Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Targeted Diaper Ads

Default Targeted Diaper Ads

I'm just curious, has anyone else started seeing targeted diaper ads from visiting ADISC? I've noticed things like huggies ads, training pants ads, pampers etc. start popping up sometimes on random sites (like if I'm visiting Wikia for a videogame or reading the news on a site with a an adbox on the side). I do browse this site in incognito mode on chrome, but somehow I'm still getting them. Not that I mind all that much, but it's still disconcerting to see that some sort of tracking thing is happening even through the supposedly private browsing mode (not surprising, but disconcerting).

Well, I can't say for sure it's from visiting ADISC, as I also use sites like FurAffinity and shop for diapers online, but I do get diaper ads. I recall one for the Honest Company diapers popping up on FurAffinity. I don't use incognito mode though.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Well, I can't say for sure it's from visiting ADISC, as I also use sites like FurAffinity and shop for diapers online, but I do get diaper ads. I recall one for the Honest Company diapers popping up on FurAffinity. I don't use incognito mode though.
    Mm, I do order online, so I guess I can't say it's ADISC for sure either. I haven't been on FurAffinity in a while though, so my options are definitely more narrow.

I do, even Skype is getting in on it! But I also buy diapers from a couple different online retailers, and a google survey at one point asked if I or a relative bought adult diapers and I did respond yes about 2-3 times a month.

I haven't ordered or even looked at diaper sites in quite a while, so my diaper ads have gone away. So I don't think ADISC is the problem.

Just a thought, I know that Amazon makes purchase suggestions based upon my search history on Google, so it wouldn't surprise me that the reverse would be true as well. I'd be surprised if the ads are the result of a visit here, especially incognito.

I have Adblock, so I don't get any ads. xP

Quote Originally Posted by ABDLNerd View Post
    I have Adblock, so I don't get any ads. xP
    Same with AdBlock. I visit this is in incognito mode, and there is a way to turn off suggestions from Google. So I doubt I would see anything even without adblock.

Do _not_ search for Adult Diapers on AliExpress/Alibaba.

You will get stalked.

Adverts? Are they those unwanted messages that people in the 1990s used to see everywhere?!

You want to get an ad-blocker, and something to block or delete tracking cookies, LSOs, etc. Set the browser to clear your cache and cookies on exit, and if you do social networking, use a dedicated browser profile.

I don't know about other browsers, but you can execute firefox with the -p option to open the profile manager and create or select a profile to use. And you can use the --no-remote option to open a subsequent firefox instance using a different profile to the first.