How many of you have attended an ABDL event? Would you go to another, why or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioc040

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just curious how many have attended a munch or ABDL meetup and if you would attend another (why or why not?)

After being in the background for many years, I've been thinking about meeting others within the ABDL community, perhaps, even plan a few discrete events, bbq, hiking, camping, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of munches but I still go from time to time. I prefer to hang out with friends and while I do have some at the local munches, it seems to me like it's not a great opportunity for anything more than superficial socializing. If one is socially outgoing, I think they can be a very effective way to get into the swing of things. For those who are less engaged, they're going to be more work. I go to other planned events such as parties and find them often more worth the investment of time and effort. I'm sort of embarassed for possible opportunities as a Seattle resident.

Overall, I'd say that socializing is one of the best ways to get right with onesself as an ABDL, so I'd encourage some manner of doing so even if it is a bit outside the comfort zone.

Trevor said:
I'm not a huge fan of munches but I still go from time to time. I prefer to hang out with friends and while I do have some at the local munches, it seems to me like it's not a great opportunity for anything more than superficial socializing. If one is socially outgoing, I think they can be a very effective way to get into the swing of things. For those who are less engaged, they're going to be more work. I go to other planned events such as parties and find them often more worth the investment of time and effort. I'm sort of embarassed for possible opportunities as a Seattle resident.

Overall, I'd say that socializing is one of the best ways to get right with onesself as an ABDL, so I'd encourage some manner of doing so even if it is a bit outside the comfort zone.

Thanks, that is one reason I was thinking of activities other than a regular munch, etc. Something that combine the best of both worlds.

I've never been to a munch, but I've been to TFF (Texas Furry Fiesta). It has (I think) the highest cub / AB / DL / diaperfur / babyfur / etc. population of any current furry convention (now that Rainfurrest has gone away).

There was a Cub Hub where you could go & hang out. The babyfur Olympics & even a Story time.

There's going to be more events, more organized this next year. There will be a nursery / daycare panel, story time panel, bedtime stories, movies, & other events.

Basically you get to hang out with other ABDL's. It was an amazing experience for someone like myself that had only met one person at a time in the past. There were even "crinkle" ribbons that you could put on your ID badge to help others identify each other.

It was really cool. I'd go back.

I've gone to quite a few munches and play parties. I've had a blast at them. Munches tend to be a good place to just meet other ABDLs in person and have a conversation, it doesn't have to be about ABDL, it can just be about whatever. Play Parties tend to have more activities and ABDL stuff that's a lot of fun. A lot of the munches I've been to had the play party immediately afterwards, so you went to meet people at the munch, and then had fun with them later at the party. I'd definitely try going to at least one munch just to see how it is for you. You never know how it might turn out. =)

Thanks everyone, it sounds like a lot fun....time to do some searching.

I was a regular attendee of munches for a while. My previous employer was sufficiently enormous that I was aware of approximately a dozen AB/DL coworkers, and we had a monthly at-work munch, believe it or not. There was quite a bit of trust involved with that, needless to say. Several of the attendees were far more involved with the local AB/DL community than I ever was, and through them I made my way to several other munches and meet-ups. I would characterize my feelings towards these things as one of intrigue versus a thing of need. I don't go out of my way to make real-life AB/DL friends. Still, the munches were fun and interesting, and something I'd certainly do again given the chance.

Cottontail said:
I was a regular attendee of munches for a while. My previous employer was sufficiently enormous that I was aware of approximately a dozen AB/DL coworkers, and we had a monthly at-work munch, believe it or not. There was quite a bit of trust involved with that, needless to say. Several of the attendees were far more involved with the local AB/DL community than I ever was, and through them I made my way to several other munches and meet-ups. I would characterize my feelings towards these things as one of intrigue versus a thing of need. I don't go out of my way to make real-life AB/DL friends. Still, the munches were fun and interesting, and something I'd certainly do again given the chance.

I'm going to assume that you had to be discreet (as in, no outright babyish goings-on) at your at-work munches? So it just looked like a regular group of friends?

To answer the OP: nope. Can't do that sort of stuff when you live with my parents. I wouldn't mind going to a furcon though maybe if I could.

KimbaStarshine said:
I'm going to assume that you had to be discreet (as in, no outright babyish goings-on) at your at-work munches? So it just looked like a regular group of friends?

Yeah. That was an assumed rule that, thankfully, never needed reinforcement. Under cover of cafeteria noise, AB/DL topics did occasionally come up, but they were never of an explicit nature. Everybody appreciated the fragility of the situation and nobody was keen to be the one to wreck it.

I attended some local once a month munches for a few months, as well as a sleepover. I'm relatively outgoing, but I would agree with Trevor that there was a superficial aspect to the socializing. I also found them a bit boring, which is probably because I didn't really connect with anyone even though I talked to a lot of people. There's no particular reason I stopped going though, I missed a month because I had to stay late at work, then another month because I had some family obligations that came up, and then I kinda forgot about it for a couple months before it came back to me that I'd just sorta disappeared and didn't feel like making the time to go back, at least for the present.

Edit: I realize that's not a ringing endorsement from my part. I think it was worth my while going. I met some interesting people and there was some opportunity to hear about and explore different aspects of being ABDL. If I'd wanted, there were certainly more opportunities to get involved as well, I just was too busy with other things to really take advantage of it.

Yes. I have. It was called a Littles Invasion. It was really comforting to see others running around in diapers and baby stuff. It was a little scary at first for me..especially the fist time I saw someone change someone else right out in the open. I will say at 43 I feel a little out of place. Most of them were 20 somethings (why is that). But I was treated kindly and made some friends. The next time I go..I am defiantly getting my diaper changed!

They were doing changes out in the open? ...that's...umm...yeah...I wouldn't do that...

Mattew said:
They were doing changes out in the open? ...that's...umm...yeah...I wouldn't do that...

I've heard of that happening before, no quite my thing either.

Gsmax said:
I've gone to quite a few munches and play parties. I've had a blast at them. Munches tend to be a good place to just meet other ABDLs in person and have a conversation, it doesn't have to be about ABDL, it can just be about whatever. Play Parties tend to have more activities and ABDL stuff that's a lot of fun. A lot of the munches I've been to had the play party immediately afterwards, so you went to meet people at the munch, and then had fun with them later at the party. I'd definitely try going to at least one munch just to see how it is for you. You never know how it might turn out. =)
The munch's help brake the ice and in my case lead to little play parties.
Coloring play block's games. .
One guy brought a bunch of the new diapers to try crinkles, little paws , SDK types.
We had a private change room they rented a place .
I was invited for a sleep over and went.
It was fun there were 7 of us.
It was the munch that started it.
You just show up in street clothing to the munch .
Now the parties it's the same but once there you change into what you like to wear.
All the best to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Pampers4Chris said:
Yes. I have. It was called a Littles Invasion. It was really comforting to see others running around in diapers and baby stuff. It was a little scary at first for me..especially the fist time I saw someone change someone else right out in the open. I will say at 43 I feel a little out of place. Most of them were 20 somethings (why is that). But I was treated kindly and made some friends. The next time I go..I am defiantly getting my diaper changed!
It's been offered to change me but I'm a little shy on that but it's always private changing place. But running around in baby attire just diapers and a little baby t-shirt seems to be the norm which is OK I was wearing my short all.
Being a shy little one but never forced into any thing I'm not comfortable with.
Lol some are brave soul's .

- - - Updated - - -

Mattew said:
I've never been to a munch, but I've been to TFF (Texas Furry Fiesta). It has (I think) the highest cub / AB / DL / diaperfur / babyfur / etc. population of any current furry convention (now that Rainfurrest has gone away).

There was a Cub Hub where you could go & hang out. The babyfur Olympics & even a Story time.

There's going to be more events, more organized this next year. There will be a nursery / daycare panel, story time panel, bedtime stories, movies, & other events.

Basically you get to hang out with other ABDL's. It was an amazing experience for someone like myself that had only met one person at a time in the past. There were even "crinkle" ribbons that you could put on your ID badge to help others identify each other.

It was really cool. I'd go back.
Have not been to TFF not going this year mabey next year.
Should try to make one .

Hmmm, I would like to attend something. But being shy and not necessarily knowing where my more AB interests lay, I don't know if I would enjoy it....

Now maybe something like a DL hangout would be nice! Like maybe playing some video games, board games, war games, snacks, beverages, wear what you want, that thing where you take a mattress and layit in front of the couch, changing room, complimentary diapers, etc.
Maybe some more little friendly things, like cartoons, and plushies.

Hanging out with a few DL's and playing video games and having a few adult beverages sounds like heaven. Sadly, I wouldn't even know where to look.

I used to run a munch. They were fun until the numbers dwindled tonabfew regulars with behavior issues that scared away any newcomers. Then the drama was not worth it. I did the campout for a while but they are mostly the same people.

I would consider trying out some of the bigger events if Inhad the time and money. But for now my limited vacation time and money will go towards destinatuon I know I will enjoy.

disneygeek said:
Hanging out with a few DL's and playing video games and having a few adult beverages sounds like heaven. Sadly, I wouldn't even know where to look.

yeah where do you even find out about these things?

-Gus

Various places. Different websites. Sometimes it's discussed in local / private chat groups. Start getting to know others in your State / City / Area. Check out other sites, I've heard that Fetlife is good for connecting others to meet IRL

I occasionally went to the munch in my hometown, but never really felt a connection with any of the people there and had a problem with some people who clearly had behaviour issues. Some time passed, and I decided to check out some munches a bit further away. Didn't really know anybody, but they seemed much more open, friendly, and fun to talk to. Got to know a few people that way. When the old munch became inactive, I started a new munch myself. At some point started going to the ABDL parties in Berlin (Germany, not exactly close to where I live, but manageable). Met some more people, got invited to private events, made a few friends that way. My munch is still active, could be more people, but at least none with behaviour issues have shown up so far.

The only thing I regret is that I didn't connect with the community sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back