What do you think about Comficare returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis9800

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Now before you get excited, it is not coming back! But I would like people's thoughts on a product & company so cryptic ever since they released the lesser product BetterDry.

From reading people's post replies in "Best Diaper", it is clear that everyone who ever tried a Comficare instantly fell in love with it. Esp. the L10. I think it is safe to say that the people behind the design of this product know this too. So why can't they simply issue another run? People's main complaint with them was the sizing - where the mediums were concerned. I myself never had this issue with the Large. In fact, it was the best fit I have come across. As you know, it is expensive to alter the shape/size because a new plate has to be created.

So if we make it clear that we really don't care about the size for now, & that we desperately want another run of the plate (I assume) they have in their possession still, do you think they would consider bringing them back into production? If they tell us it is too expensive to manufacture them in China, why in God's name wouldn't they simply increase they price per outer? I would still purchase them as a treat even if they were £20 per 10. But to just totally destroy a superior product? What kind of madness is that?!

Sorry, but I really do not like the BetterDry nappy. I like my nappies TIGHT. And without any landing zone, & with that awful stretchy material... well.. they suck.

So how do we go about this? How do we coerce Comficare.de to give us.. the consumer, what we want?

I heard a few of you took your complaints directly up with comficare. Did you get anything back?

Kind regards,
Travis M

My only experience with comficare are the crinklz, distrubited by Thrust Vector. I bought a case of the regular crinklz when they were based on the comficare diaper. I also bought a case more recently of the "CrinklzV2" based on the BetterDry diaper.

The two diapers have their similaries and their differences. CC are more similar to bambino, being a little lower sap, wider crotch, wider back, stiffer shell, and overall fluffier padding. The BD are somewhat unique, I can't think of any really close diaper. The shape is closer to the DC Amore for shape and capacity, but the outer shell is really soft and they absorb quite well still. They're actually pretty similar to the ABU sdk/cushies v2. (although the abu are single tape and have no front elastic)

Overall I'd have to say I prefer the betterdry version of the crinklz, looking at purely the base diaper. The version 2 crinklz actually has a few other improvements (sharper resolution artwork and got rid of that awful taping panel) but those are just additional bonuses on top of the improved base diaper.

But a lot of this is of course just my personal opinion. I don't see any attempt to "cheapen" the diaper. It looks like it'd cost about the same to produce, not having really dropped any features or cheapened materials. So the only reason I can see for the change is that they are giving the consumer what they want. And I know I like the changes they've made. Just my 2c

I actually really like the new BetterDry/Crinklz V2. Version 1 was a good diaper, though it was very similar in design to Bambino, the new ABU double tape diapers, and the Rearz Safari. Check those out of you miss the V1 Crinklz.

Version 2 is unlike anything I've seen before. It's very comfortable, thinner to start out with, but swells like crazy. The outer plastic is very soft. Because of the soft plastic and high SAP content, it reminds me of the old plastic Tena Slip Maxi in terms of (initial) discretion, comfort and performance. The only thing the BetterDry is lacking is the taping panel, which I agree is a shame to lose, but it doesn't detract from the diaper to the point that I will stop buying it.

Tygon said:
The only thing the BetterDry is lacking is the taping panel, which I agree is a shame to lose, but it doesn't detract from the diaper to the point that I will stop buying it.

I don't find that to be a problem because I know exactly where my tapes go. Most of the time I actually attach the tapes and then pull up my diaper like a pullup. Perfect fit every time, AND the tapes are flush down on the plastic. When taping after wearing, things tend to get wrinkled. It also saves time, because I can "prep" a few diapers ahead of time and put on a tape-up diaper as fast as a pullup. (also great for changes on the road)

I suspect the Cushies2/SDK2 are based on the BetterDry - same soft shell, same crotch width, same padding thickness and feel... whatcha think?

bambinod said:
I don't find that to be a problem because I know exactly where my tapes go. Most of the time I actually attach the tapes and then pull up my diaper like a pullup. Perfect fit every time, AND the tapes are flush down on the plastic. When taping after wearing, things tend to get wrinkled. It also saves time, because I can "prep" a few diapers ahead of time and put on a tape-up diaper as fast as a pullup. (also great for changes on the road)

I suspect the Cushies2/SDK2 are based on the BetterDry - same soft shell, same crotch width, same padding thickness and feel... whatcha think?

I've never been able to get the pre-tape pull-up method to work for me; I think I have too much hip for it. I've no issue with getting a good fit the first try though, even without the taping panel. The reason I like taping panels is because they seem to reinforce the front plastic, preventing the shell plastic from stretching and necessitating an adjustment to get the fit at the waist snug again after a couple hours.

That was something I had not considered, I'll compare my V2 Crinklz and V2 SDK when I get home.

the vers 1 cushies didn't have rear (or front) elastic iirc, the v2 have added rear elastic. That'll give you a little more "wiggle room" to pull up and stay snug. My hips aren't straight but they're not too rounded either, I probably rate maybe a "2" or "3" out of 10 for hip curve.

Next time you take off your diaper, cut the wings off instead of pulling the tapes. Then lay it down beside a fresh diaper, and transpose the position of the tapes to the fresh one, then try to pull it up. If it fits well, try to remember that position. Use landmarks that don't vary. (some diapers have a repeating pattern that shifts from diaper to diaper, others dont) In most cases I spot my tapes based on the top of the tape panel (for up/down) and where the leak guards anchor (for left/right) Though I have a fairly large variety of diapers onhand right now, and sometimes I forget or get confused and end up with problems :p

attachment.php

Travis9800 said:
So how do we go about this? How do we coerce Comficare.de to give us.. the consumer, what we want?

I heard a few of you took your complaints directly up with comficare. Did you get anything back?

Kind regards,
Travis M
we don't need to take anything up whatstheirname as the Comficare were just an Asian style diaper, made in Asia (this explains the sizing and, for those who smelt, the smell of the freshly-fumigated container in which they were shipped).
anyone could arrange such another deal, but if you know the Chinqs, you'll know that you ideally need a rep' on the ground, or they'll do as they wish to suit themselves (the proliferation outside of China of seriously cheap, chinese-market-only-licensed Android devices being a case in point).

as for complaining to whatstheirname, i wouldn't bother. i recently asked a question of a US film maker/distributor, via their 'conact us' page, as to when we were going to be getting the blu-ray versions of such-and-such a movie. they replied, directing me to their 'contact us' page for such questions.
that's only the latest 'customer relations' b/s; i've had more, and more ridiculous, previously.
to cut a rant short, 'they' shouldn't need customers to tell them, they should already know by virtue of commonsense and sales figures. afterall, you never hear of an assassin asking his client, "have i killed him enough? do you want me to kill him some more? do you want me to kill him a bit more than more? should i kill him less? or is it none of the above?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back