Status
Not open for further replies.

tg4selfcheckout

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
A couple weeks ago, I splurged on a partial pack of girls GoodNites from IIRC 2007. I don't know why I was so interested in getting a hold of those "vintage" GoodNites, but it got me wondering if there was a place to see all the designs of "big kids" bedwetting underpants through the years. Anyone else interested in a comprehensive pictorial history of all GoodNites, DryNites, UnderJams, and store brand bedwetting underwear designs, graphics, packaging, and info on product design changes?

tg4selfcheckout said:
A couple weeks ago, I splurged on a partial pack of girls GoodNites from IIRC 2007. I don't know why I was so interested in getting a hold of those "vintage" GoodNites, but it got me wondering if there was a place to see all the designs of "big kids" bedwetting underpants through the years. Anyone else interested in a comprehensive pictorial history of all GoodNites, DryNites, UnderJams, and store brand bedwetting underwear designs, graphics, packaging, and info on product design changes?

Umm...if you're wanting a pictorial history of all the packages / designs of Goodnites...I guess I'm you're guy...for the boy designs anyway. I always enjoyed Goodnites. I started to get them when they first came out. I've always kept some one hand. When the trim fit ones arrived, I bought a bunch of the original ones to save. Then as the ones with different prints came out, I'd have a pack or two of the older ones, and put them aside; cause I'd want to try out the newer ones. As time has gone on, I've got several storage tubs full of different Goodnites. The only package that I don't have, are the trim fit ones *shudders* ....those were dark times...

But I've got a couple different packs of Underjams, basically all the boy Goodnites, and some of the original ones, and even a few of the older packs of DryNites.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg

Someone had asked for some pictures awhile back, so I still have these on my computer. lol, I see some that I forgot about. SleepDrys was Luvs competitor to the Goodnites. It didn't last long. Then for years Huggies was alone in the market. Then Pampers introduced their UnderJams.

- - - Updated - - -

But when I have time, if you're needing me to take some pictures of the packages / briefs; just let me know.

Awesome, Mathew! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Yeah...it just kind of happened. I never intended to collect them all. Just you go buy a couple packages, then before you can finish using them, a new print is released, and you want the new print. But now that I've collected them, I kind of like it. Not sure what I'll ever do with them. I've been asked to sell some of them before, but not sure that I want to do that. The old XL Goodnites were huge. Used to be three sizes: M, L, XL. They were plain white, and the old L is even bigger than the modern day L / XL. The XL's were HUGE. It's crazy how much they're reduced them over the years.

My favorite Goodnites are still the old-school, all-white ones. They actually had sizes for larger teens- they weren't overly tight or too short like the current ones, and aren't large and baggy like current store-brand adult pull-ups. They fit me perfectly. They were also pretty absorbent. The first one I tried lasted me a good 5-6 hours before it leaked. There used to be a handicapped girl in my high school- when I went to the nurses office once, I found a pack of Goodnites she had left behind when she graduated, so I snuck one on and wore it home to try- it was my first real diaper, save some baby diapers I had snuck out of a daycare a couple times. I later took 2 more, but never went back to the nurses office after that.

Back on topic, while I was looking up the original ones, I found this, which might be what you're looking for https://www.flickr.com/photos/11926177@N05/sets/72157624372202210/

Nice. Looks like that person, has the girl versions of several prints. That combined with the boys ones I have; that'll be a good chunk of the history.

What exactly are you wanting tg4selfcheckout? Certain angles, sides of the packages; and pictures of the briefs themselves?

It's something that I can do for the ones I've got. It'll take awhile to get them out, set-up, take pictures, & upload. Not impossible, just very time consuming. So, it's not something that I'll be able to do very soon. But at some point I will be able too. Where are you wanting the pictures send too? A certain email? Uploaded here?

GoodNites were one of the things that caught my eye as a kid. I was never really interested in plain baby diapers, but Pull-Ups and GoodNites (and adult incontinence products eventually) I found sexually exciting (of course I didn't understand it as a kid though). I remember one time when I was about 13, I was in the living room with my parents when a GoodNites commercial came on. It made me uncomfortable so I grabbed one of our cats as a distraction of sorts, and ended up getting scratched. :p But I've never tried them - I didn't try to obtain and wear diapers as a child, and nowadays I'm too large to fit into them.

Besides squeezing into baby diapers. Goodnites were the only other thing I had as a kid. Goodnites were the first things I ever wore, that actually fit me really good. It'd be years later when I moved out of the house and got adult diapers, before I was able to wear something that really fit me again. Because of that, Goodnites have always had a special place in my heart. I remember being fascinated with them growing up. I'd stare at the TV when one of the commercials came on, or when I saw a print ad in a magazine or newspaper. It amazed me when they first launch their website, and you could see the product. It was really cool. Goodnites really helped to stir up my interests with diapers.

I still find it funny that Goodnites used to be very proud that their products were "Plain white, just like real underwear. No little kid prints." I was shocked when they changed, and began putting prints on them. After a few years, their original comparison with them, showing a printed one being for toddlers and the plain white one, being for older kids has changed. It's crazy to see them do a 180 on that. Now if you look at their site, when they show a comparison, it's the printed one that's for older kids, and the plain white one for toddlers. Don't get me wrong. I love the prints. I was so excited when they first did it. I hoped that one day, they'd do an all over print, and maybe make the sides blue. It took about 10 years, but that finally happened. As year year went by, they became more and more "training-pant like".

Mattew said:
Now if you look at their site, when they show a comparison, it's the printed one that's for older kids, and the plain white one for toddlers.

Are you referring to the current product? Because the s/m size has the licensed characters; they're not all white.

Anyway, I remember a curious pre-teen me, probably about 12 years old, visiting their website once on the family computer. I think I was too nervous to do anything but look at the homepage. I'm pretty doubtful that I cleared the browser history, but I was never questioned by my parents.

Mattew said:
Umm...if you're wanting a pictorial history of all the packages / designs of Goodnites...I guess I'm you're guy...for the boy designs anyway. I always enjoyed Goodnites. I started to get them when they first came out. I've always kept some one hand. When the trim fit ones arrived, I bought a bunch of the original ones to save. Then as the ones with different prints came out, I'd have a pack or two of the older ones, and put them aside; cause I'd want to try out the newer ones. As time has gone on, I've got several storage tubs full of different Goodnites. The only package that I don't have, are the trim fit ones *shudders* ....those were dark times...

But I've got a couple different packs of Underjams, basically all the boy Goodnites, and some of the original ones, and even a few of the older packs of DryNites.

- - - Updated - - -

------------ Snipped Images ------------

Someone had asked for some pictures awhile back, so I still have these on my computer. lol, I see some that I forgot about. SleepDrys was Luvs competitor to the Goodnites. It didn't last long. Then for years Huggies was alone in the market. Then Pampers introduced their UnderJams.

- - - Updated - - -

But when I have time, if you're needing me to take some pictures of the packages / briefs; just let me know.

--- Slightly off topic, sorry --- :rolleyes:
Mattew...

Can I live with you please?

Between my GoodNites, Underjams, Bambino Teddys and Abena M4 and your GoodNites (plus more?), we could rule diaperland :smile1:

Mattew said:
Yeah...it just kind of happened. I never intended to collect them all. Just you go buy a couple packages, then before you can finish using them, a new print is released, and you want the new print. But now that I've collected them, I kind of like it. Not sure what I'll ever do with them. I've been asked to sell some of them before, but not sure that I want to do that. The old XL Goodnites were huge. Used to be three sizes: M, L, XL. They were plain white, and the old L is even bigger than the modern day L / XL. The XL's were HUGE. It's crazy how much they're reduced them over the years.

If you do ever decide to sell even just 1 pair of the original XL goodnites let me know I would love to see what all the hype is about regarding the extra rise
Thanks

KimbaStarshine said:
Are you referring to the current product? Because the s/m size has the licensed characters; they're not all white.

Yep. Current product. I went to the site & the picture I was talking about is now gone. But they used to have a comparison of a Goodnite & a pair of training pants. The training pants were white, & the Goodnite was one of the boy's ones, with a print all over it. This a complete reversal of what their comparison was 15 years ago. I might have an old ad, I'd have to try & find it.

No Goodnite has been white for more than 10 years. They introduced prints somewhere around 2004. The S/M ones aren't the ones that they say are for toddlers. They're for older kids too. Just smaller & younger kids (clothing size 4-8) (mostly. Some toddlers on the high end of the growth scale might need them, & be too large for actual Pull-ups). The distinction they make today, is bedwetting vs potty training. Do they need Goodnites which are for older kids, or training pants which are for younger kids / toddlers.

FluffyMastiff said:
--- Slightly off topic, sorry --- :rolleyes:
Mattew...

Can I live with you please?

Between my GoodNites, Underjams, Bambino Teddys and Abena M4 and your GoodNites (plus more?), we could rule diaperland :smile1:

lol. There actually is more. I've got a bunch of storage tubs I'm using. I just showed the ones with Goodnites. I think the collection has maybe grown by another pack or two, since that pic was taken. I've got tubs with the old plastic backed baby diapers & then my tubs full of various adult brand ones (ABU, Bambino, Abenas, Molicare, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Bby said:
If you do ever decide to sell even just 1 pair of the original XL goodnites let me know I would love to see what all the hype is about regarding the extra rise
Thanks

I'll try to take some picture sometime. Imagine a Goodnite that's 5 inches (maybe more, can't remember) bigger on both the front & back. Plus thicker. It'd take several of the current Goodnites to equal their thickness. But yeah, I'll try to take a picture comparing them.

Mattew said:
I'll try to take some picture sometime. Imagine a Goodnite that's 5 inches (maybe more, can't remember) bigger on both the front & back. Plus thicker. It'd take several of the current Goodnites to equal their thickness. But yeah, I'll try to take a picture comparing them.

Now I want one even more !!!!

They were marked as being for up to 125 pounds, but I swear someone 200+ could comfortable use them. Last time I wore one, I was 125 / 130 & I was swimming in them. Went several inches past my belly button. The ones now are well below my belly button. The old L size, is stil bigger than the current L / XL we have today.

Then the dark times....the days of Trim Fit... They realize their products were too big. So they came out with trim fit. Much smaller than what they are today and paper-thin. They haven't increaseed much in size since they switch to Trim Fit. Trim fit was also supposed to make them less noticeable, for kids on sleepovers. But they were too small & thin. Leaked. Lots of complaints.

LOL...nice to find something I'm finally good at. Goodnites Historian. Think I can get a cameo on the History channel, when they do a "History of Goodnites Special"?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Trim Fit, might have been when they did away with the three sizes too. I'd have to verify that tho. I can't remember if it was then, or when they came out with gender specific prints.

Here are the girls' Goodnites patterns from when they first began in 2004 or so. Most are L/XL, but a few S/M alternate patterns are here as well (see another thread for the the Pull-Ups designs). Click the image to see larger with year in title.

2004.jpg 2005.jpg 2006.jpg 2007.jpg
2008.jpg 2009.jpg 2009b.jpg 2009c.jpg
2009d.jpg 2010.jpg 2010b.jpg 2010c.jpg
2010d.jpg 2011.jpg 2011b.jpg 2013.jpg
2013b.jpg 2014.jpg 2014b.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sam, GoodniteLover219, WillFord384 and 1 other person
Wow, Mattew and Prairie, you are both awesome! Mattew, I'd love some pictures of the diapers themselves, but don't go opening any packages unless you want to. Thanks everybody who has chimed in so far!

Mattew said:

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 25387
View attachment 25388
View attachment 25389
View attachment 25390

- - - Updated - - -

What were trim fit goodnites?

MisledZach said:
What were trim fit goodnites?

Trim Fit, was a redesign of the Goodnites. The thickness was about 25% of the originals, & they reduced them in overall size, by a lot. The old XL size was like a Medium or Large in adult Men's underwear. They were HUGE. After trim fit came out, even tho they stated they were for up to 125 pounds, they weren't. At the time I was about 115. They were very tight & small on me.

After a year of complaints by parents about them leaking, needing to be thicker, needing to be larger, etc. They did make them more absorbent & a bit larger. They're still no where near the size that they used to be.

Read the Wikipedia article on product history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoodNites

The Trim Fit days were dark times, cause unless you wore a size 10 in boys or smaller, you were probably going to be uncomfortable in them. And even if you could fit in them, & needed them for legitimate bedwetting reasons, they were probably going to leak on you.

I took a bunch of pictures too of packages & briefs. I'm trying to find a few more briefs & then I'll have to upload them.

Ummm...ok...I was really overestimating the ease of this project. I forgot how many changes Goodnites have been through. I wanted to be able to document the packages and the pants themselves. The only problem was trying to take pictures. There was a bunch I took, and still more to take... I'm well over 130 at the moment. So I figured I'd take a break from that for awhile. I'm also not really sure how to share these pictures. It takes awhile to insert a picture (and I just learned while wring this post, you can only do 25 per post...), and to insert more than a hundred will take forever. Plus, many of the pictures of the pants don't do justice to the designs, since the sides are folded in, and there might be other folds on the pant / design.

So basically, what I'm doing is taking a picture of the package, front and back. Then I'm taking an up-close picture, of the picture of the product on the package. Last, I'm taking pictures of the pants themselves, front and back. For some, I think that I'm better off showing the picture of the product that's on the package. Visually, it's just better / easier to see. For example:

Picture of the package for Goodnite boxers (front and back)
thumb_IMG_2845_1024.jpg

Picture of the product on the package
IMG_2923.jpg

Picture of the actual Product
thumb_IMG_2848_1024.jpg

Not that impressive, right?

Then I've got the problem of how to display the pants themselves. When there was a single design it was easy. Just show a front an back of each. But then they started doing two designs in each package. I want to try to keep everything together. But I'm not sure if I should show the fronts of both prints, and the backs of both prints together, or just keep a single print in a picture by itself. (silly things to worry about, I know.)

thumb_IMG_2834_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2837_1024.jpg

For now, I'm just going to settle on uploading the pictures of the products that are on each package. In time I might try to post more pictures of the packages and the pictures of the products themselves. I also have a few comparison pictures of the old Goodnites and the new ones, I'd like to share.

I think I originally stated that the older Goodnites were about 5 inches higher in the front and back, than the new Goodnites. That might be a bit high. When I compared them, I was showing that the older XL Goodnite was 3 inches higher in the front and 3 inches in the back. So over-all, it had an extra 6 inches. This was an un-stretched measurement as well. The older one that I was using, had been a bit squashed. It might have had an extra inch or two. The old Large Goodnites were about 2 inches larger than the current L / XL Goodnites.

Old XL Goodnite vs current L / XL Goodnite
thumb_IMG_2770_1024.jpg

Old L Goodnite vs Current L / XL Goodnite
thumb_IMG_2776_1024.jpg

I discovered that I had more of the S / M Goodnites than I thought I had during this as well. I think I have all the prints. The prints for the smaller and larger size were the same until 2010. So I guess that I have all the boy prints that have been produced.

So, let's start at the beginning and work our way through time:

Original XL Goodnite from 1999
IMG_2895.jpg

Original L Goodnite from 1990's
IMG_2896.jpg

2004 Boy's Goodnite - First Goodnites with prints - BMX Bikes
IMG_2894.jpg

2005 Boy's Goodnite - ATV's
IMG_2897.jpg

2006 Boy's Goodnite - Dragsters
IMG_2898.jpg

2007 Boy's Goodnite - Soccer players
IMG_2899.jpg

2008 Boy's Goodnite - BMX Bikes
IMG_2900.jpg

2009 Boy's Goodnite - Race Cars
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg

2010 S/M Boy's Goodnite - Dirt Bikes & Sharks
IMG_2907.jpg

2010 L/XL Boy's Goodnite - Dirt Bikes & Karate
IMG_2904.jpg

2011 S/M Boy's Goodnite - Camo Choppers and Trucks
IMG_2916.jpg

2011 L/XL Boy's Goodnite - Camo Choppers & Skateboards
IMG_2912.jpg

2012 S/M Boy's Goodnite - Spiderman
IMG_2924.jpg

Other Spiderman Goodnites that have been released, not sure of years:

2013? Spiderman
IMG_2927.jpg

2014? Spiderman
IMG_2930.jpg

2015? S/M Boy's Goodnite - Iron Man
IMG_2933.jpg

2015? L/XL Boy's Goodnite - Camo Choppers & Red Skateboarding
IMG_2920.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know if anyone wants me to post more. I've also got a few pictures of the Luvs Sleepdry, Pampers Underjams, and of course; more Goodnites.

Reactions: Trevor
Ohh yeah, I forgot. For anyone interested, here's a picture comparing the thickness of the old Goodnites to the new ones.

thumb_IMG_2769_1024.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bby said:
Now I want one even more !!!!

I have uploaded a few pictures. Might not be the full 5 inches on both the front and back. But at least 3 inches on the front and 3 inches on the back higher, for at least 6 more inches. It could have been a bit more. I was comparing an older one that was a bit squished to a newer one. I've got pictures up showing the size different. Also shows how much the old L size is compared to the new ones. They've really shrank them. Basically there were 3 sizes. M, L, and XL. The current L/XL is about the size of the old M. It's sad that they've shrunk them so much. Also lost a lot of padding. Half of the old Goodnites, either the front of back, had more padding in them than the current Goodnites have total in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back