What do you do in 'the real world'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a student - I'm reading a Music Degree in London. So my profession would be music: playing the violin, singing, and conducting. It's a surprisingly small world.

Indianajones said:
I'm a student - I'm reading a Music Degree in London. So my profession would be music: playing the violin, singing, and conducting. It's a surprisingly small world.

...awe...I was hoping with a username like that you'd be an archeologist...

"We named the dog Indiana" - Good ending to a good trilogy. A TRILOGY. There never was or will be a fourth.

Mattew said:
...awe...I was hoping with a username like that you'd be an archeologist...

"We named the dog Indiana" - Good ending to a good trilogy. A TRILOGY. There never was or will be a fourth.

Just like Douglas Adams wrote a trilogy in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series...

Software technical writer. I write instruction manuals for computer software. Probably software that most of you have never heard of, and even if you did, you'd still wonder what it does. :)

ornitorrinco said:
Software technical writer. I write instruction manuals for computer software. Probably software that most of you have never heard of, and even if you did, you'd still wonder what it does. :)

Reminds me of my customer base where I work. Get a phone call about something the customer can't figure out. Did they bother to read the data sheet (or manual for your job)? Of course not...

I'm an elected official.

sbmccue said:
I'm an elected official.

How many votes did you get last time? to the nearest thousand?

MsClara said:
How many votes did you get last time? to the nearest thousand?

Why on earth would you think I'd answer that question? My profile already provides a pretty good indication of the region in which I live.

The OP asked what we did 'in real life.' I replied. I don't apologize for what I do; nor will I provide you with any additional detail.

sbmccue said:
Why on earth would you think I'd answer that question? My profile already provides a pretty good indication of the region in which I live.

The OP asked what we did 'in real life.' I replied. I don't apologize for what I do; nor will I provide you with any additional detail.

A rounded number of your votes in the last election would be an indication what level of politics you work at, but remains very ambiguous - unless you get into the millions....

Your profile says you live on Mars... although I see you support a team from Misssouri... Claire McCaskill! I knew it was you!

building contractor, 30 years I dont sit telling people what to do i work!! I do new houses, and renovate old ones from flooring
to roofs, i know plumbing. heating, electrical everything in building a house start to finish!!! i help habitat for humanity building . I build handicap ramps for churches i dont belong to for free!!! I was a certified master mechanic out of trade school , and i look forward to building more custom cribs I dont make alot of money but i enjoy and love my job!!!

I am currently on disability, but also going into the field of psychology.

Marketing director for hotels

I like to do small engine repair allthough it it can be a pain in the butt sometimes I also like to ride motorcycles only in adult mode

All I do is make stupidly overpriced coffee lol. Also in the middle of college for graphic design, but taking a break from classes for awhile.

Ironworking, structural steel. Can be fun, can also suck. I'd never wear to work though, probably against osha rules :laugh:

I am currently unemployed and frequently spend too much time on ADISC. I have done mechanical, electrical, and electronics repair in the past. Now, I am hoping to get more into the design part and am reading about microcontrollers (mostly Arduino) in my spare time.

I was going to school for journalism, but dropped out last summer so I can kind of just live and work for awhile and figure out what exactly I want to do. Right now I'm working as a prep/line cook at a popular local restaurant in my hometown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back