Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Amor arrived in the mail...

Default DC Amor arrived in the mail...

I ordered a sample pack of the new DC Amor, and they arrived today.
    I've yet to try them, as my girl doesn't live with me yet, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Thought I'd fire up a thread and tell everyone about my experience this far.

Late last year I sent an e-mail to DC about the fact that I can't order from the site. I simply can't select my country of residence in the drop down, so I asked if I could order by e-mail.
    I got no response, so I figured it got lost in the Christmas shuffle, and poked at them about it in late January. Shortly after my second message, I got a response, and since then the responses have been prompt and courteous. I'm very glad I didn't let the first impression of being ignored stick, and gave it another go.

After a short exchange I ordered a couple of Amors to try out. As my girl is between two sizes I ordered one of each at DC's suggestion.
    They arrived much quicker than I thought they would, having been shipped almost 5000 miles!

Now for the all important wear test, followed by the do-or-die wet test.
    My girl is *terrified* of leaks, so i hope they are up to it!

I put her in them earlier, and she is super happy.
    The crinkliness is amusing to me, but mortifying to her, just the way I like it. She is happy with the softness of it and prefer them even to the Tena Slip Ultima as of right now.
    We'll see when she wets it!

The Large is too large, though.
    We'll see how the Medium fits when I change her.

The Medium was a little too small, so we both agree that the Large is better.
    Passed the wetting test with flying colors, and the tapes turned out to be refastenable so long as we stay within the tape area on the front.

Super happy with them overall, and I'll be ordering a boatload of them.

Jeremy, the DC proprietor, was out sick just as I was going to order.
    That's the problem with his/their setup... As I'm not in the US, I have to order by e-mailing this guy. It would be very nice in deed to get some kind of feedback, and not have to deal with an @yahoo.com e-mail.

Oh well, I've made my order now, let's see how it works out.
    The diapers are good enough for me to accept the wonky business setup. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoshift View Post
    Jeremy, the DC proprietor, was out sick just as I was going to order.
    That's the problem with his/their setup... As I'm not in the US, I have to order by e-mailing this guy. It would be very nice in deed to get some kind of feedback, and not have to deal with an @yahoo.com e-mail.
    I'd imagine they have someone else responding to the company (ordering / customer service) email address even while Jeremy is out?

That's the e-mail I have, and where they/he are/is responding to customer e-mails.
    I got that one from his response to my filling out the contact form on the website, so it's as official as I could get a hold of.

Jeremy is actually a member here, just stick around, I'm sure he'll respond to it soon enough.

I believe he does all of this on his own.

Oh, yeah, he responded and everything is fine now.
    It just took a while as he has been sick. Bad luck on my part.
    It would have been very reassuring to get some kind of response, even an automated one, that my e-mail was received. I thought it might have been spam-filtered or something.

I checked them out earlier, and I kinda wonder: Are they always so expensive? I don't have much experience with premium diapers, but they seem to be the most expensive I've come across (12-pack costs 46 dollars). I noticed they said they're low on stock, so could priced potentially drop when they get more in? Eh, I'll probably be stuck with Abenas for quite awhile...