Diaper Changes are like the new Standard time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night for a diaper change and waking up wet to remind yourself that you're ruled by the diaper change... not the alarm clock or the work time clock, or the commuter rail schedule... nope its all about diaper changes.

Maxx said:
I thought not getting up was the point of diapers.... It is for me.

Soaked wet diapers... need to be changed... else wash the sheets...

um.... why not just wear thicker diapers?

bambinod said:
um.... why not just wear thicker diapers?

I find if the diaper is too thick, I do not sleep well....

have not yet found that happy middle ground.

shortsub said:
I find if the diaper is too thick, I do not sleep well....

have not yet found that happy middle ground.

try a medium thickness, high capacity, high pulp diaper. That won't swell in the crotch as much when wet, but should hold you over till morning. I'd suggest getting a bag each of the XP Medical's Absorbency Plus level 3 and level 4 to test. The 4's are thicker, but not quite as thick as a typical "thick" diaper with sap can get. (these aren't good for side-sleepers, they have NO leak guards, but due to really fast wicking it doesn't usually matter as long as you stay on your back) If you do end up leaking, odds are it will be out the top in the rear! (been there done that)

I have never met a diaper I couldn't sleep with, and if you do the math of 6 diapers a day 7 days a week 20+ years ,I have slept with a lot of them,both disposable and cloth.

Make sure you change right before bed and try a diaper that's medium thickness. I've never had any leak problems going through the night unless I go to bed in a diaper that's already wet.

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at night (unless I'm traveling then a Northshore Supreme). I have changed in the middle of the night before because I woke up super soaked and knew that one more wetting would mean soaked sheets. There are only two things you can do besides doing what you can to sleep well. Monitor fluid intake a few hours before bed or a more absorbent diaper. I do both because I hate getting up in the middle of the night for a diaper change or getting forced into a diaper change when I don't want one. Also, notice I said monitor fluid intake. I'm often dehydrated in the evening so I sometimes drink more water before bed, but only a moderate amount so as not to overdue it.

Like shortsub at first sleeping or even wearing a thicker diaper can be uncomfortable to wear or sleep in but once you wear a thicker diaper for a few days you stop noticing it. When I first started to wear premium thick diapers 24/7 all I thought about was the bulk now They don't look as thick as I first thought.

I went during the night and I have a plastic cover over my bed. You sort feel the difference and you can wet without ruining the mattress. As long as you wash it and put it back on your bed before bedtime, you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back