Adult Baby Subculture within Disability Subculture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I do have an observation to make.
Adult Baby behavior seems to be pretty common within the Disability Subculture.
Many in the Disability Subculture do deny that they are into Adult Baby Behavior.
But, it is pretty common, especially among the physically disabled.
I admit that I know other disabled adults who are in-denial of being a part of the Adult Baby Subculture.
Why do some members of the disabled community deny that they are adult babies?

I am not disabled but my guess is that they are ashamed of their AB behavior just like many other people are. We have a large number of AB people on ADISC but I am sure that there are many, many people who are AB but have told no one, not even on-line. I would expect the general disabled population to be the same.

BabyDenise said:
I am not disabled but my guess is that they are ashamed of their AB behavior just like many other people are. We have a large number of AB people on ADISC but I am sure that there are many, many people who are AB but have told no one, not even on-line. I would expect the general disabled population to be the same.

Yes, probably there is the feelings of shame.
I felt shame for a very long time, before I finally accepted myself and found others like me.

Hi its Sisi hear.

Not shore really and I might be stepping on someone big toe to hear.
I think it comes down to choice. Must of us me included choice to be little although for me I was little already I just had to accept who I was /the way I was.

But I had to choose not to play pretend to be an adult.

haps those that it is forced on, i.e having to wear because you are physically disabled and have to rely on a caregiver perhaps means that they have to choose to play pretend not to be a child.

However why would anybody choose to grow up confuses me.

I have also found the learning disabled community and to accept me the way I am naturally. But even then I wouldn't suck my Pacifier opening in front of them. I think that's more my discomfort than there's.

Hope this helps.

Sisi

One aspect of the disability subculture is that those who are not disabled tend to infantilize us disabled and lots of times interact with us as if we are children. Many of us physically and developmentally disabled dislike being treated like children. Yet, there are many of us with exceptionally strong infantile feelings and desires to be unconditionally loved and cared for because we have difficulties with self-care and genuinely require assistance with things like our personal sanitary needs, etc.

every time I get my diaper changed (7-8 times a day) I feel babyish. I agree completely with caitianx

CPDude said:
every time I get my diaper changed (7-8 times a day) I feel babyish. I agree completely with caitianx

Of course, with respect to my having cerebral palsy, I am on the more able end of the spectrum. I do not require others to change my diapers. Yet, I do wish I had someone to change my diaper when it is dirty. Being "babied" once in a while would be nice, and it would be very emotionally comforting.

caitianx said:
I do have an observation to make.
Adult Baby behavior seems to be pretty common within the Disability Subculture.
Many in the Disability Subculture do deny that they are into Adult Baby Behavior.
But, it is pretty common, especially among the physically disabled.
I admit that I know other disabled adults who are in-denial of being a part of the Adult Baby Subculture.
Why do some members of the disabled community deny that they are adult babies?

Just because a disabled person needs help with things much in the same way a baby does, does not mean that they desire to be treated as a baby. I know some people who are both disabled and are adult baby but I also know some who just want their independence and to be able to do things on their own. When I was sick I did not really want everyone to have to do everything for me. I would not say that they are in denial per say.

I am disabled and have other disabled friends, partially also incontinent.

Kwjetka

I used to talk to someone online and on the phone and he seemed a lot like an AB. He had talked about wanting a crib and then he accused me of being judgmental when I told him that was being an AB because four year olds don't sleep in cribs and he said he was a lot like a four year old. He also had autism so his emotions were at a level of a four year old and his social skills so he didn't see himself as AB but I'm sorry but if someone is going for AB items, I will question it. It's nothing personal and there is nothing wrong with being AB. But unless someone has a mind of a baby, then I won't see them as such and if someone has to sleep in a crib due to seizures or very bad PTSD or being so mentally disabled, I won't see them as such. If someone has to use a handicapped stroller because of a medical issue, I won't see it as such. I didn't see Brooke Greenberg as such.

I guess there must be a stigma on ABs because it's considered a sexual fetish and they don't want to be associated with kink and be seen as living a kink 24/7 and be accused of role playing. It is pretty insulting to accuse someone as being an AB if they are just being themselves and if they need a crib for medical issues or a handicapped stroller or a car seat and we wouldn't think someone of being mentally disabled as being AB just because they need to be changed and fed and taken care of because they are not able to do it themselves. And some people are just naturally child like but it wouldn't mean they are AB unless they are using AB items or sleeping in cribs and eating in high chairs or wearing AB clothes so it would be insulting to call them ABs.

However if someone who is disabled wants to consider themselves AB, that is their decision and some use AB to cope.

Last edited:
Thanks you Calico.

I consider my self to be "Little." Becouse it fits better than AB although I think there is a over lap most of the time I feel about 5.

My so called learning disabilities are more yust the way I am. rather than a disability. and mental health issues have mostly come from "normal." People trying to fix me.

I can only talk about who it is for me. And the biggest realise for me. Is doing away with labels and masks. Being told that I see the world differently to other people. And it's ok to be myself.

Hear is a you tube clip of a song that explains how my life use to be. And still is for many people that are "in care." But it not care it control in a bad way.

XTC - Making Plans For Nigel (1979) (HQ): https://youtu.be/PHTrJGeKhYA

I have daily routines which could be seen as controls but they there to help me not to get in a model and I have control over them with Daddy's help.

Hope this has made sense and my be helped somebody.

Sisi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back