Depends briefs are not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I know the Depends products are fairly basic, and nowhere near as good as quality diapers, but IMHO they are not terrible either, particularly for wearing just for fun.

I don't think I would trust them if I suffered from actual incontinence issues, and had real uncontrolled accidents, but for ABDL playtime they are quite sufficient. I've been buying them on and off for years, and have used the diaper style with the button up elastic side tabs, and found those a bit awkward to fit snugly enough, therefore more prone to leaks, but the fitted briefs aren't to bad at all.

When I wear the fitted briefs, I am usually playing in my little mindset, and I pretend I'm wearing a pull up. If I tuck myself so I'm pointing down, and make sure the briefs are pulled up properly with the leg guards fitting snugly, I can manage quite a good sized wetting, providing I don't just let go all at once and flood it completely.

Having said that, I know some people, me included, like to occasionally fully flood a nappy after holding in for a long time with a lot of build up. Even if you have a good seal, the capacity is nowhere near that of better nappies, and they will overflow quickly.

But realistically I think they get a bit of a bad rap sometimes. They are cheap, available everywhere, and if managed properly can withstand a fair bit of punishment.

But I have learned to make sure they are pulled up and snug. I wouldn't trust one worn under my clothes for any period of time to not leak after even a mild dribble. But as a playtime accessory they do a decent job.

Yeah, Depends aren't terrible. There's just better ones out there, IMO.

For me and others, Depends were the first true adult diapers that we got our hands on. Before those I'd only had Goodnites, pull-ups and baby diapers. They were amazing when I first got them. I did have some problems with them. I usually only would use them for a single wetting and then change, since that's about all they could hold, it seemed.

After using them for a few years, I was able to get some premium ones online. I haven't gone back to Depends since. Are Depends terrible, no. They serve their purpose. I could see someone with mild / moderate wetting issues using them. But personally, I don't think I'll ever go back to using them. I'd rather get some of the premium diapers online. I get a better quality, more absorbent brief, and don't have the embarrassment and hassle of buying them in the store.

I remember the time that I had no clue that the premium diapers existed. All I knew about for adult diapers is what Walmart and rite aid carried. Then one time I met up with a diaper lover and he handed me an adult diaper that had teddy bears on it. I was like, "Oh my god! Where did you get these awesome diapers?!?" It turns out they were bambino diapers and I was introduced the world outside of store bought diapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose being that they're readily available, they do deserve a little respect. But I am one of those people you mentioned who likes to flood a diaper, I don't want to worry about pacing myself while wetting lmao. Depends were the first I bought so meh they'll have a place in my origin story lmao but I don't think I'll buy them ever again.

I am getting a free sample of depends in the mail actually. I'll see how I like them. I usually just use the Walmart Women's Assurance if I don't wear what I get from Awwsocute. Without considering that I love diapers, I actually have urinary incontinence and a leaky bladder. All stems from having to have surgery when I was about 4 because the band that is supposed to break around your bladder never did? I don't really know. My mom is an RN and she was saying something about a band on my bladder didn't break so they had to break it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I also get diapers from abuniverse.

:)

Here in NZ it seems you can only get them from pharmacies which I think was $35-$40 a pop. While not bad, and a good diaper for wearing to work, it's too expensive, especially when we have the Tena Maxi Slips, which over here are far away the best diaper available for $16.50, or $26.50 shipping included.

I wear Depends with tabs (6 tapes) every day. They are thin enough that you can't tell I'm wearing a diaper. I get 6 - 8 hours out of each one. Also, $11.97 for a package of 20 work well with my wallet.

Starfish said:
I suppose being that they're readily available, they do deserve a little respect. But I am one of those people you mentioned who likes to flood a diaper, I don't want to worry about pacing myself while wetting lmao. Depends were the first I bought so meh they'll have a place in my origin story lmao but I don't think I'll buy them ever again.

I am the same way. XD Depends where something that I had only gotten since it was the easiest to obtain from a store. Ever since I went premium I pretty much decided I would never go back. Even if I only had a little money, I simply wouldn't buy diapers if that was the case. I rather not waste it on mediocre diapers.

Starfish said:

Yeah, and for all of your information; for people with vaginas peeing a little and then stopping might introduce bacteria into the urethra and cause UTI so better flood and just.. let go every time :O

I agree the Depends pull ups are more cosmetic than functional.

I used their tape on diapers for years because I could not do any online ordering. Ever since coming out and having peace with my wife, I've exclusively used premium diapers.
This thread makes me want to go pick up a bag at the pharmacy for old time sake :)

My option of the depends are that most of them are rather useless in their absorbancy and function (I like my diapers think too not paper thin).

I don't think I'll ever be buying Depends again, except maybe for the sake of nostalgia and seeing just how poorly they compare to the premium brands I've been wearing for the last 5 years.

Depend should be listed as abuse/ neglect to an Incontinent or disabled person (at least their product in the states ) my dependable on a diaper to keep me dry is based on truth,what has done the job currently or in the past,not a name you can trust for legitimate protection unless your incontinence is only a drip drip drip kinda thing.

I like the depends with 6 tapes. I like the feel of the outer cover. I've been using them lately with a goodnites tru fit booster pad. should try it

They have a few thing going for them: Plastic backed, leak guards, decent tapes and readily available. Around here they cost almost as much as much more absorbent diapers from the medical supply store.

that is the kind i use wiht no problems

abdl36 said:
I like the depends with 6 tapes. I like the feel of the outer cover. I've been using them lately with a goodnites tru fit booster pad. should try it

I do like the cover. I totally have boosters and never thought to try them with depends. I think I'm gonna try that soon.

I remember the first time I ever bought these. I wanted a diaper with tabs and I found them, but I didn't know that they were plastic backed. I put one on and I remember it being huge and really different. I tried one after a few years of much more premium offerings and I was pretty disappointed TBH. Very thin, doesn't cover much, not very comfortable, absorbency is a joke, but I still buy them if I find them for cheap at the thrift store. They are good for if you want to wear for a short time.
Sadly, they are almost the only widely available adult diaper, and certainly the only plastic backed that normally shows up in stores. I will concede that they have leak guards, and it's astonishing to me how many of the medical supply specialty diapers don't. look at coviden and Attends waistband etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back