How do you guys handle taking baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I was just wondering, what do you guys do when you want to take a bath? I personally don't trust my bowels to hold for long enough, so kind of avoid them in favor of a quicker shower, I take baths sometimes but only if I have a swim nappy on, otherwise they're off-limits.

I wear a nappy in the bath anyway so it doesn't bother me. Yeh.. it balloons after a while! But that just makes it more fun! Most quality nappies won't explode or rip if you keep it on tight because the SAP only absorbs in the given space. It doesn't swell under pressure & expand until the nappy bursts. That's a common fear. And in any case, the Polymer is HP neutral & shrinks back to its' former self the next day.
Most of the time, nappies are as good as keeping water out, as they are keeping water in. Try it! Have fun & most of all, don't worry! :)

There are swim diapers, too :O
They are a bit expensive, though. At least more expensive than your usual diaper but they might be good for indulging in a bath once in a while?

I don't take baths anymore because I often find myself dozing off in the hot water and accidents tend to follow. In about a month I am actually heading to a doctor to see what is up with my kidneys and bowels, wish me luck.

My incontinence is urinary so if I have an accident in my bath I just get on with it. Used to pee in my bath as a boy , so it is just the same

derek245 said:
So I was just wondering, what do you guys do when you want to take a bath? I personally don't trust my bowels to hold for long enough, so kind of avoid them in favor of a quicker shower, I take baths sometimes but only if I have a swim nappy on, otherwise they're off-limits.

I rarely take baths, usually just shower. But for the rare occasion I do have a bath to soak in I just wear a regular diaper, I don't bother paying extra for swim diapers. It swells a lot but I haven't had any diaper explosions or had them burst for the few times I've had a bath.
Plus it's easier and less gross to wear a diaper and wash SAP down the drain if it does burst than a BM if I weren't wearing.
But yeah, I just wear a diaper if I do have a bath.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I don't take baths anymore because I often find myself dozing off in the hot water and accidents tend to follow. In about a month I am actually heading to a doctor to see what is up with my kidneys and bowels, wish me luck.

Good luck!! I hope it went well!

Derek,

Disposable swim diapers such as Swimmates or Swimsters would seem to meet your need. You mentioned a "swim nappy." What are you using?

Also, some with fecal incontinence find that inserting feminine hygiene tampons provides them with sufficient control to have the time to find a toilet.

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7)

I usually use Swimmates, I think I've used some other brands in the past here and there, though. I'm always a little paranoid that they wont hold, I can often give out a heavy load...

I don't worry because if I pee it's not a big problem. It doesn't matter if I'm in the shower or tub because I don't care if I pee as long as I diaper up after (which I always do).

Well, generally if I am able to i shower, but half the time I can not do so by myself due to physical issues. During which time I have to rely on my parents for help. they generally wait until right after I have had an accident to give me a bath so there is less of a chance it will happen while being bathed.

I only take showers, but rarely if ever poop in the shower, but I usually always do pee pee in the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back