Mental research behind Diaper Lover life.

Would you want to see professional research on the Diaper Lover lifestyle and/or fetish?

• Yes

Votes: 95 77.2%
  • undecided

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Professional research discussing the complexity of the Diaper Lover lifestyle and fetish is limited. If that research were to happen, multiple outcomes could result. Therapists would likely be more capable of assisting a Diaper Lover (in self acceptance, life management, stress coping or whatever), but we might also see negative attention fall on the community as well. Both good and bad could result.

If you had the choice, would you want to see professional research be conducted to explore and understand the Diaper Lover lifestyle and fetish?

If you are also an Adult Baby refer to this thread.

I do, but I would think if there was research, it should be done simultaneously with both diaper lovers and adult babies. They seem to go hand in hand.

dogboy said:
I do, but I would think if there was research, it should be done simultaneously with both diaper lovers and adult babies. They seem to go hand in hand.

To be honest with you, I wanted to do the poll that way, but I wanted to make sure that this gets seen by both the people who visit only the DL section, and the people who only visit the AB section. Plus I also thought it would be interesting to see if there was a split between opinions for those who identify as one or the other.

Yes. I would like to see more research being done. Yes, there could possibly be some negative feedback (though I doubt it'd be any worse than whenever there's some stupid Jerry Springer special about this), I'm always in favor of more research being conducted. Nothing is ever gained from choosing to remain ignorant about a topic.

Well I have about 20 Psychology Professors in my Phone maybe I should suggest to them assigning it as a project .

Tyger said:
To be honest with you, I wanted to do the poll that way, but I wanted to make sure that this gets seen by both the people who visit only the DL section, and the people who only visit the AB section. Plus I also thought it would be interesting to see if there was a split between opinions for those who identify as one or the other.

Okay, that makes sense.

I think if the community had input into it it would be great! My sister doing her PhD in psychology as we speak, her before research was on conduct disorder in girls, and while these were very difficult children it still seems like she was able to connect and understand them, and from talking to her real psychology papers are never meant to demonise people or an ideology. I think that due to the time theyd have to commit, instead of a report or a news story which would be comparatively short, would let them understand the actual reasons and why people do it.

Personally I believe it would conclude something about it being a coping mechanism, and harmless, but i guess it depends on the person and their research.

Sure, but I would think this research would have to go for several years and all different ages to really try to find out more. Researchers can't spend only a few months on it.

As a DL Myself and for years thought I was on my own until the dawn of the computer era ! I do have some theories, as I have tried to stop wearing Diapers and plastic pants and have never successfully Got rid of this habit/ fetish whatever you would like to call it ! I ran a website blog to find out other peoples views on this on a psychology website but due to some inappropriate Comments from persons from the dark side of this phenomenon the Blog was terminated !.
and what I learn't is that it could be a form of OCD Obsessional compulsive disorder a compulsion to wear such apparel as mostly I found in my research that it started with individuals around Puberty time ! the wearer definitely has a liking for the apparel but cannot seem to stop! I know that from my own experiences I managed to stop for about 6 to 12 months and then those urges to wear them came back even stronger. There is also a hint that if a person had been sexually assaulted as a child that could also be a contributory factor but my research that I had done found that even those whom have Not been sexually assaulted as a child can be drawn to wearing such apparel . With me I use them as a form of relaxation I don't defecate in them or urinate in them and find terry diapers and plastic pants more relaxing than disposables. it is more prevalent with Males but women do indulge in such activity!. It is not connected with Pedophilia in any shape or form and those whom answered my questions on being a diaper Lover one question I asked was: why do you wear them ? Another was : Why do you feel the need to wear a diaper and plastic pants? One Lady poster wrote that there is nothing wrong with wearing such apparel so long is that you are not hurting anyone then why not ! she also said that I should be at one with myself and accept it as part of me. I am married and my wife does accept me wearing such apparel although she does Not!but that is fine by me I have no wish to encourage her and certainly would never force her to indulge in wearing such apparel unless it became necessary due to incontinence!. I am happily married and brought up 5 children whom don't have this desire in adult life to wear such apparel .

I would be interested in the research and results. For most of us, this fetish and/or lifestyle has been a long road of self discovery and self diagnosis. I'm sure everyone's case would be different, as everyone has their own personal preferences on what they like and enjoy, but as of now, most people's insights to why we are who we are have been speculation and has lead to very few conclusions if any.

I would love to hear more information on what for many of us is the great unknown. Especially coming from a non biased or judgmental setting.

dogboy said:

Perhaps they do for adult babies, but not necessarily for diaper lovers.

My "main" fetish is omorashi, and I only got into diapers because of that. Personally I consider adult babies to be a completely different fetish, because it just doesn't interest me at all.

If the research paid the participants, I'm all for it. I made at least 500 dollars participating in research one year, so if I saw the flier, you can bet I'd pick up the phone.

No! Nothing like hard science to take the fun out of a thing.

If it was to be researched, I think the findings would point directly towards the autism spectrum and would also be linked to developmental disabilities. I don't know of any psychiatric disability that would have symptoms related to sensory processing issues. However, those problems are directly related to autism, developmental disabilities, and neurological defects (not mental, but neurological: strictly related to problems with the central nervous system).

Yes. I believe knowledge is power, and I believe that the age of easily accessible knowledge may help to dilute the stigma against our lifestyle.

Nam Repaid said:
No! Nothing like hard science to take the fun out of a thing.

Science isn't stopping people from drinking themselves into a stupor, so why would this bother our fixation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back