ABU Super Dry Kids v2 / Cushies v2 Review

markd91 said:
Bought a case of sdk’s lately, and they have changed their design again. The core is different and is taller up the front. Not a fan of it. Anyone else find this?

I just discovered this the other day when i finally ordered some more. The inside is now a blue color and the outer plastic has more of a rough texture to it. I am really displeased with the plastic. Seeing how it is supposed to be a replica of vintage diapers, it makes it less authentic in my opinion.

Reactions: Jbo and DanUt
gamefreak94 said:
I just discovered this the other day when i finally ordered some more. The inside is now a blue color and the outer plastic has more of a rough texture to it. I am really displeased with the plastic. Seeing how it is supposed to be a replica of vintage diapers, it makes it less authentic in my opinion.

I have some vintage Johnson disposable diapers, the Day/Night variety made some time around 1976, and the backing on the SDKs has a slightly smoother backing than the Johnsons, which actually feel a bit rougher. I do like the light-blue tint on the current batch, which gives them a more pleasant look. I'll take what I can get with the outer backing, because these are extremely reliable and perform very well for my anatomy.

OMG!!! I love these diapers! I haven't actually used them yet but I tried it on and it was so exciting to look in the mirror and it look identical to a babies bulky diaper. Cant wait to actually use them. Will keep an updated.

Great review!

I only recently noticed that the sizing for the ABU diapers recommend that you measure waist and hips. Then you are to use the larger measurement for the size.

My waist measurement falls into medium. My hip measurement falls into large. I am now experimenting with the large size to see if they fit better.

So I bought a ten pack of these super excited! I used the sample and thought it held up really well. I'm really small so I think this might be a factor in how well it performs.

pdiapered said:
So I bought a ten pack of these super excited! I used the sample and thought it held up really well. I'm really small so I think this might be a factor in how well it performs.
I have two actual vintage baby pampers. Not exactly the same but close. The plastic is slightly different. By the way I found the vintage pampers at a goodwill store. I actually used most of them. Kinda regret it.

Does anyone else feel like the tapes on these are never symmetrical - or is that a me problem? One side always seems longer than the other...

gamefreak94 said:
I just got some with the blue, I think their better than the original v2 design and I think the cut is better(more closer to the v1 design🙂) on these now because the wings don’t come down and cover my whole thigh making me look like I’m wearing granny panties. The plastic still sux cause it feels like the shower curtain texture and not the shiny,buttery smooth plastic like the v1. I also noticed that when I’m wearing them I don’t have the poofy duck tail in back on the butt like a original babies diaper had and like the v1 gave me , so that was a disappointment also, but all in all I feel these are a upgrade compared to the original v2 version.
I noticed on abu’s website that they upgraded the peekabu’s due to a lot of customer feedback and they went back to the original plastic on the peekabu’s... I wish they would do the same with the sdk’s by bringing the v1 version back but more thicker cause a lot of people liked the v1 but wished they were thicker cause those were an exact pampers replica. They had the right cut, perfect plastic backing and the padding shape .I feel when they say on their website that sdk’s are a 1990’s pampers replica that should mean the whole package deal ... the look ,design and cut, not just and only the print. I would also replace the clear tapes with white tape and get rid of the rear waist band cause the original pampers never had them.

Last edited:
pdiapered said:
I have two actual vintage baby pampers. Not exactly the same but close. The plastic is slightly different. By the way I found the vintage pampers at a goodwill store. I actually used most of them. Kinda regret it.
Hahaha I hear you those are a special diaper , it’s hard to just watch them sit there. I should check out goodwill someday, if I find some I’ll send it to Abu and tell them “this is what it should be like”!

Does anyone have any photos of the new SDK's? I'm a huge fan and currently wearing the older all white version

I must be a weirdo, but I LOVE the rougher plastic. It reminds me of the 1970's Pampers, plus I find it to feel a bit more supple. I've really always liked SDKs, and they've been through various revisions, but the current rough plastic is my favorite.

Reactions: LittleScotty
Back