Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tachycardia.

Default Tachycardia.

Does Anyone here have atrial tachycardia or any form of tachycardia an how do you deal with it

I've had a fast heart rate since I was 18. I've been to a cardiologist, worn a holter monitor twice, had an echocardiogram, and the usual array of EKGs, chest xrays, and bloodwork. All the cardiologist can find is a harmless sinus arrhythmia. He didn't want me on medicine, but the emergency room put me on a beta blocker, which made my blood pressure drop low enough that I almost fainted in a store and my mom called an ambulance. My primary-care doctor took me off of them, and since then we haven't really done anything for it but take me off the birth control I was using to treat another condition. I just put up with the occasional chest pains/weird sensations.

Potentially serious, depending on the degree, usually treatable. Treatment depends on the cause. You really need professional help with this, if for no other reason than the fact that expensive, complex diagnostic equipment is needed to properly diagnose it.

Don't have it personally. My limited knowledge comes from several in depth articles on a professional athlete who had to retire from competition because of it.

I have had it checked out and am on a betta blocker just wanted to see what others do for it

I have relatives that have this and they are on Bata blockers. But when it gets to bad and turns into Atrial fibrillation then they have to go to the ER and be sedated then they do the electrical shock to bring it back to sinus rhythm.

My anxiety stemmed from this thinking I had it but I have sinus arrhythmia.

Ditto, I have it too. And an intermittent sinus arrhythmia. Docs deemed it not serious enough to worry about. My resting heart rate fluctuates anywhere between 95-120 bpm.

Quote Originally Posted by thickdiapers View Post
    Ditto, I have it too. And an intermittent sinus arrhythmia. Docs deemed it not serious enough to worry about. My resting heart rate fluctuates anywhere between 95-120 bpm.
    120 bpm?? That's not resting rate, right? Mine fluctuates between 95 - 120 also but throughout the day

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    120 bpm?? That's not resting rate, right? Mine fluctuates between 95 - 120 also but throughout the day
    I think the highest mine's ever gone at rest - that I know about - is about 140 beats per minute. Yep, at rest, lying in bed in the emergency room, with the alarm on the monitor going off (and no one really caring, I guess if you're young and your EKG's alright they don't worry too much).

Highest mine went was 179 new years Eve this year almost died now I have to take betta blocked twice a day and watch activities