Cruisers Absorb Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Has anyone else seen the new commercials for the Pampers Cruisers and wondered how the extra absorb channels would work on a bigger kid's diaper? I totally want that diaper. It looks like it would be really comfortable to have a diaper built like the new Pampers for daily wear. Especially for some of the more active among us.

...this got me thinking about other active-friendly diapers that are both adequately absorbent and comfortable. The Northshore Supremes come to mind. Maybe I'll get a petition going to get them to try putting some absorb channels in theirs! :smile1:

The bad thing is that they most likely patented it for the P&G brand. Just like Kimberly Clark patented the waistband, and why North Shore doesn't have a waistband in their products.

It would be great to experience, maybe P&G would consider putting it in their adult line.

they're probably just low sap / high pulp areas in the padding, to help distribute and speed wicking across the length of the diaper. Many adult diapers already have that feature. Take your thickest brand and open oen up and hold up to the light. If you see an hourglass shaped area in the crotch that looks different when backlit, that's probably the "surge zone" as it's more commonly called.

I know the new wave babies get all of these innovative, high tech diapers these days.. But I find myself still missing these the most.

Attachments

• 15_Vintage_Pampers_Diapers_3ad71fadf48cfbc35327.jpg
    15_Vintage_Pampers_Diapers_3ad71fadf48cfbc35327.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 86
Cloud said:
I know the new wave babies get all of these innovative, high tech diapers these days.. But I find myself still missing these the most.

Yes, and even if I could fit in those new high-tech Pampers, I would not feel any more comfortable than I would wearing a Level 2 cloth-backed Abena. The older Huggies, and especially the Luvs Phases with the blue oxford stripes offered the best comfort of any garment I've became aware of. Those are what I used as part of a pad/pant system before I ended up on Social Security. Their scent was the best at eliminating odors. They stayed dry no matter how I would sweat. I have never ONCE had trouble with padding shift or clumping. And, without ANY adhesive, they would stay in place. All day, regardless of how cold or how hot it was outside. I could even trust that system during times there was NO access to a restroom facility, and I was driving and could not get off the freeway. ONE Luvs Phases #3 would last me for 12 hours duration, and MORE. Nobody has made a more versatile, or higher quality incontinence product since. Nobody.

bambinod said:
they're probably just low sap / high pulp areas in the padding, to help distribute and speed wicking across the length of the diaper. Many adult diapers already have that feature. Take your thickest brand and open oen up and hold up to the light. If you see an hourglass shaped area in the crotch that looks different when backlit, that's probably the "surge zone" as it's more commonly called.

I know what you're saying about the high surge zones, but I think if they made them like the new Cruisers with channels, instead of one big area, it might make the fit better between the legs and aid in "channelling" the wetness into the diaper instead of pooling out. I still think it would make for a comfortable active diaper.

And I had the same thought as metalman. Damn patents.

- - - Updated - - -

Cloud said:

Seconded. These are the diapers I always remember from my childhood. I also remember them being thick too - a desirable feature lacking in current designs.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
The bad thing is that they most likely patented it for the P&G brand. Just like Kimberly Clark patented the waistband, and why North Shore doesn't have a waistband in their products.

It would be great to experience, maybe P&G would consider putting it in their adult line.

Of all people to own a waistband patent its Depend....Cant WAIT till that ends in 2017

Vapor said:
Of all people to own a waistband patent its Depend....Cant WAIT till that ends in 2017
If you're going to make something with a great feature, make the rest of it worth buying.

My kids use these. The channels are definitely 3 tubes inside the diaper. That way the sap is confined to those tubes and when they swell up, you can see the ridges it creates. I think it really reduces clumping. An adult diaper would need more than 3 because it's wider but it might work. There's probably a way around any patent, like making cubes instead of channels, etc.

Vinylfeet said:
My kids use these. The channels are definitely 3 tubes inside the diaper. That way the sap is confined to those tubes and when they swell up, you can see the ridges it creates. I think it really reduces clumping. An adult diaper would need more than 3 because it's wider but it might work. There's probably a way around any patent, like making cubes instead of channels, etc.

I'm sure the patent is written in a way that covers the function. Probably something (and I'm totally guessing here) like "a means for separating fluid into multiple sections" followed by "said means for separating fluid, arranged so as to distribute liquid evenly" and with another claim that's like "said means for separating fluid, arranged to avoid clumping of absorbent material." So it would be really broad, I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back