Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: The Help Secret Find A PC Thread!

  1. #1
    Secret

    Default The Help Secret Find A PC Thread!

    Okay so I have a really old and crappy computer and I want to get a new one. My budget is about 500$ to 600$ dollars and I need to be able to run games like

    LEFT 4 DEAD Left 4 Dead System Requirements - Left 4 Dead 411
    TF2 Team Fortress 2 System Requirements at FreakyGaming

    And I want to be able to at least play these games well so their not choppy. I do not need a monitor or keyboard or mouse I just need the tower and I am willing to go with a refurbished tower.

    So can yall help me please thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Right now im kinda a hp fan kinda person, so this is way biased... and probably even more so because i found it using best buy's finder function i would probably say this one looks decent, and for 529.99usd it doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.

  3. #3

    Default

    AMD X2 64 4200+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk Drive, 500 watt OCZ PSU, EVGA 8800 GT 512 MB of ram.


    that's my rig right there and run both maxed out with about AAx4. however I would go with a newer CPU and a 4850 ATI GPU.

  4. #4

    Default

    Secret,

    I bought THIS several months ago, and it is really good, I have no complaints, save one. The onboard graphics is not the best. The ONLY thing I am going to do to upgrade is pop in an ATI hd4870, but the less expensive 4670 or 4650 will probably meet/ exceed most games that aren't Crysis, or whatnot. Check the specs on this system, and you should be impressed, especially for $509.99! (It was $650 when I bought mine)

    Some Specs:
    #
    Processor AMD Phenom™ X4 Quad- Core
    #
    Processor Speed 1.8GHz
    #
    System Bus 800MHz
    #
    Cache Memory 2MB on die Level 3
    #
    System Memory (RAM) 4GB
    #
    System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 8GB
    #
    Type of Memory (RAM) DDR2
    #
    Hard Drive Type Serial ATA II (7200 rpm)
    #
    Hard Drive Size 640GB

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Secret,

    I bought THIS several months ago, and it is really good, I have no complaints, save one. The onboard graphics is not the best. The ONLY thing I am going to do to upgrade is pop in an ATI hd4870, but the less expensive 4670 or 4650 will probably meet/ exceed most games that aren't Crysis, or whatnot. Check the specs on this system, and you should be impressed, especially for $509.99! (It was $650 when I bought mine)

    Some Specs:
    #
    Processor AMD Phenom™ X4 Quad- Core
    #
    Processor Speed 1.8GHz
    #
    System Bus 800MHz
    #
    Cache Memory 2MB on die Level 3
    #
    System Memory (RAM) 4GB
    #
    System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 8GB
    #
    Type of Memory (RAM) DDR2
    #
    Hard Drive Type Serial ATA II (7200 rpm)
    #
    Hard Drive Size 640GB
    That's a pretty weak CPU for a quad core. Even now most programs still don't use all 4 cores so really right now that's like having a 2 core 1.8 GHz CPU at this point in time. Not to mention TF2 doesn't even support multi-cores yet since Valve likes their DX8 users. Any gamer that's still on DX8 needs to get government assistance with buying a a half way decent GPU.

    ----------------
    Now playing: Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna (Full Orchestral Remix)
    via FoxyTunes

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    That's a pretty weak CPU for a quad core. Even now most programs still don't use all 4 cores so really right now that's like having a 2 core 1.8 GHz CPU at this point in time. Not to mention TF2 doesn't even support multi-cores yet since Valve likes their DX8 users. Any gamer that's still on DX8 needs to get government assistance with buying a a half way decent GPU.
    You know, I thought it might be weak too, but I have yet to really task it even playing Fallout 3 (my onboard graphics on the other hand...) the good thing is that even the black edition Phenoms aren't that expensive, and they pop right into this MOBO should I decide to upgrade.

  7. #7

    Default

    Hahaha that one from Best Buy is pathetic.

    Do you mind ordering off eBay?

    edit: Yes I can get a comp that will run Fallout 3 nicely. Not like mine (Radeon 4830, E8500, 4GB of DDR3, Windows 7 64-bit, 60fps [capped] in Fallout 3 at 1280x1024 with 4xAA or ~20fps at 24xAA, which cost a good bit more than $650 but you'll be able to run Team Fortress 2 with 60+ fps in DX9 and at least 2xAA for $600.

  8. #8
    Secret

    Default

    I would rather not order off of Ebay for security reasons and past experiences.

  9. #9
    Darkfinn

    Default

    I know it's not really what you are looking for... but I got a killer deal on a new Compaq (by HP) laptop over the holidays...

    Compaq CQ60Z, AMD Athlon X-2 Dual Core processor (2.0GHz), 3GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G, integrated wireless, etc.

    Paid just under $500 for it shipped to my door. IDK what kinda prices they have on them now... but its a good unit.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Okay so I have a really old and crappy computer and I want to get a new one. My budget is about 500$ to 600$ dollars and I need to be able to run games like

    LEFT 4 DEAD Left 4 Dead System Requirements - Left 4 Dead 411
    TF2 Team Fortress 2 System Requirements at FreakyGaming

    And I want to be able to at least play these games well so their not choppy. I do not need a monitor or keyboard or mouse I just need the tower and I am willing to go with a refurbished tower.

    So can yall help me please thanks!
    Go to Dell's site and search their "refurbished" hardware section, they have good deals there.

    -Gus

Similar Threads

  1. the "help sparkmaster find a new computer" thread
    By MysteriousVisitor in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-Feb-2009, 20:07
  2. The Secret VIP Requirement
    By Moo in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-Nov-2008, 23:25
  3. PSA: The Secret to Escaping WoW
    By Zeit in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-Apr-2008, 02:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.