Just read this Interesting == Advanced Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots and lots of big words. But what I understood of it. Yes absolutely. There I using big words.

I don't really know what to call the way I am. But "little" seems to fit.

I really like the way I have chosen to live. It is easyer for me. Even with things like bed time and naps. Which grow up may not have.

Have a daily schedule helps me Focus and even hyperfocus on things.

And I got a gold star from my manager today. I think he know.
Will with the one lines I was comming out with a the team meeting. And at one point saying that I did not won't to play any more. Prity shore he know a still a child.

It not about act childish it not about acting at all. It just being child like. See things as children seem to do. If that is what's call being little, then you find me in my den play with my toys.

That what I think.

Thanks for sharing this.

Sisi

The source is of course, Ms. Kathii Stringer.
She is Transgender, and from what I understand, an Adult Baby.
Yes, I admit to remaining child-like in many ways.

I had to laugh at all of this. I think it's mainly tongue in cheek, putting the horse before the cart. In this case, she's inferring that we're babies first, pre-gressing into adulthood when we need to pretend to be an adult so we can make a living, interact with straight society, etc. If you were really like the adult baby she is talking about, you might be in need of a lot of psychological counseling.

I think dogboy might be a bit off-base on this. I can see that most of us are adults that 'transform' into littles or babies when needed but I can envision that for some people, it truly may be the reverse - being a little or baby and transforming into an adult when needed.

Not sure if this is testable or not.

dogboy said:
I had to laugh at all of this. I think it's mainly tongue in cheek, putting the horse before the cart. In this case, she's inferring that we're babies first, pre-gressing into adulthood when we need to pretend to be an adult so we can make a living, interact with straight society, etc. If you were really like the adult baby she is talking about, you might be in need of a lot of psychological counseling.

May I ask how being primarily a baby and transferring into adult mode when necessary is any different than being an adult and transferring into baby mode? the psychology is the same.

LittleBelle said:
May I ask how being primarily a baby and transferring into adult mode when necessary is any different than being an adult and transferring into baby mode? the psychology is the same.

No no no, the result is the same/similar, the psychology though is certainly not. If anything this would raise so many bizarre questions XD.

dogboy said:

Hi Sis I hear.

' psychological counseling.' Perhaps I do. But I rather be little. Than unhappy.

I did not understand all of the article. But the bits I did I could relate to.

OK so they are coming to tack me away. Hee, haha hoho.

caitianx said:
The source is of course, Ms. Kathii Stringer.
She is Transgender, and from what I understand, an Adult Baby.
Yes, I admit to remaining child-like in many ways.

I did not know she is Transgender.

I also admit to remaining toddler-like in many ways. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

babylea said:
Hi ive just read this article,,

http://www.toddlertime.com/dx/regression/advanced-baby.htm

just thought i would post it..

cheers
babylea

Nice find, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I can see her point at which, "true infantilism mistakenly for a fetish". I guess that is why some argue or get a little upset over this. Either way I still like my AB side or Advance Baby side. :biggrin:

dogboy said:
I can see why you would think that way. But reading the article i don't think that's what she's saying.

I think she's talking about people, beyond the scope of abdl by the way, that have grown up and mature normally just like anybody else but have retained a part of their younger selves.

I can certainly identify with this, i've always felt comfortable with my age but at the same time i feel like i'm still imature and silly as well as being mature, i've also had the desire to regress and feel younger since i was 3.

Also, now that i think of it i think prefer the term advanced baby rather than adult baby to be honest :)

Hm...Interesting

LittleBelle said:

Haha...I don't even know where to begin except to say that perhaps the Republican and Democratic field of candidates are indeed babies, functioning with little baby IQs and pretending to be adults. The rest of us, if we have healthy, normal brains and psychological function do something called maturing as we age.

I have to ask, have you studied child psychology, because there has been a lot of studies written on the stages of development, from dependence to self discovery, discovery and awareness of the world around you, the me stage and then the acknowledgment of you and others, and finally to independence.

If we were really living at a developmental stage of a baby, we couldn't survive on our own. We would have limited physical coordination, infantile cognitive skills and the list goes on. There are developmental conditions that do limit adults making it difficult to live in the adult world. Think how demanding the world is, especially in the job market. For the most part, society educates us, something that happens through our parents and the educational system. We learn social skills, learn how to interact with one another, learn to respect boundaries and follow laws and rules of society.

For those who can't for what ever reason, mature and develop, find themselves as part of the social services that advanced societies provide. In poorer nations, they often don't survive. The world is a tough place to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Zendot said:
I can see why you would think that way. But reading the article i don't think that's what she's saying.

I think she's talking about people, beyond the scope of abdl by the way, that have grown up and mature normally just like anybody else but have retained a part of their younger selves.

I can certainly identify with this, i've always felt comfortable with my age but at the same time i feel like i'm still imature and silly as well as being mature, i've also had the desire to regress and feel younger since i was 3.

Also, now that i think of it i think prefer the term advanced baby rather than adult baby to be honest :)

You may be right. I read the first half and lost interest in it. It just seemed odd to me.

Reactions: HoganBunny
Just gonna pull this apart a bit. I think I agree with it a bit.

Throughout the article there seems to be a theme to the effect that ABs are children on the inside.
They can present with vestiges of adult maturity, while cloaking their infantile true self in the guise of adulthood.
They can be found in classified and sensitive high-level operations within government, and all the while it is just a masque of a highly developed intellectual child.
the trend for immaturity is everywhere. It has become unfashionable to be mature.
See, I don't agree with this. I feel little - although to a lot lesser extent than I think most people who identify as such feel little - but I also think I'm quite mature. I'm in the arts. I need to deal with emotionally stressful situations with calmness, reserve and logic - and I like to flatter myself that this is something I in fact do. I think I do have maturity! I just think it's overlaid over earlier immature layers that have left imprints in the result.

This having been said, the essay True Infantilism cited in the article (Stringer, 2002) seems to agree with my theories about infantilism, and I can relate to a lot of it:
A person may view true infantilism mistakenly for a fetish. There is a stark difference since the desire for the object occurred before puberty.
The energized transitional object offers relief from separation anxieties from the maternal figure and/or provides a sense of recreation of a period lost in grief.
My mother was an unfit parent and my father got custody. It was a stressful separation (my mother had a mental illness that made her delusional and violent, and she didn't take her medication). If Stringer is on the money, that could do a lot to explain why I'm AB. I distinctly remember envying other kids who were in diapers back when I was like, 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back