Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, one of these again

Default Yes, one of these again

Alrighy then...

Well i have been feeling like I want to talk to someone about my DLism. I have this friend, she is the same age as me, very open minded and a liberal. We have been not BEST friends, but like in school friends that talk alot. I feel I can trust her with anything and infact I can. She helped me through some VERY tough times and stood by me. I have been wanting to tell her that I like to wear diapers, for sometime now. I realize that nothing can really come out of this, except maybe she likes them too...lol ya like that'll happen. The only thing I see comming out of this is getting it off my chest and talking to someone about it.

The bad that I see, is that she may think "wow this kid is a freak, he should be drawn and quartered".

I think it isnt likely, but she may reject me forever and think I am freak. But, again unlikely.

What do you all think??? Should I not do it? Should I give it some thought first? OR should I bite the bullet and do it?

Your experiences and knowlage is needed please and thank you!

If you think that you can trust her, go for it. Worst thing that could happen is that she says you're a freak. If that does happen, well... Looks like she's not a very good friend. :]

Actually, worst case scenario: She thinks you're a freak and goes on telling everybody what a freak you are. Not that it sounds likely from how you describe here, but the possibility is there.

If you really want to tell her, try easing into the subject. Try to bring up the topic of fetishes and get a general feel for how she looks at them and the people who have them. Especially the weirder ones (like diaper fetishism). In case she seems to have a problem with it, don't tell her. If she doesn't, still think hard about it and then possibly tell her. That's what I did with one of my friends, and after making sure he wouldn't think a person with a strange fetish is a freak I told him.

Whatever happens, good luck!

Darkfinn

Sometimes the urge to tell someone is just a part of the fetish... AB/DLs can get a naughty thrill when other people know that they are wearing.

I strongly urge anyone thinking of disclosing their AB/DLism to friends or family to reconsider. Sleep on it for a week or so... read some horror stories and ways that telling others has backfired on people, posts like that are on all the major boards. Think it over for a bit, then if you still think it is a good idea go for it.

Will do! I have trusted her with some of my secrets, such as my awful depression I had a few years ago and the time when I almost killed myself. I told her about that and she was supportive of me and stuff...

Even if she thinks it is weird I think she'll just be like "okay, thats weird...but okay" and just shake it off. I think 100% that she wont tell anyone.

I would ask her hypothetically if some one she knew that they loved to wear diapers what would she say or do.
    then based on her reaction, you can decide if or if not to tell her.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    I would ask her hypothetically if some one she knew that they loved to wear diapers what would she say or do.
    then based on her reaction, you can decide if or if not to tell her.
    That wouldn't work...

That just straight up would not work. The instant you ask "hypothetically" it's known that you're talking about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    That wouldn't work...

That just straight up would not work. The instant you ask "hypothetically" it's known that you're talking about yourself.
    Yep thats the bad thing about hypothetically nowadays. Its gotten a reputation for meaning yourself, thus eliminating easy conversations and getting opinions. That is my theo-*riiinnnggg*

Class dismissed.

You say that you're not best friends but talk a lot in school. Do you think you'll hang out a lot after high school? Would it be a major loss if she rejected you?
    I think easing her into it is a good idea. Start general maybe like "have you ever felt like you wanted to be younger at times? because I have." Perhaps having an emotional bridge that she could relate to and connect with your reason for liking diapers.
    In my case, that would be asking her about if she had any memories of being a baby. I would say that I don't which always bothered me since I'm obsessed with past memories. Again, that's my example, I'm sure you can think of something similar that applies to you.

okay, but diapers dont remind me of childhood, they are just a nice stress releavier. I could lead in with something like... what do you do to relevie stress? and some how lead into diapers. How does hat sound?