Wearing at a beer festival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone. So I'm planning on attending a beer festival on Saturday with my friend and her boyfriend. It's an outdoor festival and I'm sure the restrooms will be of the portable variety. I'm extremely tempted to wear an M4 out. Not only would this help with the port-a-pottys, but it would also really help while drinking and waiting in long lines.

But I'm a little nervous in wearing in front of people I know. I have larger jeans for wearing in public, but I think I would be more comfortable if it was at night rather than still daylight (it's from 4-7).

There's also the option of wearing a goodnite. This way I could still use the pottys available but if the lines are long and I 'leak' a little, it shouldn't be a problem (as that's sometimes an issue anyway when I'm out in public drinking).

Anyways, just looking for some advice I guess. I don't think it's TOO noticeable while I wear and part of me really want to try since it's only a few hours, but I don't want to be paranoid all night either.

I would recommend something thick but with a cloth-like outer cover to cut down on noise. Super dark colored pants...just in case and maybe a baggy sweatshirt. Also...if you do it...you have to be comfortable doing it or your discomfort will draw more attention to it. Most people won't be expecting you to be wearing a diaper so no one will probably even notice. Another good trick is to keep your keys on a belt loop of your jeans and the jingling will distract from any crinkling sounds. Hope this helps. Have fun and drink one for me. :)

Sounds like a great combination. Dont worry about noise as you will be at a festival, the diaper will be completely unnoticeable. Be sure to wear a M4 or other thick diaper as you WILL need it

I seriously doubt a goodnight will even scratch the surface of the need...

bambinod said:
I seriously doubt a goodnight will even scratch the surface of the need...
Yeah, I agree. If I wore that it would be more just for the fun and not probably the function of it. Looking at the weather it is supposed to be in the low 60's and dropping over the course of it. Perfect sweatshirt weather as that is chilly for Florida, and I have a thicker, larger one I could wear. As long as I don't chicken out I'm really leaning toward giving it a go!

I would probably go with both. Poke a bunch of hole in the goodnite and put the M4 over it. A beer festival is kinda pushing it if you don't plan on changing. Be careful sitting down on the way home.

WildRoseBaby said:
I would probably go with both. Poke a bunch of hole in the goodnite and put the M4 over it. A beer festival is kinda pushing it if you don't plan on changing. Be careful sitting down on the way home.
I just don't want it to be TOO think and noticeable. I could always put a booster inside. But it's only a 3 hour event and I can probably go the first hour or so before having to 'break the seal'. Those M4's are thirsty especially while standing.

Have you worn before whilst sampling a fine selection of barley pops for an extended period of time? Be aware, you will saturate an M-4 with ease whilst enjoying a few malt beverages. If you don't bring a change with you, be sure to wear underwear. Also, changing in a porta-potty with long lines of people waiting right outside can be a bit daunting to the uninitiated, and don't forget, you will have to carry out your used diaper in front of everyone.

If you are wearing for just for the sake of wearing, just be aware that there are downsides. M-4's are not known for their durability while the wearer is constantly moving. Simply walking around for a few hours is enough to wreak havoc on the M-4, or even repeated sitting/standing. The padding will break down and shift. Clumping will ensue and if it has been used it will be worse. An M-4 can and will end up like a garbage bag with a pound of wet squishy sand at the bottom of it given enough movement, humidity, heat, or combination of the three.

If you want to wear, go for it. Just make sure you are prepared for the absolute worse chaffing, clumping, or being embarrassed changing in a public honey bucket and carrying out your diaper. Now, if none of that happens...YAY!!!! But you should always be physically and mentally prepared for the worst case scenario when it comes to wearing a diaper.

Thanks for your input Llayden. Though this isn't the first time I will be wearing out, just the first time in front of friends. I've worn at bars and restaurants and movie theaters before and haven't had any issues in the past. And I don't seem to have a clumping issue with M4s either.

I always wear compression underwear or shorts over to keep everything tight and together after wetting. I definitely don't plan on changing at all. Like I said I'm pretty confident I can get through 2 hours without leaking especially if I add in a booster.

Last edited:
disneygeek said:
Thanks for your input Llayden. Though this isn't the first time I will be wearing out, just the first time in front of friends. I've worn at bars and restaurants and movie theaters before and haven't had any issues in the past. And I don't seem to have a clumping issue with M4s either.

I always wear compression underwear or shorts over to keep everything tight and together after wetting. I definitely don't plan on changing at all. Like I said I'm pretty confident I can get through 2 hours without leaking especially if I add in a booster.

It sounds like you have an adequate level of understanding, experience, and motivation. So, what exactly were you looking for advice on then? How to keep them a secret from your friends? Don't tell them, don't let them touch your butt, and don't leak. Simple! :)

Bars, restaurants, and movie theaters are all similar in that they involve a lot sitting and not much else. A festival will entail a lot of walking. Again, I emphasize that M-4's do NOT hold up well to prolonged activity IF being used and ESPECIALLY if you're expecting to use it enough to necessitate a booster. Of course, everyone's mileage will vary and it could very well be that I'm a bit rough on diapers. Who know's? But it would not be MY first choice for a beer festival.

disneygeek said:
Hey everyone. So I'm planning on attending a beer festival on Saturday with my friend and her boyfriend. It's an outdoor festival and I'm sure the restrooms will be of the portable variety. I'm extremely tempted to wear an M4 out. Not only would this help with the port-a-pottys, but it would also really help while drinking and waiting in long lines.

But I'm a little nervous in wearing in front of people I know. I have larger jeans for wearing in public, but I think I would be more comfortable if it was at night rather than still daylight (it's from 4-7).

There's also the option of wearing a goodnite. This way I could still use the pottys available but if the lines are long and I 'leak' a little, it shouldn't be a problem (as that's sometimes an issue anyway when I'm out in public drinking).

Anyways, just looking for some advice I guess. I don't think it's TOO noticeable while I wear and part of me really want to try since it's only a few hours, but I don't want to be paranoid all night either.

Unless the people you know get blackout drunk, I'm pretty sure they'd notice you not using the bathroom all day. I'm gonna say it's probably better that you don't wear.

Abdlforever said:
Unless the people you know get blackout drunk, I'm pretty sure they'd notice you not using the bathroom all day. I'm gonna say it's probably better that you don't wear.
Honestly I was thinking of making 'stops' in the restroom whenever they do. But not actually using. And it's only a couple hours as it is.

Llayden said:
It sounds like you have an adequate level of understanding, experience, and motivation. So, what exactly were you looking for advice on then? How to keep them a secret from your friends? Don't tell them, don't let them touch your butt, and don't leak. Simple! :)

Bars, restaurants, and movie theaters are all similar in that they involve a lot sitting and not much else. A festival will entail a lot of walking. Again, I emphasize that M-4's do NOT hold up well to prolonged activity IF being used and ESPECIALLY if you're expecting to use it enough to necessitate a booster. Of course, everyone's mileage will vary and it could very well be that I'm a bit rough on diapers. Who know's? But it would not be MY first choice for a beer festival.

I suppose. Though from the previous beer events I've been to there's actually not that much walking? You pick up your beer, then meet at your 'spot', finish your beer then get another. I don't know. I have a day to mull it over. If anything else I can wear my goodnite and still feel the padding and not be afraid of small leaks while waiting in line for the restroom.

Update! So I decided against an actual diaper. I was worried about the bulk. Instead I went with a goodnite with a booster inside. I used the actual restroom twice and used my goodnite twice while with them, which is what I'm comfortable knowing it will hold. It was great to feel the bulk between my legs and wearing around friends for the first time!

That's great that you did wear! It's always a relaxing feeling that if you have to pee you can just do it in a diaper. I'm also quite worried about the bulk of a regular diaper when I wear around friends, so I just wear a goodnite too.

But last time when I went to a concert with my friends I did actually wear a Tena Slip Maxi. We waited three hours in the line first (just to get to the front row) and the concert lasted almost 5 hours in total. I flooded the diaper after the first warm-up band and made 2 smaller wettings later. Not a single problem with the diaper, it did it's job exceptionally well. I'm glad that I wore a diaper there and I was able to fully enjoy the concert.

Llayden said:

This. Those are the main reasons I exclusively wear Bunnies (with stuffers). The tapes on the M4s were incredibly suboptimal (especially if Mommy is doing the diapering and needs to adjust the tapes a couple times), and the clumping with activity/movement and lack of functional leak guards were a dealbreaker. They're great diapers, just clearly not intended for "ambulatory patients".

It sounds like you are a person of the non-male gender? If that's physically the case, you'll have a much easier time with this than if you were not. Finally! Traditional gender roles working in your favor! - Men aren't infantilized (and thus, subjugated, etc, etc..) by society, so, think about taking the next step and being a bit more open about wearing diapers!

Trisy said:
This. Those are the main reasons I exclusively wear Bunnies (with stuffers). The tapes on the M4s were incredibly suboptimal (especially if Mommy is doing the diapering and needs to adjust the tapes a couple times), and the clumping with activity/movement and lack of functional leak guards were a dealbreaker. They're great diapers, just clearly not intended for "ambulatory patients".

It sounds like you are a person of the non-male gender? If that's physically the case, you'll have a much easier time with this than if you were not. Finally! Traditional gender roles working in your favor! - Men aren't infantilized (and thus, subjugated, etc, etc..) by society, so, think about taking the next step and being a bit more open about wearing diapers!
The tapes are definitely the M4's biggest downfall. My current case even has more faulty tapes than normal. I've had to use a decent amount of duck tape to hold the right side, but it actually makes for an even better fit. I actually haven't had too many issues with clumping unless I'm wearing 4-5+ hours and wetting a lot.

As for becoming more open, I'm afraid I'm no where NEAR ready for that, if ever. I do appreciate the response, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back