Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting feedback from a med supply store

Default Interesting feedback from a med supply store

I asked a clerk at a medical supply store what percentage of diapers were sold to recreational users....her reply...about 25%. Quite a significant number.

she may have given that number as covering "all non-incontinent", which includes many more than AB/DL, as in all the people wearing for practical purposes.

The issue I see is that probably few people who buy their diapers at the store actually tell the clerk they wear them for pleasure. So unless her customers are particularly honest and forthcoming for some reason, I'm not sure how that could be an accurate number.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    The issue I see is that probably few people who buy their diapers at the store actually tell the clerk they wear them for pleasure. So unless her customers are particularly honest and forthcoming for some reason, I'm not sure how that could be an accurate number.
    I bet if it's your business and you care enough to pay attention at least some of us will be casually obvious in a dedicated store. I agree that getting a hard number would be difficult but if anything, it's probably higher than they think.

Which medical supply store is this and what diapers do they sell?

Over on Reddit there was a thread about a medical supply store that started carrying ABU stuff. And the new owner of ABU asked people to try to convince their local medical supply store to contact him and get some sales going.

That could just be the number of people that buy without a prescription or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ClickyKeys View Post
    That could just be the number of people that buy without a prescription or something like that.
    When you say prescription, are you speaking of medical coverage? I don't know if any place that will say "I'm sorry, but with out a doctors note, I can't sell you adult diapers".

i stopped by a local medical supply store recently, for the second time in three months, to buy another pack of medium tranquility atns (squeee!), in cash again. this time they asked me for my name and address, and trying not to be a jerk i gave it to them. absentmindedly i asked "you won't be sending me a receipt or anything, will you?" haha, so now they know i (1) buy irregularly, (2) pay cash, (3) don't want mail... figure i'd now be labeled a recreational user, if they're really that curious! :-D

The clerk Ispoke to was familiar with the abdl population so her estimate of rec users was specific to those who wear for reasons other than incontinence.