Status
Not open for further replies.

Zendot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I haven't used baby powder ever. Only thing I use is baby wipes for cleaning. I never got any rash or indication that I would. I've also never seen any appeal in it as well.

Based on my perception, it seems like something that is dated, that isn't common anymore. So I went searching online, and apparently my perception is correct, people don't use baby powder on their babies anymore or use it very rarely for whatever reason (health, not being needed, etc).

Being I'm an ABDL my question is I'm a weird ABDL!? Lol I'm joking... my real question is, is baby powder an old thing that doesn't make sense anymore nowadays? And also why do many (maybe most) of us enjoy it? Is it the nostalgia factor? Maybe it is because nostalgia doesn't work for me, I've always liked feeling like I'm a baby now rather than the baby that I was. And, also, do you like it or no?

I always use baby (or body) powder when I wear plastic-backed diapers because the first time I wore one, my butt sweat like hell and it was quite uncomfortable. So it's a necessity for me when I pad up in plastic-backed to control the sweating.

Baby powder is not generally recommended for babies anymore because it can can cause respiratory issues when inhaled.

I don't use it regularly, but I love the smell.

KimbaStarshine said:
I always use baby (or body) powder when I wear plastic-backed diapers because the first time I wore one, my butt sweat like hell and it was quite uncomfortable. So it's a necessity for me when I pad up in plastic-backed to control the sweating.

Funny you should mention that, I did sweat a lot too during the first times I wore a diaper to bed, and this was in February/March. However the sweating started to decrease until there was no more, I always assumed by body got used to it, or maybe I got less excited as those were the first times wearing since... well, ever really as I don't have any early memories of wearing diapers. But I also think I wore my diapers too tightly the first time which might have make it worse. Anyway it stopped and it only comes back during the peak of summer for obvious reasons or if I go walking outside wearing one.

CosmicFidelity said:
Yes. I don't know why but I love the feeling I get just from the odor.

LittleICme said:
I don't use it regularly, but I love the smell.

I assumed it probably has something to do with that, smell is indeed a powerful sense, however you can still get it from other baby products like creams and lotions to help the skin stay hidrated and smooth, of which I have and sometimes use.

I use it regularly, helps reduce chaffing and I love the smell.

I use it often, sometimes just to keep jeans from chafing when working outside in summer ...used it my whole life

for me, talc keeps my pimples on my hips mostly in check, prevents sweating under unpadded plastic, stops the itchies. also smells great and feels cool and smooth.

I love the stuff, but only use the cornstarch kind.

I love the smell of baby powder there is nothing like it for me. The smell helps me regress to my baby age. Also it help the smell if I wear for long periods of time.

I do use baby powder generally. Primarily because of the smell, and it honestly just feels good to me.

I don't get it how you survive :O like, do you only use diapers when you don't move or only at night..?
I get so stuffy and sweaty baby powder keeps me all fresh and good!

BTW can someone recommend me some non-talcum baby powder? I don't find any in here, I live in Europe! Maybe I should just buy plain corn starch?

I use babypowder, the scented versions of them, when out and about where I know I'll be in the same diaper for many hours (work for instance) Baby powder helps reduce smell of wet diaper and also like other mentioned helps reducing the feeling of being wet.

It's an occasional thing for me. Scent is a powerful thing and I don't want to make it feel too normal in my diaper wearing, particularly if I'm 24/7.

TyphaHare said:
I don't get it how you survive :O like, do you only use diapers when you don't move or only at night..?
I get so stuffy and sweaty baby powder keeps me all fresh and good!

Haha, fair enough. I wear mostly at home which means i do move but i'm not doing any long walkings or anything like that. When i do wear outside after a while it does get a bit sweaty down there, especially if it's summer. Also as i've mentioned recently in another thread, most of disposables i use are either attends adjustable or slip active, one is cloth-backed the other is plastic but both have smaller cloth wings, much more similar to real baby diapers (the adjustables are even strechy), which helps a lot with the sweating.

And to make this even more strange for you, i'm from Portugal and you're from Finland! The weather sure is way colder up there in the north than here in sunny southern Europe.

Baby powder have a cool scent. Maybe that's why it's nice to use it from times to times :tongueout:

I too love the sent of baby powder. I use it every time i put one on. It's just not the same feeling with out it.

I put power on after my shower in the morning becouse i like the feel of being extra dry before I put my diaper on, and the smell of the powder also helps stop my silly adult body smelling weird.

And I think it help stop any itching after i have shaved, very silly adult body that grows hair everywhere.

Hope this helps.

Sisi

I love baby powder, the scent is so soothing, feels great and you can avoid sweating on hotter climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back