• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi I am Dan paraplegic double incontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catheterguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi guys I am new here on this site. My name is Dan and I am very disabled and live in a flat for disabled adults. There are 4 flats the other 3 all occupied by woman. I have care workers Come in 8 in the morning then again mid afternoon then to put me to bed in the evening. Meals also 3 times a day. I have a supra pubic catheter and leg bag which is hooked up to a large capacity night bag when I am in bed. I am double incontinent so wear diapers mainly the plastic backed ones called ID super PE. I have a main care worker called Mark who is great but when he is off my care is by female care workers. My routine is morning I am wheeled in to the wet room after my pyjamas and nappy are removed. I am sat on the toilet sometimes after suppositories have been inserted. If I can poop that is a great start. I am then showered and a new nappy to last until the mid afternoon Change. Then evening am normally in bed by 9. I get down a lot and am joining this site to sound off sometimes and maybe get some support. Thanks Dan.

Catheterguy said:
Hi guys I am new here on this site. My name is Dan and I am very disabled and live in a flat for disabled adults. There are 4 flats the other 3 all occupied by woman. I have care workers Come in 8 in the morning then again mid afternoon then to put me to bed in the evening. Meals also 3 times a day. I have a supra pubic catheter and leg bag which is hooked up to a large capacity night bag when I am in bed. I am double incontinent so wear diapers mainly the plastic backed ones called ID super PE. I have a main care worker called Mark who is great but when he is off my care is by female care workers. My routine is morning I am wheeled in to the wet room after my pyjamas and nappy are removed. I am sat on the toilet sometimes after suppositories have been inserted. If I can poop that is a great start. I am then showered and a new nappy to last until the mid afternoon Change. Then evening am normally in bed by 9. I get down a lot and am joining this site to sound off sometimes and maybe get some support. Thanks Dan.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to ADISC!

I can only sympathise with how difficult IC is, but there are a lot of ADISCers who have the condition, so I hope you'll find the support and friendly welcome you're looking for here, from people who know what living with IC is like. This is a really kind and helpful community.

As for life as a disabled adult, I know very well what that's like. I have a muscle-wasting condition, which presents its own challenges. But I see it as a part of my life, and not something which defines all of it. :)

We also like to get to know new members a bit better, in terms of their non-AB/DL/IC reasons for being here. So where are you from? And what do you like doing? :)

Best wishes,
~ Sanch

Thanks for the welcome. I like my swim group twice a week and also trips into town. I am from Manchester area in the north west of England. Also like bird watching I have a bird feeder outside my window. Am a Manchester City football fan and have all the sports channels on the TV.

Catheterguy said:
Thanks for the welcome. I like my swim group twice a week and also trips into town. I am from Manchester area in the north west of England. Also like bird watching I have a bird feeder outside my window. Am a Manchester City football fan and have all the sports channels on the TV.

Ah, you're not far from me (Lancashire). I love swimming and watching football as well! Interesting situation at Man City now with Pellegrini going in the summer. Be interesting to see how they get on in the League and Europe in the next couple of months. :)

Catheterguy said:

Good Evening and Welcome!

I am "Caitian X".
I have Cerebral Palsy and Autism (Asperger's Syndrome).
Yes!
I am in diapers 24/7.
I am in "New Hampshire".

Hi Dan.

Welcome to our community. And feel free to sound off. Some "Carers." Are really weird. I work with people that have learning disabilities. And I also have a learning disabilitys. So I see it from both angles. I don't have a paid carer becouse social services don't think I'm bad enough. And the cost is just silly.

Every one hear is really friendly and supportive.

Sisi

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm in pretty good health but my wife is a diabetic amputee, her right leg amputated below the knee. In addition, she is on kidney dialysis which we do in our home. She's on the machine as I write this, both of us watching TV in the bedroom.

I'm sorry for your condition. It's amazing how so many of us find ways to cope with the things that happen to us. One realizes that every day is still a new day, something that we hold on to, and there are things to do that can give us pleasure or some joy.

I think you'll like this site. Many of us, such as myself, simply enjoy wearing diapers and feeling like a toddler, etc., but there are many others who are genuinely incontinent. What's nice about this site is that we are all supportive of each other regardless of circumstances. It's really a unique place to come together. So welcome!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back