Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Barbies!

Hmm?
    They look interesting.
    But, would "Ken" like them?
    Of course, I have had fantasies of "Barbie" dating and marrying "G. I. Joe" instead of "Ken".

Sorry I do not think it is right to discourage kids from a healthier lifestyle by providing a fat barbie doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Sorry I do not think it is right to discourage kids from a healthier lifestyle by providing a fat barbie doll.
    They already did that by making the original Barbie unrealistically thin, tall and of rare proportions. Under 1% of the world's women can actually look like that.
    The "fat" doll they made is not even fat, it looks just like a normal woman, she's not obese and I would not even call her "fat" either.

This is actually a counterstrike against the health issues caused by bad body image and eating disorders caused by several decades of ultra-thin, anorexic dolls for girls.

Caitianx, that sounds funny, but also good xD
    Now I want to see Barbie and G.I Joe Crossover! Ken is really boring anyway.

Some of the comedians on late night American TV have been having fun with this. They wonder when Mattel will come out with an anatomically correct Ken.

To be honest, a Ken doll who is not super ripped or who is a bit chunkier would be really cool, too.

Now little girls can find out their doll clothes don't fit the body shape they have just like real women.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    They already did that by making the original Barbie unrealistically thin, tall and of rare proportions. Under 1% of the world's women can actually look like that.
    The "fat" doll they made is not even fat, it looks just like a normal woman, she's not obese and I would not even call her "fat" either.

This is actually a counterstrike against the health issues caused by bad body image and eating disorders caused by several decades of ultra-thin, anorexic dolls for girls.

Caitianx, that sounds funny, but also good xD
    Now I want to see Barbie and G.I Joe Crossover! Ken is really boring anyway.
    Years ago there was a Japanese Car Commercial that had Barbie "dumping" wimpy Ken and going out with macho guy G. I. Joe in his Subaru Sports Car.

Oh! I did create a video on YouTube of a couple of my 12" G. I. Joe action figures, where one of them is talking about banging Ken's wife, Barbie behind his back.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops!

Here is the commercial, and sorry, not Subaru, but Nissan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwMG7ifuTjQ

Interesting. They should make Barbie and Ken age a bit with corresponding differences as one gets older. Who can imagine Ken with a "middle aged paunch" and "receeding hairline." They could also make it more realistic by having Barbie continually texting, and Ken ignoring her while watching sports on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    They already did that by making the original Barbie unrealistically thin, tall and of rare proportions.
    Barbie did start out as a adult men's toy a kinda German dominatrix thing.