Abu simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1070

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I love the space diapers but I need something plain. Does anyone have any pictures up close of the Abu simple diaper. Thanks

I'll be ordering my first case of them shortly. Based on the pictures on ABU they should be plain white which is why I'm ordering them.

Thanks. I was wanting to see close ups of the inside to see build quality. I hate buying and the padding will be to far to one side. More plastic on one side of the leg gathers and so on.

hunter1070 said:
I love the space diapers but I need something plain. Does anyone have any pictures up close of the Abu simple diaper. Thanks

There's not much to see. The entire shell is white, the pull on the end of the tapes is blue but the tape is otherwise white. The only marking on the diaper is way off to the sides on the front tape panel (which is clear, so shows the white shell under it) where it is marked "ABU" with their logo, in black. This logo isn't visibe once you tape on your diaper, as the rear wings fold around to attach to the front and cover it. There is also no wetness indicator. IMHO it's the best all-white diaper available right now.

The Bambino Bianco or the Tykables Tighty Whities are also all-white, and neither of them have ANY logo or print on them, but they're lower capacity. The Wellness Superio is all white except for the wetness indicator, which is faint blue dots until wet when it turns to smudged blue, and is the thinnest of the bunch. Finally, XP Medical offers the Absorbency Plus in level 3 and 4 thickness. They're high pulp, have no leak guards, and single chance tapes with no retape panel. The level 4 is comparable in capacity and have a similar wetness indicator as the Superio, with a silky smooth shell, and they are the least expensive.

Thanks for the info.

I just ordered 2 cases of the large simple. I will post pics when I receive them

I have a case of them. The feel is great and might be one of my favorite diapers soon. So far no leaks let. Great feel, great fit, and great comfort.

BabyToddler said:
I have a case of them. The feel is great and might be one of my favorite diapers soon. So far no leaks let. Great feel, great fit, and great comfort.

And great capacity! Drank quite a bit last night, woke up this morning after what had to have been numerous heavy wettings, and still somehow had 4" of dry padding in the back, despite being a very heavy diaper hitting the can when I got up. I don't think I've ever hit capacity on these things, they're amazing.

bambinod said:
And great capacity! Drank quite a bit last night, woke up this morning after what had to have been numerous heavy wettings, and still somehow had 4" of dry padding in the back, despite being a very heavy diaper hitting the can when I got up. I don't think I've ever hit capacity on these things, they're amazing.

>:IIII ooohhhh I need to get my hands on these some day!! grrr!!
I'm trying to keep my budget for diapers reasonable, I buy all the diapers I use per year in one go usually, but dagnabbit if these USA import diapers keep me curious!!
ABLDfactory seems to sell most American import diapers.. so expensive... hmmm maybe for my birthday!

e04698819f5de336745e24f3a99d9195.jpg
10d0ce654a8b0d43bc334ff4ea3dc3ec.jpg
158abb465418fc5b58244952cfc38d40.jpg

I want these so badly. I have never been a fan of designs or really any print on my diapers, but depends suck. I would love to be able to wear these.

Thanks for posting the images. They look like they would have some good utility.

If u want any more pics let me know

hunter1070 said:
If u want any more pics let me know

I actually *DO* have one question: Does the plastic backing have a dull, rubbery texture, or is it shiny and smooth? The main turnoff with the Space Diapers was that rubbery, dull texture on the outer backing. Let me know, thanks.

Honeywell6180, if you don't want to shell out for the Abu simple, you could always try the Betterdry nappies, these do have a silky smooth outer shell, got a little crinkle but not that much.
I didn't like them at first but they've grown on me.
Only downside is that they don't have a landing strip. Soon resolved with some clear packing tape.
If you like nappies that swell like no other then give em a try.

Honeywell6180 said:
I actually *DO* have one question: Does the plastic backing have a dull, rubbery texture, or is it shiny and smooth? The main turnoff with the Space Diapers was that rubbery, dull texture on the outer backing. Let me know, thanks.

It has a dull rubbery feel to it

hunter1070 said:
It has a dull rubbery feel to it

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back