Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to quit DLism?

Cool How to quit DLism?

Well, I quit cold turkey for almost a year before, but then, for my birthday, I got a HUGE amount of money and that made me remember and I couldn't resist going down to the store and buying all the diapers I could a fford [$with 200]

Honestly, I definitely don't want to quit, but this is becoming a problem. Every time I have money, its down to Stop & Shop for me. I never have a chance to use my money on anything else unless for some reason I CAN'T go down to stop and shop. You have no idea how much money I would have right now if I didn't spend it all on diapers. It's really a pain in the a$$ when I think about it, and, as reluctant as I am, I think I need to quit.

So, How would you go upon quitting?
    Has anyone successfully quit?
    And don't worry, if I quit, I'll still come on here all the time. And I wouldn't quit forever, probably just till I get a job. I'd never forget about you guys.

Mesmerale

Quitting like that is what's killing you. If you keep trying to quit, you'll get overwhelmed later and do stuff like that.

Rather than quitting, try to control yourself and find a balance for this extreme binge-purge cycle you seem to have developed.

If you don't know what that is, this'll help. --> Binge/purge cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Quitting like that is what's killing you. If you keep trying to quit, you'll get overwhelmed later and do stuff like that.

Rather than quitting, try to control yourself and find a balance for this extreme binge-purge cycle you seem to have developed.

If you don't know what that is, this'll help. --> Binge/purge cycle

Oh, yeah I know what that is already. But you're missing my point. I never want to quit. I quit once, I have control. I'm not on a binge purge cycle. My problem is I use any money I come across toward diapers if I can.

I can't help myself.

Asher

Why don't you make some goals for yourself? Like if I can make it without buying diapers whenever I make money, go to a movie with some friends, or something like that. Whatever it is, it should be based on the something of the sort.

Controlling money is a big part of life. I've seen it grow to uncontrollable heights and seen it fall to the lowest possible levels (I live in Vegas; I see it on a daily basis). I think the one thing is that you should be responsible about the money; don't go all out spending it on diapers all the time. It doesn't require you to quit; just to be more careful and more responsible.

Anyways, good luck, I hope this has helped; let me know : )

Make a little chart with colourful stickers, that limits the amount of diapers you're allowed to wear!
    Having it structured and planned will help you reduce it down and budget better, and let's face it: A chart with stickers is fun! And may fill a little infantile gap left by the diapers.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    Oh, yeah I know what that is already. But you're missing my point. I never want to quit. I quit once, I have control. I'm not on a binge purge cycle. My problem is I use any money I come across toward diapers if I can.

I can't help myself.
    This is what I was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    Well, I quit cold turkey for almost a year before, but then, for my birthday, I got a HUGE amount of money and that made me remember and I couldn't resist going down to the store and buying all the diapers I could a fford [$with 200]
    You say you quit for a year, and then as soon as you had the money, you went out and bought a massive amount of diapers.

You just happened to tell us the story starting with purge, and then you binge.

Now you want to purge again, it seems like you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Make a little chart with colourful stickers, that limits the amount of diapers you're allowed to wear!
    Having it structured and planned will help you reduce it down and budget better, and let's face it: A chart with stickers is fun! And may fill a little infantile gap left by the diapers.
    Potty training when your already potty trained?

Anyways if someone really did want to quit they would have to give everything up that relates to being a DL/*B. That means this site and maybe even the people here.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    That's how my parents managed to get me out of the habit of wearing diapers at night around the age of 4. Damn simple psychology and its effects on little kids!

Peachy

If you quit you will stay off it for a few weeks, and then it will come hit you as a massive urge and need to have them, most definiately worse than before. Dlism is a lifestyle, not a hobby, therefore cannot just simply be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    That's how my parents managed to get me out of the habit of wearing diapers at night around the age of 4. Damn simple psychology and its effects on little kids!

Peachy
    Despite the immediate results, I'd say we have the living proof that it's not a very effective method on the long run...

As for the OP, I'd stick with the suggestion of keeping things under control, but without stopping all at once, because - after some time - sudden abstinence will only make you eager to spend even more money on diapers.

Anyway, if you've lasted one full year, your willpower is stronger than mine: the longest I've succeeded to quit was 3 or 4 months when I was 17 and, as everytime I stay diaperless for a certain period, the only result was making massive quantities of diaper dreams at night, just for waking up and realizing it was just a dream. Basically, I got tired with it and decided that I prefer reality to dreams.
    Last edited by quattrus; 28-Feb-2009 at 23:56. Reason: syntax revision