Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy odor at work.

Lozza1979

Default Nappy odor at work.

I wear at work as it's more convenient then climbing the six flights of stairs every time I need the toilet. Often I wet at work and more often than not I turn up wearing an already wet nappy, sometimes even the one I've slept in if I'm running late and don't have time to change. I'm worried though if it's possible co-workers can smell I'm wearing a wet nappy or if it's just me being paranoid. I mean, It's not like they're sniffing my crotch or anything. It's just that I worry they talk behind my back that they can smell it. If they have noticed they haven't shown any signs. Has anyone here been told someone can smell their wet nappy, even under clothes?

MarchinBunny

The only time this has ever occurred is when even I can smell it. So if someone was sitting next to me, I would imagine they would be able to smell it too. Although .. I don't know if they would think it was a wet nappy unless they knew you wear them. They just might think you stink.

If you are not sitting next to anyone and you, yourself can't smell it, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The only exception to this is if you work in an enclosed space. The smell can build up there. So if you smell that your nappy is starting to stink and you work in an enclosed space, I would say it's best to change.

well unless you've been eating asparagus or something. I really wouldn't worry. If you can't notice it yourself I doubt anyone else will. Nearly all brands of nappies have some form of odour control too. x3

Urine takes quite awhile to break down and start smelling. Unless you're just spending an excessive amount of time between changes, or have something funky in your diet, you're probably fine.

Back when I was at this one grocery store, I didn't get the chance to change, so when the smell was brought up I mentioned how I was just on garbage duty and that I had to remove a rotten fish from the parking lot, both of which I did that day.

I can't imagine going to work in a diaper I slept in that was already wet. There are some things I won't do. I make the time to avoid that. As to the rest, unless you're consuming something that affects the smell of your urine, you're probably okay.

Once again Trevor said exactly what I was going to say. Under no circumstances would I go to work in a nappy I had wet the night before. That is asking for a smell problem. A clean diaper should eliminate most of your problems, but like others have said, if you can smell it, so can others.

If you are referring to me, I was clean going to work, but do to some issues at the time, daytime accidents were somewhat common.

I think almost nobody would tell you to your face. If several people have noticed it and it annoys them, or especially if you are also annoying to others, then they will collectively complain to your boss who will have the unpleasant task of bringing up the subject of odor with you. I suppose you could douse yourself in perfume or cologne to cover it up. A lot of people wear too much of that stuff and I would wonder what they are covering up. Sorry if that sounds harsh...not trying to be.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I can't imagine going to work in a diaper I slept in that was already wet. There are some things I won't do. I make the time to avoid that. As to the rest, unless you're consuming something that affects the smell of your urine, you're probably okay.
    I don't do that anymore. I make sure I put a fresh one on every morning.