Not open for further replies.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other

Hi everyone this is one I did not have an answer for.

As you know I have chosen to be little as much as possible, and therefore have given up doing some grown up things, like watching programs or films with sexual contact or violent behavior. Which is most TV programs, I also don’t drink Alcohol, or do drugs. My role is, if a child would not be allowed to do it then I won’t.
This has work out great for me as I am so much happier. And I don’t miss any of it not one bit.

How ever today I was ask why I still drive my car as a child would not be lowed to drive on the road until they were 16. And I am not 16. I am about 5 and maybe younger.

If I am giving up on being a grown up then I can not have it both ways.

I am ether a baby boy and have to sit in the back with the child lock on and get taken where ever the driver takes me, or catch a bus, or ride a bicycle. None of these are really practical for me to get to school (work.) on time and do what I need to do.

Or I am grown up and can drive a car.

I do need my car for to get to school and while I am at school. And giving it up would be really, really hard, but now I fill a bit of a hypocrite driving it.

So what do you guy think, should I stop driving?

Please say that, I can have my cake and eat it, else I cry. Plus I like having a suck on my pacifier while I am driving it helps me concentrate.

sisi said:
[
I am ether a baby boy and have to sit in the back with the child lock on and get taken where ever the driver takes me, or catch a bus, or ride a bicycle. None of these are really practical for me to get to school (work.) on time and do what I need to do.

Or I am grown up and can drive a car.

I do need my car for to get to school and while I am at school. And giving it up would be really, really hard, but now I fill a bit of a hypocrite driving it.

So what do you guy think, should I stop driving?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

This is honestly completely bullshit. I get the idea of being only a baby or only a adult I've had such thoughts myself. But it just wouldn't work in reality for more then 99.98% of people in the world. We aren't just babies/toddlers or anything remotely like that and we shouldn't expect to be treated as such except for rare occasions and only after finding a willing partner.

Also if you're too "little" to drive you are too little to ride a bike and catch a bus or even use Uber or own a smartphone to do so.

Fire2box said:
This is honestly completely bullshit. I get the idea of being only a baby or only a adult I've had such thoughts myself. But it just wouldn't work in reality for more then 99.98% of people in the world. We aren't just babies/toddlers or anything remotely like that and we shouldn't expect to be treated as such except for rare occasions and only after finding a willing partner.

Also if you're too "little" to drive you are too little to ride a bike and catch a bus or even use Uber or own a smartphone to do so.

All this. Also, ADISC is an adults only site. I get that this is important part of you but let's not get carried away.

I think like most people here, you have to find a workable balance between your fantasy life and your actual real world life.

Many people would love to live their fantasy 100% of the time, but unless you get very lucky you'll need money for things like food and shelter, which means you'll need a job, which means you'll need to be an adult at least part of the time.

Unless you've got the unicorn partner who's willing to do all the work for you, you're gonna have to make compromises.

No reason you can't wrap the adult stuff in a fantasy mindset, which seems to at least partially be what you're already doing, but you're still gonna need to do the adult stuff.

Yeah, the only alternative is to pedal a tricycle to work, and that would be tiring, not to mention a tad bit odd. Or you could really take it a step further and hire a flock of storks to deliver you to work each day, which would be tiring for the storks. I would just dial up my adult brain and let it drive me to work, and then you dial in what ever brain is appropriate, but let's face it, there are thousands of adult things we do and process every day. It's how life is once you get past puberty.

I maybe little, but I have to make a living. I drive an big buss :cool:

Fire2box said:

I think someone's mouth needs to be washed out with soap cause you said a swear.

But seriously I think that if it's going to be a strain on you then probably not a good idea to give it up. Trust me I don't have a running car and it's not fun having to work around the schedule of the people that are nice enough to give you rides not to mention feeling like a bit of a burden on them.

I do hope you find peace of mind though. Good luck.

I have the blessing of being able to work on editing stuff at home, meaning that if I want to wake up and set a nice cold bottle of milk on my desk while I edit, I can. However, I like to keep my professional life and play time separate simply because it keeps me focused on the job at hand. As fun as it is to be little and escape into the headspace for a day, I still have to remember my real life and responsibilities.

Beyond that, staying house bound without a car would make me pretty stir crazy really fast.

Absolutely. Like others have said, I'm totally against the idea that ABDLs have to act 100% the same way a real toddler would. No, just no. I'm not a toddler, I'm an ABDL, and though many seem to forget this, but the A in ABDL stands for adult. Yes, I like to wear diapers, suck on a paci, and watch some really young shows as an ABDL, I also work, have adult responsibilities, and drive, and the fact that I have an ABDL side does not detract from that at all, because while ABDL is fun and all, I am at the end of the day, an adult, and if I was seriously treated as a young child, not just role-play, but dead serious as in no driving, no working, no doing any adult activity, it'd be a lot less fun. Plus, if I didn't have a car to drive (I live in a place with almost NO public transportation), I couldn't really do any ABDL activities, and if I didn't work, I couldn't have any ABDL supplies. So not only do I disagree, but my ABDL side flat out couldn't exist without me being an adult.

That is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
And I've been on the Internet before.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be little, but there are adult things that have to be done. I say, keep driving. The ability to drive is taken for granted by most people. I wish I could drive, but being legally blind means I can't. It can be very inconvenient for both myself and the person that has to drive me so I say, if you can drive, drive.

Do you seriously view yourself as a child trapped in an adult's body and believe you're unable to perform tasks as a fully functioning adult would? If so then I would be extremely concerned about you being in charge of a fast-moving tonne of metal.

However, if you're a responsible adult who just happens to sometimes wear a diaper and drink from a bottle, then I see no issue with you driving a car. I like being Little, but if I'm behind the wheel of a car, I know it's no time to act or think like a toddler.

And if you're considering not driving purely to fulfil a fantasy of yourself as being a child, then you're well within your rights to do so. And I'm within my rights to say that I think that's an utterly pointless and counterproductive way to live.

Hi all.

OK yes I take the point there is an "A" in "AB" like the hidden "i" in TEAM.

The question was put to me by someone with severe autism who I work with. He's really cool but sees life in a black and white sort of way. You are either one thing or not. And as I drive a car I must be Grown up, but I do thing that a child would do.

I had just jumped in to a puddle which Splash on to his trousers. And then saying that's what puddle or for, did not help.

What he said to me got me thinking.

I have spent a long time. A long long long time in finding who I am on the inside. Not what someone said I am, and not what I think someone wants me to be. But who I am. I am still learning things about myself and others every day.

As i said I have chosen to give up certain things. And in giving them up I have notice who I have changed. But none of the things I've given up would effect my life in a negative way only in a positive way.

what if i gave up something like my smart phone or my tablet. What would the effects be. Would they be positive.

These are just thoughts becouse in a way he had a point. If a am a child then why do I drive a car.

Well I not going to stop driving but it may be interesting thing to do for a short period of time and see what happens.

One last thing before I go sleepy bye. Some of you use naughty words. And if you say naughty words then you have to sit on the naughty step until you are sorry.

Also some of the replies were quite dismissive which us littles don't handle too well. Don't dismiss a little guy becouse we will get up set. And we have long memories.

ok now I throw all my toys out the pram, can I have them back please.

hee, hee.

Sisi.

DannyBBaby said:
I maybe little, but I have to make a living. I drive an big buss :cool:

The thing is i 100% aggree, I am a little and although i don't drive yet, i do go to college. And i do want to make a living when i get out of college.

sisi said:

These are just thoughts becouse in a way he had a point. If a am a child then why do I drive a car.

I've just quoted this bit, because I feel it's the crux of the discussion.

You're not a child. You've posted before about the job you have, and it sounds like a role which has significant responsibilities. Children don't have jobs, or driving licenses or the ability to post on a forum which is 18+, because society has deemed that those aren't things which kids can appropriately cope with. If you're cognitively competent enough to manage the responsibilities of a full-time job and drive a car, then you're an adult. Whether you like it or not.

And the great thing about being an adult, Sisi, is choice. There are no hard and fast rules over what we're allowed to do. Children have to live in a certain framework because they don't have the ability or maturity to take on certain responsibilities. One of the joys of adulthood is being able to define what you want to do, and when you want to do it (in your free time, at least!).

I don't see any way in which it's helpful to force yourself into a very narrow routine, purely out of some extremely restrictive idea of being a Little. Spending time in a Little headspace is great because it offers a brief escapism from adulthood and the chance to explore a part of ourselves; to expand our experience of life, not to restrict it.

Reactions: gnd567, Legolas and HoganBunny
Sanch said:
I've just quoted this bit, because I feel it's the crux of the discussion.

You're not a child. You've posted before about the job you have, and it sounds like a role which has significant responsibilities. Children don't have jobs, or driving licenses or the ability to post on a forum which is 18+, because society has deemed that those aren't things which kids can appropriately cope with. If you're cognitively competent enough to manage the responsibilities of a full-time job and drive a car, then you're an adult. Whether you like it or not.

And the great thing about being an adult, Sisi, is choice. There are no hard and fast rules over what we're allowed to do. Children have to live in a certain framework because they don't have the ability or maturity to take on certain responsibilities. One of the joys of adulthood is being able to define what you want to do, and when you want to do it (in your free time, at least!).

I don't see any way in which it's helpful to force yourself into a very narrow routine, purely out of some extremely restrictive idea of being a Little. Spending time in a Little headspace is great because it offers a brief escapism from adulthood and the chance to explore a part of ourselves; to expand our experience of life, not to restrict it.

I think these are some great points. I prefer to think of myself as adult + babyish stuff rather than adult with reduced scope. Sometimes it's fun to play around with restrictions and limitations but it's play and it's all about achieving the larger end of an adult's enjoyment.

There are times I like to be a little but I need to drive to get places.....so I take my little car.....

I think the heart of this matter revolves around you're acting like a toddler and jumping in the puddle, splashing water and mud on your friend's pants. I suspect he was annoyed and perhaps, down right mad, so he made the statement more to stop you from doing things that crossed a line. When you splashed water on him, you didn't ask his permission to invade his space. The people who are going to be around you will not be "littles". It's one thing to act childish but it's quite another thing to force your lifestyle and its many ramifications on others.

By wanting to be a little in all aspects of your life, it does come into social contact with everyone you meet, work with, buy things from in a store. My mom use to tell me when I was very young, that there is a time and place for all things. I think it's very appropriate to have a separation in your life between being an adult and being a little. I always try to imagine what my life would be like if I was living 150 years ago. If one was lucky, they would have a plot of land. They would have to grow crops, tend to animals such as horses, chickens and other livestock. We would have to build our own shelter. No one would be there to help other than family and perhaps some neighbors. If one refused to do all the things that adults must do, they would perish.

Though our society is much different than a century and a half ago, the rules for the most part, are still the same. We have adult responsibilities that we must do, otherwise we fail to thrive. Perhaps your friend is right in that if you are going to act like a child in all the things that you do, you will need to remove yourself from society, because society will not want to be around you. It's something to think about as an adult, because the outcomes will impact on your life and how healthy a life you will be living.

I think when you look at the overall membership on this site, you can see that we all like wearing diapers. The majority of us enjoy "little" things such as bottles, pacifiers, baby clothes like onsies, but almost all of us live 90 percent of our lives as adults. As a professional musician, I love doing the adult activity of playing major works both on organ and piano. I love driving my Honda Pilot. At one time I enjoyed racing cars on the 1/4 mile track. I love getting out on the bike trail and riding my two wheel bike. I enjoy writing and reading adult stories. Most of my life encompasses doing adult things.

At the same time, I love wearing a diaper to bed, wetting it, and waking up in the morning in a very "little" head space. But after my shower and getting myself ready for the day, I continue as an adult and that's what I want. There's room for everything in my life. I hope you'll embrace that for yourself as well, because I think it's more rewarding to have accomplishments that one can feel good about.

Reactions: ornitorrinco
dogboy said:
I think the heart of this matter revolves around you're acting like a toddler and jumping in the puddle, splashing water and mud on your friend's pants. I suspect he was annoyed and perhaps, down right mad, so he made the statement more to stop you from doing things that crossed a line. When you splashed water on him, you didn't ask his permission to invade his space. The people who are going to be around you will not be "littles". It's one thing to act childish but it's quite another thing to force your lifestyle and.

Yea but we know each other on the way to the cafe we where playing protend games. Like protend the road crossing was going the explode when he had press the button.

The games are usually spontaneous and though maybe started by me I'll let the other person lead so I don't go overboard with them.

However there are times when I see something then I do something and I don't think of the consequences. Ie jump in paddle of rainwater. It was clean dirt, honest.

When the people I work with tell me to behave, to which I reply I'm not a beehive. But it's their way of telling me that they want to play something different.

Getting told off is part of it.

As for Society and the They're silly roles well one big raspberry to all that, Society can't make their mind up what the rules of the game are anyway.

Most people when they meet me, put me in the special needs category anyway, and they are right, I am special.

But if I did I not know the person or the person doesn't seem to like playing then I back off. Usually I go a bit shy around strangers anyway. I've had to force myself into some social settings where is going to be people that I don't know. I totally get people when they say they have anxiety over doing the shopping.

I would love to have somewhere far far away and be completely self-sufficient where it was just me and my friends. And Rex. My house mats would like the same as well. none of us seem to fit in two societies norms. And what is normal behaviour anyway.

I have so much fun being me even if I do get told off from time to time. I am always in it anyway it just the height that varies.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanch said:

Yea there are things I chosen not to do anymore and I have also chosen a life style I'm happy with.
Consequences of my choice have been great.

But all this as been my choice in in my control. The Question is what if it is not? What if I had a strict nanny who stripped me of my adulthood and I was a only able to do the thing a Child does. What would the consequences be.

I not saying that i am going to do this. Its a bit like the school uniform thing. I still would love to put a school uniform on and go out shopping to see peoples response to me.

I think I like to push he says is normal behaviour, Oh I just like to be naughty.

I think I probably have all the best jobs in the whole world. Where I meet the people that's do not judge you. And do not fitting societies norms them selves. In a way I go to work and play I have responsibilities at work as well. But it the best job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back