northshore supreme to try next one of these days but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also a bit of clarification with the A+ : does it have a visible wetness indicator from the outside ? because the pictures don't look like it does but rather a blue mat section inside... but it also says on the website : "Light blue wetness indicator disappears when wet".

you know how some products, even diapers, have laser-printed text using microdots? A+ have text printed along the middle of the diaper from front to back, that indicates the size etc. The print is in blue though. And it's apparently on some water-soluable ink, printed on the inside of the somewhat clear shell, so you can see them. And if it gets wet (somehow!) the crisp blue print turns into a blue smudge.

The last couple I tried the tapes held just fine. The first few the tapes wasn't so good. Could of been an error on my end but never had a problem with the abena or molicare tapes. Personally I find the abena more to my liking as they have a little more bulk in the crotch area but these last few mite change my mind on that. I do like that they have size in between the medium and large. It's taller then I'm use to but the fit is almost perfect. The first few leaked on me but with the tapes messing up it wasn't a good fit. Hoping the rest of the pack fits and feels like these last couple.

I'm with bambino on this one. I am a big fan of A+ level 4s. I've never had a tape problem. The leak guards, although a nice option, are not necessary here. As an observation that might be useful to some, having no leak guards make using boosters a lot easier.

Referring to the recurring tape problems with many users on all brands of diapers. It is important to note a very useful technique. Once you have applied the tapes, rub them. The small amount of heat generated 'sets' the adhesive and insures a long lasting seal. Since I started doing this, I rarely, if ever have tape failure. Even with diapers that are notorious for bad tapes.

bambinod said:
you know how some products, even diapers, have laser-printed text using microdots? A+ have text printed along the middle of the diaper from front to back, that indicates the size etc. The print is in blue though. And it's apparently on some water-soluable ink, printed on the inside of the somewhat clear shell, so you can see them. And if it gets wet (somehow!) the crisp blue print turns into a blue smudge.

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Can't really see that in the pics on the website.

plasticsounds said:
Once you have applied the tapes, rub them. The small amount of heat generated 'sets' the adhesive and insures a long lasting seal.

I've always done this on every diaper change no matter which one I'm putting on, I thought this was a standard practice everyone did.

Still like the A+ level 4s, would add iD Slip PE Briefs to the list of ones you should give a go. Never ran into tape issues with the XP Medical branded diapers. XP Medical started carrying them and they became a favorite diaper. There is a very super absorbent and thick version also carried, but is cloth backed. It's one of the first real diapers that forced me to almost waddle.

Are you using powder or oils before putting the diaper on.

I use A+ level 4 and the only problem looks like the tapes slipping but is really the plastic backing stretching.

I use clear plastic packing tape around my body over the diaper to stop the stretching.

I have never had a problem with them having no leak guards and i pee in them laying on my side at night the first two times a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back