Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toys you always wanted as a kid, and never got!

Default Toys you always wanted as a kid, and never got!

K, I thought this would be fun to discuss... Earlier tonight I was surfing around and I decided to for shits and grins look up the USS Flagg from GI Joe. Now, for those who don't know, this was THE TOY of the 1985 Holiday season. THIS was what I always wanted, but never got.

I always wanted that thing and I never got it. One of these days if I hit the lotto or I sell a book or something, I'll buy it. LOL. Now, it's everyone's turn to name one toy they always wanted, and never got.

WildThing121675

When I was little I can remember wanting an N64.. but I never got it because back then we were in poverty in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    K, I thought this would be fun to discuss... Earlier tonight I was surfing around and I decided to for shits and grins look up the USS Flagg from GI Joe. Now, for those who don't know, this was THE TOY of the 1985 Holiday season. THIS was what I always wanted, but never got.

I always wanted that thing and I never got it. One of these days if I hit the lotto or I sell a book or something, I'll buy it. LOL. Now, it's everyone's turn to name one toy they always wanted, and never got.

WildThing121675
    One word, Capsela.

Oh, erm... there was never anything that I really wanted that I didn't get.

I do know when I was 12 I wanted this Winnie the Pooh lounge set, but it was like 90 dollars, and my grama insisted that it was too much to pay for pajamas, lol... that's all I can think of.

Perhaps, but that was far overshadowed by the fact that I knew that I'd get all the books I could possibly read, and then some.

I can honestly say that I never wanted for anything; at least nothing that really mattered.

Legos (+ He-Man toys) + books = parents checking in on me every so often because they were worried, as I was very quiet.

YouTube - G. I. Joe - U.S.S. Flagg Aircraft Carrier (Commercial 1)

That's a commercial for the USS Flagg. lol. I still want the damn thing. Like I said, if I get rich, I'll offer a collector an ungodly amount of money for one of those things. lol.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    YouTube - G. I. Joe - U.S.S. Flagg Aircraft Carrier (Commercial 1)

That's a commercial for the USS Flagg. lol. I still want the damn thing. Like I said, if I get rich, I'll offer a collector an ungodly amount of money for one of those things. lol.

WildThing121675
    Oh my God, I remember those.

I actually got the plane around '82 or '83, I think. It. Was. Awesome.

I don't really recall...

At Christmas I'd usually have a 'big present' and then some little surprises. I was never that bothered about (traditional) toys, or if I was it was only for 5 seconds and then another advert came on.

I think I was quite a good kid in that I knew how much I would get, and so what I wanted was always reasonable (and it was heavily vocalised XD).