Not open for further replies.

Geckobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Does Anyone here have atrial tachycardia or any form of tachycardia an how do you deal with it

I've had a fast heart rate since I was 18. I've been to a cardiologist, worn a holter monitor twice, had an echocardiogram, and the usual array of EKGs, chest xrays, and bloodwork. All the cardiologist can find is a harmless sinus arrhythmia. He didn't want me on medicine, but the emergency room put me on a beta blocker, which made my blood pressure drop low enough that I almost fainted in a store and my mom called an ambulance. My primary-care doctor took me off of them, and since then we haven't really done anything for it but take me off the birth control I was using to treat another condition. I just put up with the occasional chest pains/weird sensations.

I have had it checked out and am on a betta blocker just wanted to see what others do for it

I have relatives that have this and they are on Bata blockers. But when it gets to bad and turns into Atrial fibrillation then they have to go to the ER and be sedated then they do the electrical shock to bring it back to sinus rhythm.

My anxiety stemmed from this thinking I had it but I have sinus arrhythmia.

Ditto, I have it too. And an intermittent sinus arrhythmia. Docs deemed it not serious enough to worry about. My resting heart rate fluctuates anywhere between 95-120 bpm.

thickdiapers said:
Ditto, I have it too. And an intermittent sinus arrhythmia. Docs deemed it not serious enough to worry about. My resting heart rate fluctuates anywhere between 95-120 bpm.

120 bpm?? That's not resting rate, right? Mine fluctuates between 95 - 120 also but throughout the day

Aston said:
120 bpm?? That's not resting rate, right? Mine fluctuates between 95 - 120 also but throughout the day

I think the highest mine's ever gone at rest - that I know about - is about 140 beats per minute. Yep, at rest, lying in bed in the emergency room, with the alarm on the monitor going off (and no one really caring, I guess if you're young and your EKG's alright they don't worry too much).

Highest mine went was 179 new years Eve this year almost died now I have to take betta blocked twice a day and watch activities

During my time in japan I had tacycardia but it was due to binge drinking and then running many many miles the next day hung over... I didn't know the stress I was putting on my body. They did an EKG and had me wear a monitor for 24hrs. Once I smartened up and stopped being an asshole to my body it went away. My tacycardia was non threatening tho because the muscles in your heart fire in sequence to complete a full beat and although my beat was rapid it was in proper succession. When your heart beats incorrectly that's when the doctors get worried. Take care of that shit, your ticker is very important piece of hardware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back