Interesting feedback from a med supply store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcanyon

Est. Contributor
I asked a clerk at a medical supply store what percentage of diapers were sold to recreational users....her reply...about 25%. Quite a significant number.

she may have given that number as covering "all non-incontinent", which includes many more than AB/DL, as in all the people wearing for practical purposes.

The issue I see is that probably few people who buy their diapers at the store actually tell the clerk they wear them for pleasure. So unless her customers are particularly honest and forthcoming for some reason, I'm not sure how that could be an accurate number.

KimbaStarshine said:
The issue I see is that probably few people who buy their diapers at the store actually tell the clerk they wear them for pleasure. So unless her customers are particularly honest and forthcoming for some reason, I'm not sure how that could be an accurate number.

I bet if it's your business and you care enough to pay attention at least some of us will be casually obvious in a dedicated store. I agree that getting a hard number would be difficult but if anything, it's probably higher than they think.

Which medical supply store is this and what diapers do they sell?

Over on Reddit there was a thread about a medical supply store that started carrying ABU stuff. And the new owner of ABU asked people to try to convince their local medical supply store to contact him and get some sales going.

That could just be the number of people that buy without a prescription or something like that.

i stopped by a local medical supply store recently, for the second time in three months, to buy another pack of medium tranquility atns (squeee!), in cash again. this time they asked me for my name and address, and trying not to be a jerk i gave it to them. absentmindedly i asked "you won't be sending me a receipt or anything, will you?" haha, so now they know i (1) buy irregularly, (2) pay cash, (3) don't want mail... figure i'd now be labeled a recreational user, if they're really that curious! :-D

The clerk Ispoke to was familiar with the abdl population so her estimate of rec users was specific to those who wear for reasons other than incontinence.

If anything, I would imagine that percentage is low. If all of the manufacturers knew how many people were using their products recreationally, I'm sure they'd introduce a raft of new products that many of us would enjoy.

Gcanyon said:
The clerk Ispoke to was familiar with the abdl population so her estimate of rec users was specific to those who wear for reasons other than incontinence.

but how can she know for sure if someone is buying for recreational or medical reasons? You can't just assume that all younger people are buying recreationally.

INTrePid said:
but how can she know for sure if someone is buying for recreational or medical reasons? You can't just assume that all younger people are buying recreationally.
I was in my twenties when I lost my continence and bought Attends,of course over the years I have "fallen " into enjoying my diapers and become a DL and I can tell a diaper wearer from half a block away because ass level is what I see all day long from my chair.

That is interesting.

20 years ago I though I was the only person in the world who was into diapers. Now I look at the ABDL map and see at least a dozen in my general area and every year there are more and more.

I often wonder just how many people do like wearing diapers? I have a feeling its more than some people will admit...... like adult diaper manufactures.

One thing is for sure. The community is growing and more and more people are coming out. Just look at all the specialty diaper manufacturers that have come about in the past 5 years.

Merp said:
When you say prescription, are you speaking of medical coverage? I don't know if any place that will say "I'm sorry, but with out a doctors note, I can't sell you adult diapers".

Yeah, they may have just taken your question as wondering how often people purchased without having a stated prescription so that they can put them on insurance. But yeah, you're right, since diapers aren't a controlled substance you don't need a prescription to make the purchase, just if you want your medical insurance to cover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back