Baby powder yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llayden said:
I buy baby powder in bulk, open them up, and empty them in a big tupperware "Flour" container. I use a measuring cup (1/3 cup) and scoop out a leveled amount and pour it on each diaper before wearing, and another level measure poured in front and back after applying the diaper. I just leave the cup in the flour bin so it doesn't end up with measuring cups for food.

One third of a cup of baby powder, per diaper? That seems like a lot!

bambinod said:
One third of a cup of baby powder, per diaper? That seems like a lot!

One might even say an....unbelievable? Amount? ;)

mattyd said:
I do use it from time to time. American Academy of Pediatrics recommends against its sue due to possible breathing it in. There are is some discussion of the talc based ones possibly containing asbestos even though not being labeled as such, plus the particles can seriously affect lungs.

Yes, you should avoid breathing ANY particulate, wood dust, flour, sand/dirt, smoke, etc. Wear a high quality dust mask during exposure, and remember that some dust is so small that it cannot be seen (and goes deepest into the lungs.

Ladies, here is an interesting article about a J&J talcum powder lawsuit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...y-powder-talcum-ovarian-cancer-link/80845030/

Lotion- YES!!!!
Powder- good for atmosphere but has very little effect.

Wish I could use it but it's a big no no with the catheter.

It really doesn't matter what anyone else does or thinks. All that matters is what you like and enjoy. I personally love the smell and in a dark room I can be instantly transcended to another time when I was laying in a crib looking at the ceiling just by having the smell around me.

bambinod said:
Well that's got a very high chance of getting appealed and overturned. You don't breathe with your ovaries. Everything causes cancer. Talc in the lungs is just more likely to accelerate it in the lungs.

The lawsuit was not about respiration, but migration through the uterus to the ovaries. And if your are wondering how, sex could possibly do it.

I would guess that the science presented at the trial must have been pretty convincing, however some jurors as we have seen are pretty naive.

Kenn said:
The lawsuit was not about respiration, but migration through the uterus to the ovaries. And if your are wondering how, sex could possibly do it.

The cilla in the fallopian tubes should completely prevent that. The only reason sperm can make any headway is they're self-propelled. The egg always heads down to the uterus, because it's just along for the ride and the cilla keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back