Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tena Slip Maxi (original)

Default Tena Slip Maxi (original)

Hey all, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I was just reordering another case of M4s from XP Medical and noticed they have new old stock of the original all-plastic Tena Slip Maxis (with tape landing zone) up for sale (only in size large, though). I figured I'd pop by here and let everyone know, considering how they had such a following. I've never tried them myself, but with such praise I had to add a case to my order!

I bought a case by mistake somehow missing the part about them being large. Oops!

So, has anyone tried out the Tena Slip Maxi (original)? Are they identical to the old Tena Slip Maxi, as the name seems to indicate?

Oh they are the same, new old stock, heh. They're out of them now, though. In fact I ordered a case and they were only able to ship me 2 packs! I'm glad to have the opportunity to try them though after all the hype. I really like how thin yet absorbent they are.

Interesting. I wonder if this is the same Tena Slip Maxi (original) that can be bought through Save Express. From the images (on Save Express) it seems like the old landing zone for the tapes is no longer present.

EDIT: I now noticed that it says "New design" on the case in the image on Save Express. I wonder how it can be "New design" and "original" at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ztrga View Post
    EDIT: I now noticed that it says "New design" on the case in the image on Save Express. I wonder how it can be "New design" and "original" at the same time.
    I think what they meant was "new design that's like our original that we stopped making"

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I think what they meant was "new design that's like our original that we stopped making"
    I guess that makes sense. I would really like to know how these diapers compare to the old Tena Slip Maxi.

Quote Originally Posted by ztrga View Post
    I would really like to know how these diapers compare to the old Tena Slip Maxi.
    Poorly.

They are plastic backed, but the side flaps are a thin fleece. Absorbency is not as good as the old Tena, and they tend to leak sooner. They also shouldn't be worn while lying down because the fleece side flaps will let liquid trickle out. Plus, the tapes seem to come off easily. I managed to accidentally rip them off twice.

Quote Originally Posted by eedoo View Post
    Poorly.

They are plastic backed, but the side flaps are a thin fleece. Absorbency is not as good as the old Tena, and they tend to leak sooner. They also shouldn't be worn while lying down because the fleece side flaps will let liquid trickle out. Plus, the tapes seem to come off easily. I managed to accidentally rip them off twice.
    Thanks for the warning! After some further research I found out that the Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi is a better alternative (completely plastic backed).

Yes, go for the Active Fit or none. The new Original is bad since the side flaps arent properly attached and won't hold the tapes themselves. Really makes them a lot smaller than advertised. And the CottonFeel is complete rubbish anyway and will loosen until it falls down, even without much usage.