Issues With Order From XP Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

englogic1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm shocked that I'm writing this after all the great things I have heard about XP Medical, but I am very unhappy with it right now. On Wednesday I ordered online for the first time from them and I have not yet received a tracking number for the order. I received a transaction confirmation but no tracking or shipping info at all yet. It is vital that I receive a tracking number so that I can inform USPS to hold my package for pickup. If it gets shipped to my apartment directly I will be very upset since it is so risky and I do not want one of my roommates to open my package. I have emailed "[email protected]" to ask about tracking information/the status of my order and received no response. What do you suggest I do?

Last edited:
I wouldn't fret just yet. XP is a solid company that I've ordered from many times without issue. They are, without a doubt, awesome.

One word of warning, however: they have a very simplistic ordering system. You put your email in once and that's it. If you happened to have incorrectly entered your email then you may not get the notifications. If you suspect this is the case then you might want to email them with what you ordered, including your address, so they may find your order.

That being said, I've never had issues with them and I've used them for many an order over five or more years.

You won't receive a tracking number until after the order has actually shipped, which can take a day or two sometimes. I usually only get the tracking number the night before the package arrives so there's a time slot of maybe 12 hours where you can type the tracking info into their system and request that they hold the package. It can be nerve racking I know, but XP almost always sends out an email with tracking info before the package arrives.

They use fed ex as there shipper

Yeah you should get a tracking number soon. I would give them a call. Also you can tell them to hold at location when you order. You just need to know where the closest Fed ex location is

Never had a issue with XP shipping my diapers not once. And yes they use USPS AND Fed Ex they have USPS Priority Mail Fed Ex Ground and Fed Ex 2nd day air. Historically USPS Priority mail is not the best option in my opinion they are getting slower and slower and with fewer and fewer processing centers mail is getting left behind or misdirected. And yes They will give you a tracking number as others state relax. And as others state make sure you type your email address correct otherwise you wont get the email with the info. Do not forget we have had a few federal holidays lately and things are delayed. 1-888-485-2268 Is the phone number.
Also I see they got a new Diaper in the ID Slip that will ship from Holland Michigan Warehouse so as per XP Left coast orders will take a bit of time to get out west.

When I've ordered from them, I generally don't get tracking information until just a day or two before delivery.

Today I received the package of diapers to my front door. I never received a tracking number and all my messages to XP Medical were ignored. Luckily I was the only one home at the time and discovered the package outside before any of my roommates did. I have a Dry 24/7 on right now and its great but it looks like I won't be ordering from XP Medical again, unfortunately.

I like to use ebay when i can they are always fast on tracking and response and privacy but you pay a little more for things also i love amazon fast ship private tracking etc!! xp medical and alot of other ones like are small companies with slow response but always come threw. i will continue with xp but i understand your waiting and waiting!!! enjoy your 24'7 molicare for me then dc amour tonight

XP has always been a great supplier to me though tracking and need to intercept shipping is not an issue for me. Looking back the shipping email does tend arrive when the diapers do. That's quick shipping!

To the OP you made your post on the 29th which was Friday. They may have been closed. I've never had an issue with delivery, but I do the free FedEx shipping as I buy a case at a time.

If you are that paranoid about what you are getting shipped to you, it is on you to find a safe solution. I have a private mailbox at a store called PakMail. Basically I have a street address and a suite # as part of the address, all my regular mail and any packages are signed for and I am notified when a package arrives. Cost is 120 a year.

Benefits are no packages being stolen, nobody snooping (I let it slip that I use diapers once), no wet mail or packages, I can send and receive faxes, discount on shipping too. My store lets me meet clients there of need be, and I've had clients drop off payments which he puts in my box for me.

Using the usps is very unreliable, they've been known to sit on packages for a few days if they don't want to have to deliver it. They've done that with Amazon packages

Sometimes it takes a while to get tracking from them, once in a while I don't get the tracking. I created a free account a good while back with fedex and it usually automatically detects new packages going to my address. Fedex is actually three different companies, Fedex, Fedex Ground, and Fedex Home Delivery. XP Medical uses the cheapest option, Home Delivery. I live behind a key coded area and Home Delivery never delivers and becomes a headache, so I always hold at fedex store, sometimes I do it with ground as well. If you plan on ordering from them a lot, I'd recommend making a free account on fedex's site, saves a lot of headache. I think northshore uses the same delivery as well.

To the OP - I'd contact them BEFORE ordering if you're that concerned in the future. Not bash their customer service because you made a hasty decision.

JMHO

babybobby said:
To the OP - I'd contact them BEFORE ordering if you're that concerned in the future. Not bash their customer service because you made a hasty decision.

JMHO

The email I received from XP Medical confirming the transaction explicitly mentioned that they would send another email with tracking information upon shipment of the order. This did not happen. In what world is it reasonable to contact every company before ordering from them so that they will be sure to do as they said they would and offer halfway decent customer service? Honestly, that suggestion is absurd. Also, I contacted them twice through email and was ignored. This is not bashing their customer service; this is simply a fact. I made no hasty decision whatsoever. I did my research and was told that XP Medical has great customer service and would ship USPS if I selected that option. Your honest opinion is not exactly an intelligent one so thanks for that although it is not useful or helpful.

The thing about customer service is that you really only have one chance to make a first impression on a customer. Completely blowing that chance by sending no tracking information as well as ignoring all messages from the buyer is not a good first impression.

- - - Updated - - -

mattyd said:
Sometimes it takes a while to get tracking from them, once in a while I don't get the tracking. I created a free account a good while back with fedex and it usually automatically detects new packages going to my address. Fedex is actually three different companies, Fedex, Fedex Ground, and Fedex Home Delivery. XP Medical uses the cheapest option, Home Delivery. I live behind a key coded area and Home Delivery never delivers and becomes a headache, so I always hold at fedex store, sometimes I do it with ground as well. If you plan on ordering from them a lot, I'd recommend making a free account on fedex's site, saves a lot of headache. I think northshore uses the same delivery as well.

I will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks very much for your advice!

There may be technical reasons for the email failures as well. You should at least login to your webmail and check to see if it's there and was somehow mishandled by your computer's email app. (or marked as junk etc)

Question... Did you ever pick up the phone and actually Call them? They have great phone support.

XP Medical has some of the best customer service in the industry and I've been ordering from them for ~10 years. Any issue I've ever had has been quickly corrected and has exceeded expectations.

E-mails can get lost (spam folders, ignored, accidentally deleted, etc).

englogic1 said:
Completely blowing that chance by sending no tracking information as well as ignoring all messages from the buyer is not a good first impression
So you say the only email you've gotten from them was the initial one indicating the payment has been processed (subject line "approved transaction", comes from the eprocessingnetwork.net domain), but you're missing the tracking email from XP (subject line "shipment information for your order" from the xpmedical.com domain).

The thing is, if their system is implemented in any remotely sane way those tracking emails would be automated. Receiving a tracking email late would indicate a failure of their system. However, the fact that you've received no emails from the xpmedical.com domain (remember, the approved transaction email isn't actually from XP) makes me think it's an email issue. The emails aren't getting through, and are likely being blocked by someones spam filter. Keep in mind that those tracking emails are going to be high volume and repetitive enough that they might trip some spam filters to just block the domain entirely. Yahoo and Hotmail are notorious for randomly blocking stuff.

All that to say, have you tried calling them? Because if it is a technical problem instead of actual shoddy customer service it's quite likely they're not even aware of the issue (especially if you used an obscure email). Your support emails would likely never reach them, and even if they did the replies would never reach you. It would be a shame to write off a small company because of an email issue that may very well be outside of their control.

It does appear to have been an email issue. Gary from XP Medical did get back to me a couple days after I received the package. He believes there may have been a technical issue with the email. He also apologized for not answering my earlier emails and sending tracking information manually since it was clear I never received any. I am not writing off this company, especially since Gary responded, explained what may have been the issue, and apologized.

Xpmedical is the best, most consistent source to mail order diapers from, glad aren't going to give up them just yet. Why would your roommates think it's ok to open your package? I don't understand it.

englogic1 said:
It does appear to have been an email issue. Gary from XP Medical did get back to me a couple days after I received the package. He believes there may have been a technical issue with the email. He also apologized for not answering my earlier emails and sending tracking information manually since it was clear I never received any. I am not writing off this company, especially since Gary responded, explained what may have been the issue, and apologized.
Not surprising in the least from Gary. I had been ordering Abena M4's for quite a while through XP Medical (now use their A+ Level 4) and Abena came out with the new cloth back diapers. I ordered a case of them instead of the older plastic backed M4's by mistake and figured I'd try them anyway. I wrote Gary a review of them after I had gone through most of the case, wanting to make sure I knew how well the diapers performed before I said anything. I did not have good things to say about them.

Gary responded directly to me, thanking me for my feedback and indicating he would be sending it along to Abena as well. He was very nice and understanding about the matter, and grateful for the feedback regarding the product. He's always been a good businessman from everything I have seen and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back